Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83

Thread: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol uni

  1. #11
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I'm back -- because I know you're wrong. During the great immigration of the late 19th and early 20th century, our immigration requirement were minimal, at most.
    Didn't they track them with GPS's at that time? *Massive eye roll*
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I'm back -- because I know you're wrong. During the great immigration of the late 19th and early 20th century, our immigration requirement were minimal, at most.
    No they weren't.

    In fact the immigration requirements were very strict, hundreds of thousands of legal immigrants were put back on the boat and returned to Europe. A pimple on the face was enough to be sent packing across the Atlantic. Immigrants had to know some English or they were sent packing. Immigrants were required to be able to read and write in their native language. The Immigration Service then began administering literacy tests.

    INS - US Immigration and INS - History and Service Overview

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The US is a country of immigrants. The vast, vast majority of us are descended from waves of immigrants who did little more than show-up -- just like the latest wave.
    As usual a pro-illegal person completely ignores the reality. Yes this is a nation of immigrants. LEGAL immigrants. We're not talking about legal immigrants. We're talking about illegal aliens. There is a difference. Most people have no problem with legal immigration. We do have a problem with illegal immigration.

    Besides, just because something was considered good and accepted in the past doesn't mean that it should continue to be so for all time. Tradition is a very poor reasoning to continue to do something.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    I wouldn't care if they were flying them HOME.

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: TSA Allowing Illegals to Fly Without Verifiable ID, Says Border Patrol Union



    Can anyone else verify this? While you kid is getting his nuts checked out and grannie is getting a cavity search, these ****ers are getting onboard without IDs.

  5. #15
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,033

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I'm back -- because I know you're wrong. During the great immigration of the late 19th and early 20th century, our immigration requirement were minimal, at most.
    and the reason for the great immigration was to assist in the ...... settlement of the west.

    Now, do you believe the US is underpopulated?

    Facinating how people take history facts out of context to try and support illegal actions today.

    So you are all for ignoring immigration laws. Got it.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Didn't they track them with GPS's at that time? *Massive eye roll*
    No GPS and virtually nothing else. In the The Godfather: Part II, Vito Corleone is admitted with only a medical check-up. He was quarantined but no one ever asked him if he was involved in any gang activity and no one became upset because he came from Sicily, a place where gangs were known to be active. I know it's only a movie but it's consistent with what I know to be the procedures in place.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  7. #17
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Then I'd say the democrats should be cast aside as well. They are certainly not superior to anyone else. As for the immigration issue, I'm not aware that there was a huge problem with illegal immigration back when my ancestors came over on boats. Yours? Were they illegals? Perhaps you should return to your family's country of origin and try it legally this time.
    Certainly it's not your belief that the process for immigration is the same today as it was in the 1700, 1800, heck even early 1900s?


    My ancestors came here and got in no problems because Lincoln needed people to kill southerners for him.

    What's your story?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  8. #18
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Certainly it's not your belief that the process for immigration is the same today as it was in the 1700, 1800, heck even early 1900s?


    My ancestors came here and got in no problems because Lincoln needed people to kill southerners for him.

    What's your story?
    My original story is that my maternal gm's ancestors came over in 1748, and the men fought in the revolutionary war. They came in legally, and were documented as soon as they arrived.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Certainly it's not your belief that the process for immigration is the same today as it was in the 1700, 1800, heck even early 1900s?


    My ancestors came here and got in no problems because Lincoln needed people to kill southerners for him.

    What's your story?
    In case you are unaware and it's seems you know little about American history and the history of American immigration, during the Civil War it was the states who regulated immigration not the federal government.

    It wasn't until 1875 when immigration became a federal matter.

    During the 1850's white Australians were barred from landing in California. Why ? Because most crime being committed in San Francisco was being committed by Aussies. But they could enter the United States in Oregon or on the east coast.

    Basically each state had it's own immigration laws until 1875.

  10. #20
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Exclusive: Tsa allowing illegals to fly without verifiable id, says border patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    My original story is that my maternal gm's ancestors came over in 1748, and the men fought in the revolutionary war. They came in legally, and were documented as soon as they arrived.
    Doesn't work that way, anymore. Back then, if you could get here, and didn't have any diseases, and were able bodied, they gave you a new identity and you were a US citizen.

    Post 16th amendment made immigration a bit more complicated, and post New deal made immigration properly (legally) much more of a big deal than it was prior.

    Never mind that we don't need soldiers, or bodies to settle new frontiers. Not till space becomes viable, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •