Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 327

Thread: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Bull****. If you're on my property, without my leave, you risk a high velocity chunk of lead penetrating vital organs at my discretion (and aim). You try to steal my property, you have said "My life is forfeit". You pound on my door in the middle of the night, and sound incoherent, don't follow directions? See point one. I'm not risking my life, property or family. This isn't the movies, happy endings aren't assured and there is no replacing a dead loved one because I worried about the other persons motives.

    You do stupid ****, you get removed, forcibly from the gene pool.
    And hopefully if you do most of this stupid stuff, we will stuff your ass into a cell and let you rot!

  2. #302
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    And hopefully if you do most of this stupid stuff, we will stuff your ass into a cell and let you rot!
    Nope. I live in a sane state.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Nope. I live in a sane state.
    I live in Texas also. I am moving to Colorado however, so I will leave the killing to you.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I live in Texas also. I am moving to Colorado however, so I will leave the killing to you.
    Have fun, hope you like your auto insurance rates. Hehehe.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #305
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,879

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    I've a friend from Fort Collins who has always said that Texans understand nothing about Mexican food and that you have to go to Colorado for the real thing. Let us know, Texmex.

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Have fun, hope you like your auto insurance rates. Hehehe.
    I live in Harris County, Texas. I doubt the insurance is more than I pay now.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Already addressed and you are wrong.
    I understand your difficulty understanding the word "fact". But do try to learn so there is no more false claims made by you.
    We are in the legal realm here. A fact is something said to be true.

    Facts in evidence.
    eg: She said she was raped by Tom.
    That is a fact as would be admitted into evidence. It is something said to be true. It does not make it true.
    But it is still a fact.


    Wafer's statement is a fact, and has already been admitted as evidence.
    Bullpucky.
    That Wafer stated that his shotgun spontaneously discharged is a fact. The only fact at this point is that the statement was made and that Wafer made it.
    That the gun actually spontaneously discharged is not a fact in the case until it can be proved to be true.
    What is FACT?


    A thing done; an action performed or an Incident transpiring; an event or circumstance; an actual occurrence. In the earlier days of the law “fact” was used almost exclusively in the sense of “action”or “deed;” but, although this usage survives, in some such phrases as “accessary before the fact,” it lias now acquired the broader meaning given above.A fact is either a state of things, that is, an existence, or a motion, that is, an event.1 Benth. Jud. Ev. 48.In the law of evidence. A circumstance, event or occurrence as it actually takes or took place; a physical object or appearance, as it actually exists or existed. An actual and absolute reality, as distinguished from mere supposition or opinion; a truth, as distinguished from fiction or error.



    Law Dictionary: What is FACT? definition of FACT (Black's Law Dictionary)
    Wafer's statement that the shotgun spontaniously discharged is a supposition or an opinion . NOT A FACT.
    It is a fact that Wafer made a statement. It is not a fact that his statement was true either legally or figuratively.
    You aren't a lawyer and your attempt to protect your lie with legalese is an utter and complete failure.
    You seem to want to see white guys who murder unarmed black kids to go free. You have a substantial history of staunchly defending this type of murderer.
    Now tell us why.
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 07-28-14 at 08:12 PM.

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I've a friend from Fort Collins who has always said that Texans understand nothing about Mexican food and that you have to go to Colorado for the real thing. Let us know, Texmex.
    BLASPHAMY!

    I'll let you know. I hope Mexican food is good in Colorado.

  9. #309
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Bullpucky.
    That Wafer stated that his shotgun spontaneously discharged is a fact. The only fact at this point is that the statement was made and that Wafer made it.
    That the gun actually spontaneously discharged is not a fact in the case until it can be proved to be true.
    What is FACT?

    Wafer's statement that the shotgun spontaniously discharged is a supposition or an opinion . NOT A FACT.
    It is a fact that Wafer made a statement. It is not a fact that his statement was true either legally or figuratively.
    You aren't a lawyer and your attempt to protect your lie with legalese is an utter and complete failure.
    You seem to want to see white guys who murder unarmed black kids to go free. You have a substantial history of staunchly defending this type of murderer.
    Now tell us why.
    Bullpucky is right.
    The above response just shows how wrong you were for assuming the word "fact" was used differently than it was.
    And I seriously doubt you understand what you read in that truncated and unlinked explanation from 1910. Nor do you seem to understand specifically what it is speaking towards.

    Your failure to understand that a "fact" is something said to be true, is your problem.

    The previously provided example of the rape accusation should have sufficed, but because it didn't, try understanding the following.

    Unless trial by Judge, the jury is the trier of fact. Do you not know what that means?
    They are the trier of that which is said to be true.
    Some of those facts have more weight than others.
    And if not countered, they are undisputed facts.
    The jury decides what is true amongst those provided facts.
    They decide what facts they believe and disbelieve.


    Please note that 4 & 5 apply to the legal field by example given and specificity of the definition.

    fact
    [fakt]
    noun
    1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
    2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
    3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
    4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
    5. Law. . Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.
    Fact | Define Fact at Dictionary.com



    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Wafer's statement that the shotgun spontaniously discharged is a supposition or an opinion . NOT A FACT.
    Wrong.
    His statement is evidence which has already been admitted.
    Nor is his statement supposition. He is telling you what actually happened. It's a statement of an actual event. Not supposition.



    So again; "Wafer's statement is a fact, and has already been admitted as evidence."



    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    You aren't a lawyer and your attempt to protect your lie with legalese is an utter and complete failure.
    You know not of what you speak.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    You seem to want to see white guys who murder unarmed black kids to go free. You have a substantial history of staunchly defending this type of murderer.
    Now tell us why.

    Your delusions are yours to explain, not mine.
    Especially as there was no murder here.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #310
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Last Seen
    07-30-14 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    206

    Re: Homeowner Who Shot Dead A Teen Girl On His Porch Faces Murder Charges This Week

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    But the way the 2A is interpreted has changed over time and it's meaning is still hotly debated.

    You actually believe for instance that a background check for private sales and sales at guns shows is a bad idea?
    The only reason BGC on private sales is a bad idea is due to it being impossible to enforce without registration and registration is one of the last things people will agree to.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •