Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 480

Thread: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill..[W:324]

  1. #11
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Not that I approve of ANY death threats, but do you think this is a serious threat to the president's life or tongue-in-cheek?

    Also, you should know that Obama is surrounded by armed secret service agents at ALL times. I'm sure he doesn't have to worry about ONE whacked out woman.

    I would also like to know what is the point of this thread? Are you trying to make this entire group look bad because of ONE ignorant woman's comments?
    Of course he's surrounded by an armed guard. So was Kennedy, Ford, Reagan....all of whom had attempts on their lives while in office. If you believe the "official" story, Kennedy was killed by ONE whacked out man. (I'm not saying anything about it being a big conspiracy, but that is the official story).

    The point was simply to comment on the fact that some people, even (gasp) on the right, are stupid.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #12
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Seriously? That's sick. And this makes you better than her how?
    It doesn't, simply. Won't change my mind over it though, I'm tired of people doing what they think is right even though it can be terribly wrong. At this point bag em and tag em for all I care.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why is this group terrible? You think this woman is going to make an announcement ONLINE that she is truly looking for an assassin to kill the president or do you think it was tongue-in-cheek tasteless comment?
    Yet again, I don't think there is a threat against the president from her. However, her wishing the president to be assasinated is not tongue in cheek.

  4. #14
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,183

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Yea, watch your mouth about the King. His thugs will come a lookin' for ya.
    It's actually pretty common to get a visit from the Secret Service if you threaten the life of the President. It's not like that's new or anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #15
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Here's the problem - you've got a person (Perkins) with a very strong opinion normally, who then tweets out something stupid - as inevitably occurs since twitter is crack for stupid people - then deletes her account. WTF? If you want to go on record saying you'd not mind if Obama was assassinated then stand by your words. Don't be a wuss and delete your account after it was sent to the FBI/SS. Of course they're going to take something like that seriously as they should. That's the problem - people don't really have convictions they have "sound bites" which are then passed off as "a joke" or "satire". It's BS.

    If she wanted to go on record at least have a spine and stand by it - apparently she doesn't have one, has outed herself as just another moron by deleting her account (like that does anything now... - ) and running away from her words. Stupidity defined at multiple levels.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course he's surrounded by an armed guard. So was Kennedy, Ford, Reagan....all of whom had attempts on their lives while in office. If you believe the "official" story, Kennedy was killed by ONE whacked out man. (I'm not saying anything about it being a big conspiracy, but that is the official story).

    The point was simply to comment on the fact that some people, even (gasp) on the right, are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet again, I don't think there is a threat against the president from her. However, her wishing the president to be assasinated is not tongue in cheek.
    I'm highly doubtful that her comment was a serious threat against the president's life. I think it certainly WAS tongue-in-cheek because she is frustrated, not that it makes what she said okay, and she probably DOES deserve a visit from Secret Service and perhaps to even be fined because I do not think it is appropriate to threaten the life of the president even if not a serious threat.

    I just wonder why some people want to post ONE person's silly comments (which they more than likely made out of anger), and have to try and denigrate an entire group of people based on the comment, yet they complain bitterly when the same is done to them.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Here's the problem - you've got a person (Perkins) with a very strong opinion normally, who then tweets out something stupid - as inevitably occurs since twitter is crack for stupid people - then deletes her account. WTF? If you want to go on record saying you'd not mind if Obama was assassinated then stand by your words. Don't be a wuss and delete your account after it was sent to the FBI/SS. Of course they're going to take something like that seriously as they should. That's the problem - people don't really have convictions they have "sound bites" which are then passed off as "a joke" or "satire". It's BS.

    If she wanted to go on record at least have a spine and stand by it - apparently she doesn't have one, has outed herself as just another moron by deleting her account (like that does anything now... - ) and running away from her words. Stupidity defined at multiple levels.
    I agree that SHE is a moron. What I don't agree with is trying to attribute HER comment to the entire group or organization. That was not an official statement supported by this organization as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter if she is the founder either. Just as when that Spurling guy made racial comments, it does not reflect upon the ENTIRE NBA as an organization.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    You know..... There are lots of Terrible groups with political ideologies lining up with both Conservative and Liberal ideals. Just because they happen to support a particular position, while also being bat**** crazy, doesn't take away from the position that they support.


    This thread is an example of trying to attribute all gun supporters with a bat**** crazy biatch. For those who have two brain cells to rub together, this attempt failed.


    /thread.

  9. #19
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I agree that SHE is a moron. What I don't agree with is trying to attribute HER comment to the entire group or organization. That was not an official statement supported by this organization as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter if she is the founder either. Just as when that Spurling guy made racial comments, it does not reflect upon the ENTIRE NBA as an organization.
    It's the splatter effect - since she was the founder and she uses that title or at least her past association freely, her views backfire on an entire group. I agree it's not right, but that's how it is except in very exceptional circumstances.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Founder Of ‘Moms With Guns’ Asks For Someone To Kill Obama (IMAGE)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    It doesn't, simply. Won't change my mind over it though, I'm tired of people doing what they think is right even though it can be terribly wrong. At this point bag em and tag em for all I care.
    Then all of the things you say about her and other nuts like her apply to you as well because you have just TOLD us that you are no different in your way of thinking than she is. Nice!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •