Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 712

Thread: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched [W:700]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    True. But chasing them down an alley is not self defense any longer.
    I disagree. When your attacker(s) seek to reposition, that does not necessarily mean the attack is no longer an imminent threat. Or that the battle, or threat, is even even close to being finished.

    To think otherwise is incredibly naive.
    Last edited by Muhammed; 07-27-14 at 12:28 AM.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    giving him reason not to shoot,
    You must mean lied to him instead, as it surely was not a reason for him not to shoot.
    Just saying.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #243
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You must mean lied to him instead, as it surely was not a reason for him not to shoot.
    Just saying.
    it was a lie
    but it was also pleading, begging by the woman not to be shot
    which then tells us, she was not - at that time - inflicting hostility upon him, thereby not necessitating the firing of his weapon in self defense
    twice
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #244
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    it was a lie
    but it was also pleading, begging by the woman not to be shot
    which then tells us, she was not - at that time - inflicting hostility upon him, thereby not necessitating the firing of his weapon in self defense
    twice
    Yes we know what it was.
    But as pointed out, it was not a reason for him not to shoot.

    I do wonder where she found time to do this pleading all the while running down an ally with her back to him?
    Apparently there is information we do not have.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #245
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Read about this earlier and I'm pretty sure this guy is going to pay a hefty price.

    The guy shot the chick as she and her boyfriend were running away....outside the house....down the alley.

    Deadly force is fine when an imminent threat of death or grave bodily harm exists. That sure doesn't seem to be the case here.
    The second post pretty much answered this somehow 25 page long thread.

    Had he shot her when they jumped on him inside the house and tackled him it would've been "Clean" so to speak.

    Instead he shot the woman as they were fleeing from his house, with ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY no signs of being able to harm him physically in any way whatsoever.

    As for the lady being pregnant that means nothing, her being dead is what matters, the pregnancy in this case to me seems to be just a tool to get people even more riled up on how wrong with was.

    OFF-TOPIC SIDENOTE

    That baby would have been raised terribly... Your mother and (presumably that guy was...) father being criminals, that outta get the good values instilled into you...
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #246
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I disagree. When your attacker(s) seek to reposition, that does not necessarily mean the attack is no longer an imminent threat. Or that the battle, or threat, is even even close to being finished.

    To think otherwise is incredibly naive.
    In this case we'll never know, but the male seemed to have run off completely without looking back. However, one could also argue that it was because the female was shot that he decided to never return, but as I said, we just will never know, we can only assume.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #247
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes we know what it was.
    But as pointed out, it was not a reason for him not to shoot.
    certainly it was a reason for him not to shoot
    her begging him, her pleading with him not to shoot her was an unmistakable indicator that he was no longer being threatened by her during her retreat

    I do wonder where she found time to do this pleading all the while running down an ally with her back to him?
    Apparently there is information we do not have.
    yes. what caused him to believe it was the same couple who had ransacked his place thrice before. why did they both leave him unattended in his own home, giving him an opportunity to access his hand gun
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #248
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    This thread is starting out like the Zimmerman thread. Kinda civil at the beginning but by page thirty it got where it took on a life of its own. That being said; this senile ole coot should not see the light of day for the few remaining days of his miserable existence.

    Sadly Calyfornia will be picking up the tab for his keep BUT maybe they can get his Social security and Medicare to pick up some of the tab. Give him a stipend of maybe $15 dollars a week, maybe that will keep the gangbangers off his rotting corps for a few minutes.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #249
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,478

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I disagree. When your attacker(s) seek to reposition, that does not necessarily mean the attack is no longer an imminent threat. Or that the battle, or threat, is even even close to being finished.

    To think otherwise is incredibly naive.
    Oh , they were running down the alley while he called 911 and then they were going to reposition themselves. How many blocks were they going to run before they repositioned themselves?

    These cases always bring out the Perry Mason viewers.

    We can wait for the trial and hear it out. As of now , none of us really don't know anything other that the unreliable media has given us.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 80-Year-Old Extremely Pleased About Killing Pregnant Woman Fleeing Botched Robber

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    certainly it was a reason for him not to shoot
    You seem to be misunderstanding what is being said.

    No, it was not a reason for him not to shoot.


    It may have been a reason for you not to shoot, but not for him. Do you now understand what was said?
    Which is kind of obvious. Had it been a reason for him not to shoot, he wouldn't have shot.



    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    her begging him, her pleading with him not to shoot her was an unmistakable indicator that he was no longer being threatened by her during her retreat
    You do not know how that occurred.



    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes. what caused him to believe it was the same couple who had ransacked his place thrice before. why did they both leave him unattended in his own home, giving him an opportunity to access his hand gun
    Maybe what happened hasn't been accurately relayed.
    As for what you mention here? That is nothing more than stupid criminals being stupid.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •