Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 173

Thread: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

  1. #61
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, you're flamebaiting me...lol!
    You wound me.

  2. #62
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,317

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    And I think it's absolutely fantastic you feel that way. If there's one thing the world needs more of, it's optimists. Now, if you should ever meet with aliens, please make sure you're far away and practice the following line: "Why no, there are no others like me. I am the last of my species. Why do you ask?"
    I'm not an optimist. I'm basing my assessment on reality, while you are basing your assessment on nothing. I'm a realist (making assessments based upon actual evidence) and you're just making up fantasy.

    All the evidence is on my side. Making up labels for me is not going to change that. Spew your fantasy all you want, but know that it's counter to all evidence.

    Pretending that your assessment is equal to mine is intellectually dishonest. Concede the debate, join us in reality. Give up the Chicken Little costume, enough scaring ignorant children.

  3. #63
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    If we did meet aliens, what do you think they would call us? My vote goes to "Shell-less Meat Sponge."

  4. #64
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm not an optimist. I'm basing my assessment on reality, while you are basing your assessment on nothing. I'm a realist (making assessments based upon actual evidence) and you're just making up fantasy.

    All the evidence is on my side. Making up labels for me is not going to change that. Spew your fantasy all you want, but know that it's counter to all evidence.

    Pretending that your assessment is equal to mine is intellectually dishonest. Concede the debate, join us in reality. Give up the Chicken Little costume, enough scaring ignorant children.
    Ruh roh, Ecofarm is pissed now -- he's pulling out the "my intellect is greater than yours" card!

  5. #65
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,317

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Ruh roh, Ecofarm is pissed now -- he's pulling out the "my intellect is greater than yours" card!
    BS. Spare us the false accusations. My POSITION is better than yours - because it's based on evidence and not merely fantasy. I provide facts, evidence, logic and reason; you provide nothing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If we did meet aliens, what do you think they would call us? My vote goes to "Shell-less Meat Sponge."
    You're not gonna stop, are you?

    Haha, ok, you win.

    A vastly more advanced civilization will be less socially developed than we are. We're all gonna die!
    Last edited by ecofarm; 07-31-14 at 07:24 PM.

  6. #66
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Cardinal, don't take this the wrong way, but I could care less about your opinion of me, or my opinion.

    When the aliens show up, be sure and let me know. Until then...they don't exist.
    How much less?










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    How much less?
    A lot!

    Good book, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #68
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,970

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    BS. Spare us the false accusations. My POSITION is better than yours - because it's based on evidence and not merely fantasy. I provide facts, evidence, logic and reason; you provide nothing.




    You're not gonna stop, are you?

    Haha, ok, you win.

    A vastly more advanced civilization will be less socially developed than we are. We're all gonna die!
    You know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe they would be more advanced and would recognize us not just as some crude source of nutrition but as a sentient species in our own right. In that case, their name for us wouldn't be "Shell-less Meat Sponge," but something more dignified. Something like "The Prior Inhabitants of Our New Blue Green Planet."

  9. #69
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A lot!

    Good book, too.
    It was an excellent book. I'm glad to hear you like it, bro. Finally it should put the argument of a lot of the uninformed northern sympathizers to rest.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #70
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,317

    Re: Creationist Ken Ham Says Aliens Will Go To Hell So Let's Stop Looking For Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe they would be more advanced and would recognize us not just as some crude source of nutrition but as a sentient species in our own right. In that case, their name for us wouldn't be "Shell-less Meat Sponge," but something more dignified. Something like "The Prior Inhabitants of Our New Blue Green Planet."
    I'm in! Evidence, logic and reason be damned! Order me a Chicken Little suit.

    We all gonna die!!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •