Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 353

Thread: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

  1. #71
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    That would violate their countries national sovereignty.
    When the **** did you start giving a rats ass about national sovereignty?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #72
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    When the **** did you start giving a rats ass about national sovereignty?
    Is it hypocritical to claim that illegal immigrants threaten our sovereignty and the violate the sovereignty of another country by building something on their land without their permission?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Is it hypocritical to claim that illegal immigrants threaten our sovereignty and the violate the sovereignty of another country by building something on their land without their permission?
    I don't think he's suggesting that. He seems to be suggesting building things on AMERICAN soil outside those countries consulates here in the US

  4. #74
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't think he's suggesting that. He seems to be suggesting building things on AMERICAN soil outside those countries consulates here in the US
    Yep. I am indeed. However, suddenly the argument for UWS13 is falling apart so it's getting a little out there.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #75
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    They do receive welfare, and food stamps.


    Judicial Watch Uncovers USDA Records Sponsoring U.S. Food Stamp Program for Illegal Aliens | Judicial Watch

    So, there we go. I'm sure you'll find someway to say this is a good thing.
    "Another theme we've seen: that illegal immigrants are freeloaders taking advantage of federal welfare programs.

    Those types of charges are often repeated in anonymous chain e-mails, on blogs and Facebook.

    "More than 43 percent of all food stamps are given to illegals," said a typical claim, this one from a Facebook post promoting "10 Illegal Alien Facts."

    When PolitiFact researched the numbers, though, we found the claim ridiculously false and rated it Pants on Fire. About 46.4 million people receive food stamps, so 43 percent of that number would be just under 20 million. That significantly exceeds estimates for how many illegal immigrants are in the country. The Pew Hispanic Center put the number at 11.2 million in 2010.

    On top of that, most social welfare programs bar illegal immigrants from receiving benefits and require proof of immigration status. That includes food stamps, as well as cash welfare assistance, Medicaid, and even the new health care law.

    It's true that some children of illegal immigrants qualify for benefits if they were born in the United States and are citizens. (Critics derisively call them "anchor babies.") But there aren't nearly enough of those types of children -- an estimated 4 million -- to account for 43 percent of food stamp recipients." http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...g-immigration/


  6. #76
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "Another theme we've seen: that illegal immigrants are freeloaders taking advantage of federal welfare programs.

    Those types of charges are often repeated in anonymous chain e-mails, on blogs and Facebook.

    "More than 43 percent of all food stamps are given to illegals," said a typical claim, this one from a Facebook post promoting "10 Illegal Alien Facts."

    When PolitiFact researched the numbers, though, we found the claim ridiculously false and rated it Pants on Fire. About 46.4 million people receive food stamps, so 43 percent of that number would be just under 20 million. That significantly exceeds estimates for how many illegal immigrants are in the country. The Pew Hispanic Center put the number at 11.2 million in 2010.

    On top of that, most social welfare programs bar illegal immigrants from receiving benefits and require proof of immigration status. That includes food stamps, as well as cash welfare assistance, Medicaid, and even the new health care law.

    It's true that some children of illegal immigrants qualify for benefits if they were born in the United States and are citizens. (Critics derisively call them "anchor babies.") But there aren't nearly enough of those types of children -- an estimated 4 million -- to account for 43 percent of food stamp recipients." Fact-checking immigration | PolitiFact
    The "illegals" I remember when I grew up next to the border sweated all day walking around town with a landmower to make 5 bucks a lawn if they where lucky. Then turned around and paid that right into taxed goods and back into our economy. What i dont agree with is corporations and business trucking Mexicans over just to work and then dropping them back off in mexico just to reduce the cost of pay out. What I do approve of and appreciate is any Mexican that wants to join us being allowed to.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    The "illegals" I remember when I grew up next to the border sweated all day walking around town with a landmower to make 5 bucks a lawn if they where lucky. Then turned around and paid that right into taxed goods and back into our economy. What i dont agree with is corporations and business trucking Mexicans over just to work and then dropping them back off in mexico just to reduce the cost of pay out. What I do approve of and appreciate is any Mexican that wants to join us being allowed to.
    Are these Mexicans willing to work and have a job secured to cover their food and lodging and care of dependants? To pay 10-38% of their income in taxes? Plus another 7-15% in payroll tax. To pay state an local taxes? To follow all the laws under the constitution? To not enter the country until they have been approved? To integrate into our culture?

    Thats a standard even US citizens cant manage. If Mexicans can, then come on in! Its not just about them wanting to come here, but not being a burden.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    "Another theme we've seen: that illegal immigrants are freeloaders taking advantage of federal welfare programs.

    Those types of charges are often repeated in anonymous chain e-mails, on blogs and Facebook.

    "More than 43 percent of all food stamps are given to illegals," said a typical claim, this one from a Facebook post promoting "10 Illegal Alien Facts."

    When PolitiFact researched the numbers, though, we found the claim ridiculously false and rated it Pants on Fire. About 46.4 million people receive food stamps, so 43 percent of that number would be just under 20 million. That significantly exceeds estimates for how many illegal immigrants are in the country. The Pew Hispanic Center put the number at 11.2 million in 2010.

    On top of that, most social welfare programs bar illegal immigrants from receiving benefits and require proof of immigration status. That includes food stamps, as well as cash welfare assistance, Medicaid, and even the new health care law.

    It's true that some children of illegal immigrants qualify for benefits if they were born in the United States and are citizens. (Critics derisively call them "anchor babies.") But there aren't nearly enough of those types of children -- an estimated 4 million -- to account for 43 percent of food stamp recipients." Fact-checking immigration | PolitiFact
    Massive wall of text fail. Did I quote some silly chain email? Nope, I quoted news article and a FOIA request.

    You posted a bunch of frivolous bull****
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #79
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Massive wall of text fail. Did I quote some silly chain email? Nope, I quoted news article and a FOIA request.

    You posted a bunch of frivolous bull****
    Did i say you posted a chain email? That what was not of substance in the post I posted. Look at the data.


  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,355

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You cant sanction someone for citizens committing a crime. Its like someone sanctioning us because we have a lot of drug use.
    Of course you can. You can sanction someone because you don't like the color of their shoes.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •