Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 712

Thread: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched [W:700]

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The victim said this is the third time they have tried to rob him.

    They suspects both climbed through his window, which are not big in a small apartment like that, and were wrestling with a safe when he walked in.

    Does any of that give you an indication that the woman was actually pregnant?

    This was the third time they have been there to rob him, but he made sure there would not be a fourth.

    He did what he had to do.

    I think the imminent threat in this case could be extended being that he could be sure they would try it again and they came close this time to killing him.
    I once read a similar argument by a legal scholar regarding kidnap victims. The gist of it was that the "imminence" requirement for using deadly force should be relaxed for them. The argument recognized that a kidnap victim may be held for a long time, and all that time he can never be sure the kidnapper won't kill him at some point. And yet during that time, the kidnapper may slip up and give the victim opportunities to escape by using force--maybe deadly force. So, if any opportunity should present itself, the victim has to take advantage of it--even if, right at that moment, he was not in imminent danger of being killed by the kidnapper.

    I like that argument--but I'm not sure how many legislators were ever persuaded to change the law where the killer is a kidnap victim. And in any case, the facts were nothing like that here. Unless California has enacted some statute that drastically changed the common law about self-defense, the fear an attacker may try again at some indefinite time, by itself, does not even begin to justify intentionally killing him.

    In one case that finally went to the Supreme Court of the U.S., a woman who had just been beaten by her husband--probably not for the first time--went upstairs, got his gun, and came down again. She claimed he had again approached her and was about to corner her when she shot and killed him. But the jury didn't buy her self-defense claim, apparently because she went and got the gun instead of escaping.

  2. #322
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,022

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    #102


    I once read a similar argument by a legal scholar regarding kidnap victims. The gist of it was that the "imminence" requirement for using deadly force should be relaxed for them. The argument recognized that a kidnap victim may be held for a long time, and all that time he can never be sure the kidnapper won't kill him at some point. And yet during that time, the kidnapper may slip up and give the victim opportunities to escape by using force--maybe deadly force. So, if any opportunity should present itself, the victim has to take advantage of it--even if, right at that moment, he was not in imminent danger of being killed by the kidnapper.

    I like that argument--but I'm not sure how many legislators were ever persuaded to change the law where the killer is a kidnap victim. And in any case, the facts were nothing like that here. Unless California has enacted some statute that drastically changed the common law about self-defense, the fear an attacker may try again at some indefinite time, by itself, does not even begin to justify intentionally killing him.

    In one case that finally went to the Supreme Court of the U.S., a woman who had just been beaten by her husband--probably not for the first time--went upstairs, got his gun, and came down again. She claimed he had again approached her and was about to corner her when she shot and killed him. But the jury didn't buy her self-defense claim, apparently because she went and got the gun instead of escaping.
    If she would have had her story be "I decided to hide the gun until the next time he hit me. I had had enough. There was no way he would ever let me leave and attempting to escape or slowly walk out the door only would have drew suspicion" she prolly could have got off whether they believed it or not, eventually, due to reasonable doubt.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #323
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robbery (Video) | Americans Against the Tea Party

    I'm glad he killed her too. Those two criminals didn't hesitate to attack an old man and then they were so arrogant as to continue robbing him after they attacked him. I only wish he killed the man too.
    If you want to make this a self-defense thing, you have a point. What gets me is that he's "extremely pleased." If you're extremely pleased about killing another human being, no matter the circumstances, there's something wrong with you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #324
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You seem to have forgotten, Zimmerman didn't confront Trayvon at all.
    Trayvon confronted him. Has to return to an area he was not in to do it. Either that, or he laid in wait.
    Chasing somebody or uhmmm...... "repeatedly following somebody by runngin after them" is not "confronting them"?

    You seem to be automatically equating Zimmerman's claims with "established facts". The only established fact in this case is that Martin was in the process of attacking Zimmerman when he was shot. How and why Martin came to attack Zimmerman was never established.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He deliberately shot Trayvon in self-defense. That is not negligence.
    Spare me. Seeking out an avoidable confrontation after being advised by a competent authority not to is negligence. If you kill somebody while doing it, it is negligent homicide.

    In this case, if one wants to carry a weapon for self defense, dont chase other citizens at night because you dont think they "belong" in "your" area. And espescially dont chase other citizens who are merely travelling to their home. If one want to be a chaser, one needs to leave the weapon at home.

    But.... guys like Zimmerman think the weapon empowers them to do the chasing.
    Last edited by Cryptic; 07-28-14 at 12:13 PM.

  5. #325
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Simple lesson here: When the media sticks a microphone in your face following an incident such as this, the best thing you can say is "No comment" and walk away.

  6. #326
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    This is not about Pro Life and or Pro Choice. This is about what two scumbags got for beating an old man before trying to steal from him. So, its actually very consistent.
    As I understand it it turns out she lied about the whole being pregnant part. But it IS funny to see staunch pro slaughter folks now claiming the 'poor innocent unborn child' bit. Cuz...murder is....subjective.

    Dood shouldnt have shot her in the back regardless. He should have been smart enough to keep his mouth shut without a lawyer. At the end of the day, I think he is 80 and this is his 15 seconds.

  7. #327
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE TITLE 8. OF CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON CHAPTER 1. HOMICIDE SECTION 187-199
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=187-199

    187. (a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

    188. Such malice may be express or implied. It is express when there is manifested a deliberate intention unlawfully to take away the life of a fellow creature. It is implied, when no considerable provocation appears, or when the circumstances attending the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.
    When it is shown that the killing resulted from the intentional doing of an act with express or implied malice as defined above, no other mental state need be shown to establish the mental state of malice aforethought. Neither an awareness of the obligation to act within the general body of laws regulating society nor acting despite such awareness is included within the definition of malice.

    189. All murder which is perpetrated by means of a destructive device or explosive, a weapon of mass destruction, knowing use of ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor, poison, lying in wait, torture, or by any other kind of willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or which is committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, arson, rape, carjacking, robbery, burglary, mayhem, kidnapping, train wrecking, or any act punishable under Section 206, 286, 288, 288a, or 289, or any murder which is perpetrated by means of discharging a firearm from a motor vehicle, intentionally at another person outside of the vehicle with the intent to inflict death, is murder of the first degree. All other kinds of murders are of the second degree.


    It reads as though second degree murder may be an appropriate charge.
    I may be wrong.

  8. #328
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Simple lesson here: When the media sticks a microphone in your face following an incident such as this, the best thing you can say is "No comment" and walk away.
    It seems he has hung himself out to dry.

    He has painted himself as the kind of guy who would shoot a fleeing pregnant woman in the back.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    It seems he has hung himself out to dry.

    He has painted himself as the kind of guy who would shoot a fleeing pregnant woman in the back.
    Fleeing felon. Get it right.

  10. #330
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Fleeing felon. Get it right.
    yes. fleeing
    looks like we are all on that same page
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •