Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 712

Thread: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched [W:700]

  1. #491
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,953
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    We ... more?
    Reading the CA penal code linked earlier, it seems that if Greer had killed Miller inside of his house, the state's default position would be that Greer was justified.
    Not sure if you knew that or not.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing his assailant

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post

    So, to answer your question...
    There's no difference for a civilian between chasing someone with a gun and "revenge."
    So there's no magic number of steps or seconds or what have you.
    It just starts off as "revenge" and finishes as "revenge".
    I see. So an 80 year old man who has been beaten, is being robbed gets his gun and confronts his two assailants. They both turn and run now that he has a chance against them. Is it revenge just as soon as they turn to run? Or do they have to run a step or two?

    Do you understand how pathetic your stance is? Are you a lawyer?

    Is it revenge after the tenth time a running foot hits the ground? Or is there some magical number of foot steps or seconds that have to occur between the broken bones and a lawful killing? In your opinion is the difference between a lawful killing and a murder one second? Two?

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Reading the CA penal code linked earlier, it seems that if Greer had killed Miller inside of his house, the state's default position would be that Greer was justified.
    Not sure if you knew that or not.
    I don't think it matters. I was asking you how many steps have to fall before a justified killing becomes murder. How many seconds? Is it ten steps and two seconds?

    He was beaten. He was being robbed. he got his gun and they began to run. Do you think they ran for minutes or for one or two seconds before he killed the female assailant?

  4. #494
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing his assailant

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I see. So an 80 year old man who has been beaten, is being robbed gets his gun and confronts his two assailants. They both turn and run now that he has a chance against them. Is it revenge just as soon as they turn to run? Or do they have to run a step or two?

    Do you understand how pathetic your stance is? Are you a lawyer?

    Is it revenge after the tenth time a running foot hits the ground? Or is there some magical number of foot steps or seconds that have to occur between the broken bones and a lawful killing? In your opinion is the difference between a lawful killing and a murder one second? Two?
    The people in question turned to run, they were no longer a threat, period. He murdered the person. End of story. It is illegal to shoot someone fleeing because now there is no threat. It does not matter as to how many steps they took, they turned their backs to flee. At that point deadly force is no longer required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #495
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,953
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing his assailant

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I see. So an 80 year old man who has been beaten, is being robbed gets his gun and confronts his two assailants. They both turn and run now that he has a chance against them. Is it revenge just as soon as they turn to run? Or do they have to run a step or two?
    If a reasonable person would not have fear for imminent loss of life or great bodily harm, etc then it is a crime to shoot.

    I thought this was all spelled out quite clearly in re Zimmerman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Do you understand how pathetic your stance is?
    Would you write a wall of text explaining in detail exactly how pathetic it is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Is it revenge after the tenth time a running foot hits the ground? Or is there some magical number of foot steps or seconds that have to occur between the broken bones and a lawful killing? In your opinion is the difference between a lawful killing and a murder one second? Two?
    If a reasonable person would not have fear for imminent loss of life or great bodily harm, etc then it is a crime to shoot.

    There's not a hard and fast formula other than the reasonable person thing.

    You must have skipped all of the Zimmerman discussion. This was all hashed to death and back again in those threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I don't think it matters.
    You are welcome to hold w/e sorts of opinions please you. You do not even have to justify these opinion at all.
    I may be wrong.

  6. #496
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Who exactly is saying that Greer did wrong when first started shooting at the crooks?
    Afaict, it's nobody.
    Nobody seems to fault Greer for shooting at the crooks when the crooks were inside his house.
    No one.


    Greer is criticized for shooting a fleeing, unarmed woman in the back.
    This is something entirely different that what Greer was doing inside of his house when he was shooting at the crooks.

    If you could recognize the difference between the two things [shooting to defend oneself and shooting a woman in the back], perhaps you would be better able to understand what your fellow posters are saying.


    Imho, the differences between defending yourself and shooting a fleeing woman in the back are easily distinguishable.
    But I guess that there is some way that the two things can get mixed up for some people.

    So, to say it again:

    Shooting crooks to defend yourself and your home = "GREAT JOB!"
    Shooting a fleeing unarmed woman = "murder"



    No one is objecting to the first part. We're all with you on that. Greer was well within his rights to defend himself by shooting at the crooks in his house.
    No fault found.

    The objection is to actions which occurred after the crooks started to flee.
    Greer chased down an unarmed woman and shot her in the back.
    That part, shooting an unarmed woman in the back, that's the objectionable part.


    It seems very clear that no one is objecting to Greer shooting to defend himself.
    I hope that is clear to you as well now.

    No one is "[begrudging] him for fighting back once he got to his weapon."

    Hope that helps. GL
    Beat this horse all you want, my mind will not be changed in my believe that Mr. Greer did NOTHING wrong. I commend the old guy for doing what he did.
    He took scum off the street.

  7. #497
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing his assailant

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    The people in question turned to run, they were no longer a threat, period. He murdered the person. End of story. It is illegal to shoot someone fleeing because now there is no threat. It does not matter as to how many steps they took, they turned their backs to flee. At that point deadly force is no longer required.
    Cry a river for the low lifes that beat an old person. You are part of the problem.

  8. #498
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I don't think it matters. I was asking you how many steps have to fall before a justified killing becomes murder. How many seconds? Is it ten steps and two seconds?

    He was beaten. He was being robbed. he got his gun and they began to run. Do you think they ran for minutes or for one or two seconds before he killed the female assailant?
    They will think different when its them.

  9. #499
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    He definately did something wrong, the question is if it is legal. Morally and ethically it is wrong to kill someone in any case other than self defense or defense of others. I suppose there might be a few exceptions, like defending equiptemnt your life is dependent on or could be dependent on, but that goes back to self defense. Killing is wrong, unless you have to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Beat this horse all you want, my mind will not be changed in my believe that Mr. Greer did NOTHING wrong. I commend the old guy for doing what he did.
    He took scum off the street.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    He definately did something wrong, the question is if it is legal. Morally and ethically it is wrong to kill someone in any case other than self defense or defense of others. I suppose there might be a few exceptions, like defending equiptemnt your life is dependent on or could be dependent on, but that goes back to self defense. Killing is wrong, unless you have to do it.
    He had to do it. If not, good chance they would come back again. And nothing wrong with killing, as long as the right people get killed.

Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •