Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 353

Thread: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

  1. #81
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Did i say you posted a chain email? That what was not of substance in the post I posted. Look at the data.
    There is a problem here, I posted data from sources that your post didn't address. I talked facts, you talked about refuting chain letters. Nice try.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #82
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Did i say you posted a chain email? That what was not of substance in the post I posted. Look at the data.
    On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “@This Hour,” Border Patrol agent Hector Garza said the federal government is “aiding and abetting and facilitating” illegal immigrants in crossing the border, and that many of the new illegals are “going to depend on our welfare system.”
    Garza argued that many of illegal immigrants will not be sent back and burden the welfare system because “these illegal aliens are being released into our country,” and most “are never going to report back to an immigration hearing.”
    Border Patrol Agent: New Illegals Will Depend on Welfare

    However, while illegal immigrants cannot access certain federal benefits, they are eligible — and in fact entitled to — services provided and paid for by state and local governments. Those governments bear the bulk of the costs for illegal immigration.
    Consider California, home to an estimated 2.8 million illegal immigrants, more than any other state. California has one-third of the nation’s welfare population, among its highest unemployment and tax rates, and chronic budget deficits (despite this year’s reprieve based on a retroactive tax increase).
    Many of those in the United States work illegally, but many are also on public assistance. Immigrants unlawfully are eligible for emergency-room services, pregnancy-related services, public health and other programs. U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants are eligible for welfare, medical services, food stamps and other programs. States also are responsible for providing education and law-enforcement services to illegal immigrants.


    Read more: BENGS: Immigration reform and the welfare state - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    YOU sir are being disingenuous and frankly lying.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #83
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    What kind of worthless, uncaring parents would send their small children off into the world without someone watching out for them? Disgusting and unbelievable child neglect.

    American parents are concerned if their children are outside alone. Not these South of the border 3rd world types. We do not want these sort of people in the United States.
    Last edited by Ray410; 07-07-14 at 05:41 PM.

  4. #84
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Of course you can. You can sanction someone because you don't like the color of their shoes.
    A country cannot. If a country sanctioned whole countries because of free moving citizens....


  5. #85
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    There is a problem here, I posted data from sources that your post didn't address. I talked facts, you talked about refuting chain letters. Nice try.
    Again. I thought you would understand that the details are not the chain email part of what I quoted but the data and the number themselves. Let me help you out real quick.
    "About 46.4 million people receive food stamps, so 43 percent of that number would be just under 20 million. That significantly exceeds estimates for how many illegal immigrants are in the country. The Pew Hispanic Center put the number at 11.2 million in 2010.

    On top of that, most social welfare programs bar illegal immigrants from receiving benefits and require proof of immigration status. That includes food stamps, as well as cash welfare assistance, Medicaid, and even the new health care law.

    It's true that some children of illegal immigrants qualify for benefits if they were born in the United States and are citizens. (Critics derisively call them "anchor babies.") But there aren't nearly enough of those types of children -- an estimated 4 million -


  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,357

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    A country cannot. If a country sanctioned whole countries because of free moving citizens....
    Aside from defining border invaders as free moving citizens, I really need a link as to the limitations of placing sanctions.

    Did you not finish your thought because you ran out of ideas?

  7. #87
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Your in favor of separating families?
    Obviously the illegals are in favor of seperating families. No one here seperated them.

  8. #88
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Aside from defining border invaders as free moving citizens, I really need a link as to the limitations of placing sanctions.

    Did you not finish your thought because you ran out of ideas?
    How can you sanction a country when the freedom of movment is a fundamental human right recognized by both the US and Mexico?


  9. #89
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Again. I thought you would understand that the details are not the chain email part of what I quoted but the data and the number themselves. Let me help you out real quick.
    "About 46.4 million people receive food stamps, so 43 percent of that number would be just under 20 million. That significantly exceeds estimates for how many illegal immigrants are in the country. The Pew Hispanic Center put the number at 11.2 million in 2010.

    On top of that, most social welfare programs bar illegal immigrants from receiving benefits and require proof of immigration status. That includes food stamps, as well as cash welfare assistance, Medicaid, and even the new health care law.

    It's true that some children of illegal immigrants qualify for benefits if they were born in the United States and are citizens. (Critics derisively call them "anchor babies.") But there aren't nearly enough of those types of children -- an estimated 4 million -
    State prgrams dont. And many of them are backed with fedrral funding. Thus on any measure, you are wrong. Have a nice day.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #90
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    State prgrams dont. And many of them are backed with fedrral funding. Thus on any measure, you are wrong. Have a nice day.


Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •