Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 124

Thread: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

  1. #61
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Years ago people stayed in the hospital for 5 days after delivery. Now it's 1 day. I was sent home 3 days after my last c-section, and I wanted to stay, but was told that was standard. I also have seen my husband and kids pushed out sooner than I think they should have been. In this day and age it appears to be the opposite of what you say here.
    Three days and you wanted more. Geez. It's folks like you I think that caused the changes then, wasting insurers money. I delivered around midnight and we left the next day around noon. Both times family was with me through it all, never asked to or left the hospital, and only left the room the first birth as mentioned to go find and get the baby and bring her to me NOW!
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #62
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Three days and you wanted more. Geez. It's folks like you I think that caused the changes then, wasting insurers money. I delivered around midnight and we left the next day around noon. Both times family was with me through it all, never left the hospital, and only left the room the first birth as mentioned to go find and get the baby and bring her to me NOW!
    I had a c-section. I guess you don't know that a c-section is surgery.

    Not sure what "folks like me" means, or that I think you caused anything. I have my own insurance and didn't waste your money.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,685

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Not really to the child though. I don't buy that at all. Now should the hospital and patient be prepared to switch to a c-section and avoid the "emergency" aspect that raises the issue, sure, then the baby is in no more danger than a usual c-section.
    omg

    Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)-Risks of VBAC and Cesarean Deliveries

    Rupture of the scar on the uterus, which is rare but can be deadly to the mother and baby
    there are other complications such as infection and other problems.

    you can not buy it all you want to that doesn't meant they don't exist.

  4. #64
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Have you ever been on the receiving end of a report to child protective services? I know a person who was, and you clearly don't have a clue as to how that goes. First things first, they come and take your children, then they decide if they should give them back.
    So what? Reporting someone to child protective services is not LEGAL action. It's a report.

    Just FYI, because it has nothing to do with THIS incident, in order to sue someone in court and WIN for reporting someone to child protective services, one must have clear and convincing evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the person doing the reporting knew what they were reporting was NOT true and that they did it maliciously. The courts believe, and most agree, that taking any other approach to reporters would have "a chilling effect" on those reporting. Better safe than sorry wins the day.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #65
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I had a c-section. I guess you don't know that a c-section is surgery.

    Not sure what "folks like me" means, or that I think you caused anything. I have my own insurance and didn't waste your money.
    Folks that want to stay in the hospital longer than needed just because they want to. I had a full hysterectomy at 9am one day and left at 9am the next. It's about the same if not more traumatic than a c-section. Nice try.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  6. #66
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    So what? Reporting someone to child protective services is not LEGAL action. It's a report.

    Just FYI, because it has nothing to do with THIS incident, in order to sue someone in court and WIN for reporting someone to child protective services, one must have clear and convincing evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that the person doing the reporting knew what they were reporting was NOT true and that they did it maliciously. The courts believe, and most agree, that taking any other approach to reporters would have "a chilling effect" on those reporting. Better safe than sorry wins the day.
    Now I was a severely abused child, due to the times and having a doctor for a father, no one turned him or my mother in. In my teens, I befriended a girl who had been taken by child protective because of sexual abuse by the father. She was put in a filthy foster home where she was again sexually abused, and then to another and so on. She had been to five foster homes and sexually abused 4 of those.

    So here's the thing, I KNEW it was my parents fault and not my fault that I was beaten and abused. Since she kept having the same thing happen at numerous places, she was convinced it was all her fault.

    Unless and until the foster care system is truely a safer place (evidenced by way more than this little story I relate), I disagree with your assumption that it is safer than sorrier.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #67
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Folks that want to stay in the hospital longer than needed just because they want to. I had a full hysterectomy at 9am one day and left at 9am the next. It's about the same if not more traumatic than a c-section. Nice try.
    No clue what you're trying to accomplish. Most hysterectomy stays are only 1-2 days anyway. My cousin just had one at the Mayo Clinic and was out the next day.

  8. #68
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No clue what you're trying to accomplish. Most hysterectomy stays are only 1-2 days anyway. My cousin just had one at the Mayo Clinic and was out the next day.
    Not back when I had one. All the other ladies going in the same morning stayed 3-5 days. Hence my point that it was because of people choosing to remain invalids that caused insurance companies to limit the acceptable number of days in post-surgical hospital stay.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  9. #69
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    I would presume, perhaps wrongly, that this decision by the medical team and the supporting court was made to protect the life of the child about to be born. Since most people who reasonably support "choice" do so when a fetus isn't yet viable, relying solely on the woman to choose whatever treatment she wants to her body, I would also assume that those people would also support, in such a situation, the medical team and the supporting court who are suggesting the best path for the child's safety at presumably no or less risk to the mother.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #70
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Pregnant Women Warned: Consent to Surgical Birth or Else

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Not back when I had one. All the other ladies going in the same morning stayed 3-5 days. Hence my point that it was because of people choosing to remain invalids that caused insurance companies to limit the acceptable number of days in post-surgical hospital stay.
    So then what are you trying to accomplish? You said they want to keep people too long, and then you say that years ago they kept people longer, so they don't keep people too long now since the time is shorter.

    I never met anyone who actually wanted to be in a hospital. I also never knew any new mothers who wanted to be "invalids". I stayed for 3 days because my doctors knew more about medicine than I did, not because I enjoyed being in a hospital room.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •