Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

  1. #1
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A South Florida renter came home to find people living inside his house but the family illegally squatting inside said they are not leaving.
    The owner of the property on SW 5th street and 49th Avenue said his friend William Ruiz has been renting the house for the past two years and recently started to move out while the house was listed for short sale

    =-=-=


    The man who moved in with his pregnant wife and toddler didn’t want to be identified but said he was scammed by a phony realtor.
    He said a lease agreement proves he paid $3,600 to live at the home.
    Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home « CBS Miami

    I'm sorry you got "scammed" but the moment you realized that this house was a scam, you get the F out. I don't care his wife is pregnant or he has a toddler. Mu opinion would be "My house, get the bleep out". Cops would be called, and that door would be kicked in. I'd be going ballistic.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home « CBS Miami

    I'm sorry you got "scammed" but the moment you realized that this house was a scam, you get the F out. I don't care his wife is pregnant or he has a toddler. Mu opinion would be "My house, get the bleep out". Cops would be called, and that door would be kicked in. I'd be going ballistic.
    Aw, come on. The man has two houses and the squatters are poor. Have a heart.
    Here in Germany sometimes the squatters stay put for many, many years.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home « CBS Miami

    I'm sorry you got "scammed" but the moment you realized that this house was a scam, you get the F out. I don't care his wife is pregnant or he has a toddler. Mu opinion would be "My house, get the bleep out". Cops would be called, and that door would be kicked in. I'd be going ballistic.
    Unethical realtor? Naw, say it aint so.

  4. #4
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,256

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home « CBS Miami

    I'm sorry you got "scammed" but the moment you realized that this house was a scam, you get the F out. I don't care his wife is pregnant or he has a toddler. Mu opinion would be "My house, get the bleep out". Cops would be called, and that door would be kicked in. I'd be going ballistic.
    You will find that it is nearly impossible to have police remove someone who has been living in a Florida residence. This guy will likely have to file for eviction and wait it out.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    You will find that it is nearly impossible to have police remove someone who has been living in a Florida residence. This guy will likely have to file for eviction and wait it out.
    True. Even if he lets the house go back to the back, its 90 days.

  6. #6
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Yeah, that man is basically screwed, sad to say. If they have been there for three consecutive days, they can claim residence.

    Even if it's trespassing, lol. Welcome to FL.

    A while back, I chanced to debate a group of libertarians who didn't believe in property rights...that ownership is predicated by use. I imagine they would be all for this.


    Ah, teenagers!
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Yeah, that man is basically screwed, sad to say. If they have been there for three consecutive days, they can claim residence.

    Even if it's trespassing, lol. Welcome to FL.

    A while back, I chanced to debate a group of libertarians who didn't believe in property rights...that ownership is predicated by use. I imagine they would be all for this.


    Ah, teenagers!
    Three days? No, they have to have mail sent to them there. Once they have that, they can prove residence.

  8. #8
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,628

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Well, it does happen. Real estate scamming, that is. Happened to us. We rented a house off of Craigslist about 4 years ago, and we moved to where we are, paid the money, right? Paid the rent every month, and after a few months, a sheriff was knocking on our door. Asked if we were the homeowners. We said, "No, we are renters." He said, "Well, I'm sorry but you have to vacate. The house is in foreclosure. The owner hasn't made a house payment in 18 months."

    We did our homework, and found out that, since we'd signed a year lease, the bank had to honor the lease. But the bank contacted us and asked us if we'd accept a "Cash for Keys" offer if we'd move sooner. So we did - I mean, we had to move anyway, so why not move with an extra $3,000 in our pockets?

    We looked into rentals in the mountains in Tennessee/North Carolina a few weeks ago, and found out from an article in an Asheville, NC newspaper, that 80% of the rentals on Craigslist are scams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  9. #9
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Three days? No, they have to have mail sent to them there. Once they have that, they can prove residence.
    That's for things like the DMV and such...

    I lived in FL for 5 years, 4 of them as a college student...I rented apts all 4 years. Well, one year, one of my roommates had a girlfriend who got kicked out of school, and removed from the dorms. She had nowhere to go, so he let her stay at the apt for a few days. Me and the other room mates were fine with it...but she never left. It had been a week. We decided, she had to go, or start paying rent (plus it was a lease violation). It turned into an argument, but we prevailed, and he and his girlfriend left.

    And came back in two hours with a pair of policemen, who explained that I couldn't kick her out, in spite of the lease. She had been there for three consecutive days, and thus, had a claim to residence, and required 90 days prior to eviction.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Man Finds Family Living In His Miami Home

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    That's for things like the DMV and such...

    I lived in FL for 5 years, 4 of them as a college student...I rented apts all 4 years. Well, one year, one of my roommates had a girlfriend who got kicked out of school, and removed from the dorms. She had nowhere to go, so he let her stay at the apt for a few days. Me and the other room mates were fine with it...but she never left. It had been a week. We decided, she had to go, or start paying rent (plus it was a lease violation). It turned into an argument, but we prevailed, and he and his girlfriend left.

    And came back in two hours with a pair of policemen, who explained that I couldn't kick her out, in spite of the lease. She had been there for three consecutive days, and thus, had a claim to residence, and required 90 days prior to eviction.
    I would bet that college dorm law is somewhat different than a straight up lease agreement. I am going through this right now. The home we are renting is being forclosed on.
    Of course the owner is saying he has it all under control, but I have my doubts. I read all I could about it and found that here if you are getting mail, its your primary residence. You cant be just kicked out.
    Once the back actually forecloses on the home, we have 90 days by law. Unless he gets it squared away.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •