Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 246

Thread: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    [QUOTE=Glen Contrarian;1063516029]Oh my goodness! He played POOL!!!! QUOTE]

    It wasn't him playing pool but how he was holding the cue.

    Had to be a photo op.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    But Bush didn't bow to a monarch. Not even an American civilian is required to bow to any King or Queen. Something to do with the American Revolution.

    I believe every monarch in the world in the past 230 plus years are aware that American citizens are exempt from bowing at the waist.
    Proper protocol for an American to recognized a monarch is the lowering of the head or a nod of the head.

    I believe back when women were held in high esteem and respected, there was no problem bowing even at the waist to a woman. I have no problem with that but I'm not a lefty pussy and I protect women.
    Really, AR? Do you really understand so little about diplomacy (concerning the Saudi king)? And when it comes to the Japanese emperor, bowing in Japan is not by any means a gesture of fealty, but of courtesy and politeness and is done - and often expected - between two people regardless of station or peerage.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #173
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    [QUOTE=APACHERAT;1063516134]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Oh my goodness! He played POOL!!!! QUOTE]

    It wasn't him playing pool but how he was holding the cue.

    Had to be a photo op.
    So he picks his photo-ops. So does every smart politician, I don't see you getting outraged about when a Repub does it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Are you kidding? I didn't have a problem with Bush 43 playing golf while the troops were in Iraq. .
    Of course you didn't have a problem because G.W. Bush gave up playing golf while American troops were still in Iraq.

    You're getting old Glen, short time memory loss.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    [QUOTE=rocket88;1063516151]
    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post

    So he picks his photo-ops. So does every smart politician, I don't see you getting outraged about when a Repub does it.
    Obama doesn't pick what the photo ops will be, Valerie Jarrett does that.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    But Bush didn't bow to a monarch. Not even an American civilian is required to bow to any King or Queen. Something to do with the American Revolution.

    I believe every monarch in the world in the past 230 plus years are aware that American citizens are exempt from bowing at the waist.
    Proper protocol for an American to recognized a monarch is the lowering of the head or a nod of the head.

    I believe back when women were held in high esteem and respected, there was no problem bowing even at the waist to a woman. I have no problem with that but I'm not a lefty pussy and I protect women.
    And one more thing, AR - Bush, Nixon, and Eisenhower all bowed, too. And I can just imagine what you and the rest of the Right would have said if Obama had kissed the Saudi king....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  7. #177
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post

    Obama doesn't pick what the photo ops will be, Valerie Jarrett does that.
    As well as his clothes in the morning and rubs the schmutz off his face with her finger before she reminds him to brush his teeth and hair before his bowl of fruit loops for breakfast.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Really, AR? Do you really understand so little about diplomacy (concerning the Saudi king)? And when it comes to the Japanese emperor, bowing in Japan is not by any means a gesture of fealty, but of courtesy and politeness and is done - and often expected - between two people regardless of station or peerage.
    Re: Japan, I think it was cool when President G.H. Bush vomited on the PM of Japan. Two thumbs up.

  9. #179
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,991

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    These pictures are pretty useless sans any actual context of what was actually happening or being said in the meeting at that given time

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Obama: No interest in border 'photo op'

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    And one more thing, AR - Bush, Nixon, and Eisenhower all bowed, too. And I can just imagine what you and the rest of the Right would have said if Obama had kissed the Saudi king....
    Look at the Esienhower photo again, that's not bowing at the waist.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •