Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol uni

  1. #31
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Accept for the Quotes. If the Quote limit was reach you were sent back.
    Quotas came relatively late in the "immigration era." They were well after the great waves which define our experience.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,904

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    We should be admitting the undocumenteds and deporting the Republicans, conservatives and other racists who are going into hysteria over a few women and children.
    You aren't very good with numbers.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,651

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The "american exceptionalism" principle demands we say everything we did was perfect. All those immigrants made America "The Greatest Country on Earth." Why should we mess with success?
    The only reason they were allowed in is because they had to show they brought a skill or a trade with them or they weren't allowed in.

  4. #34
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    The only reason they were allowed in is because they had to show they brought a skill or a trade with them or they weren't allowed in.
    Like being able to use a pick and shovel?
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    That is incorrect...every person placed on an airflight by HHS have been screened, processed, and OKed by HHS. They have documentation. HHS's
    Sources?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #36
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I'm back -- because I know you're wrong. During the great immigration of the late 19th and early 20th century, our immigration requirement were minimal, at most.
    Sources?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,651

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Like being able to use a pick and shovel?
    no they actually had to have a real job skill.
    Requirements for Immigrants at Ellis Island

    If they were deemed likely to end up needing to receive welfare or otherwise seemed unable to provide for themselves, they would be refused admission. Finally, if they were assessed as likely to become an illegal contract laborer, they would be refused entry.
    Last edited by ludin; 07-12-14 at 08:51 AM.

  8. #38
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Sources?
    Start with this: Immigration law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  9. #39
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no they actually had to have a real job skill.
    Requirements for Immigrants at Ellis Island

    If they were deemed likely to end up needing to receive welfare or otherwise seemed unable to provide for themselves, they would be refused admission. Finally, if they were assessed as likely to become an illegal contract laborer, they would be refused entry.
    This is from the linked document:

    Even before the 1920s, when the United States determined which immigrants could legally enter and live in this country by implementing a quota system, there was a preferential treatment given to more affluent immigrants. While passengers whose ticket was for "steerage" or third-class travel had to face a series of entrance requirements that lasted between two and five hours, no such admission tests were given to first- or second-class passengers. Unless these passengers showed evidence of a contagious disease, they were given quick entry to New York City.
    At most, the candidate for entry faced five hours of requirements. Some faced almost nothing. That was my point. The burden on immigrants of a hundred years ago were far less stringent than those placed on candidates today. Those of us who are here now because of the early immigration can't claim moral superiority. We were just luckier.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,651

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    This is from the linked document:



    At most, the candidate for entry faced five hours of requirements. Some faced almost nothing. That was my point. The burden on immigrants of a hundred years ago were far less stringent than those placed on candidates today. Those of us who are here now because of the early immigration can't claim moral superiority. We were just luckier.
    wow way not to read the article. but what i expect from liberals anymore.

    no it isn't. they had money and resources they were not going to live on the government.

    these people have none of that. these people wouldn't have even been able to get a ticket in the steerage department. if they had been lucky enough then they would have had to pass rigorous testing as i showed you above.

    The fact that TSA is violating it's own rules is disconcerning.

    you are not even allowed to get a ticket without some form of identification let alone make it through the security check point without photo id or a passport.
    Last edited by ludin; 07-12-14 at 09:03 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •