Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 178

Thread: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

  1. #21
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And the Leftists claim that the GOP doesn't do anything! They did something and I think it's great. I think this is what the folks who represent the people are supposed to do.
    While I$$A and company waste more millions with their kangaroo courts .
    Physics is Phun

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And the Leftists claim that the GOP doesn't do anything! They did something and I think it's great. I think this is what the folks who represent the people are supposed to do.
    That is not sufficient. 90% and start selling off the buildings.

    Or reduce everyone's pay by 50%.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Well, the revenues are higher because in simple numbers more people are working than ever before, the payroll tax holiday ended, tax increases on those making more than $250,000 took effect, etc. That doesn't mean that more people aren't cheating on their taxes or avoiding paying entirely - probably more are, with taxes higher.
    The labor participation right is at a 35 year low.

    labor force participation at lowest level since 1978 - Sep. 6, 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i fail to see how gutting the budget of the governments tax collection agency is going to solve the countries money troubles
    The different branches of the government use what power the Constitution gives them to use to exert influence (which what this is) and yes, even punish (which is not what this is). Some branches even exert power and influence that the Constitution does not give them, as the SCOTUS has pointed out thirteen times in 9-0 decisions that Obama has done. This power is not only in the Constitution, but it is a power given SOLELY to the US House of Representatives - Article 1, Section 7, Clause 1 - All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives. The power of the purse resides with the House.

    Given that the IRS, the DOJ and the Obama Administration as a whole are doing everything they can do to hinder the Congressional investigations, the House of Representatives has no option but to exercise the power granted them under the Constitution.

    Hence my comment - Not good to piss off the person with the checkbook.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  5. #25
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's because Obama's black, huh? Is that what's next?
    It looks like derailing your own thread is next with that post. Stay focused--as the USA grows in taxpayers and tax cheats, it makes perfect sense to cut the IRS budget 13% so those agents can join the rest who work for money launderers and tax cheats. Even Romney and Sen. Coburn agree on closing tax loopholes for the uber-rich. Why don't you ?
    Physics is Phun

  6. #26
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The labor participation right is at a 35 year low.

    labor force participation at lowest level since 1978 - Sep. 6, 2013
    Yes, the labor participation rate is at a 35 year low, but the actual number (real number, not percentage) of Americans working is at an all time high, is it not? As a result, in real numbers, more Americans are working and paying taxes.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Yes, the labor participation rate is at a 35 year low, but the actual number (real number, not percentage) of Americans working is at an all time high, is it not? As a result, in real numbers, more Americans are working and paying taxes.
    No, it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And the Leftists claim that the GOP doesn't do anything! They did something and I think it's great. I think this is what the folks who represent the people are supposed to do.
    Yes because THAT'S going to stop corruption. By gutting an organization that will just lay off the little people and not the cause of the corruption.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    The different branches of the government use what power the Constitution gives them to use to exert influence (which what this is) and yes, even punish (which is not what this is). Some branches even exert power and influence that the Constitution does not give them, as the SCOTUS has pointed out thirteen times in 9-0 decisions that Obama has done. This power is not only in the Constitution, but it is a power given SOLELY to the US House of Representatives - Article 1, Section 7, Clause 1 - All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives. The power of the purse resides with the House.

    Given that the IRS, the DOJ and the Obama Administration as a whole are doing everything they can do to hinder the Congressional investigations, the House of Representatives has no option but to exercise the power granted them under the Constitution.

    Hence my comment - Not good to piss off the person with the checkbook.
    Which makes the whole seperation of powers thing purdy damn awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: House GOP votes to gut IRS budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Which makes the whole seperation of powers thing purdy damn awesome.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •