Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 353

Thread: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    They obviously arent alike hence the sarcasm. SImply trying to inject some tolerance and mercy.
    Then why bring it up in the first place? Exactly how was your sarcasm trying to inject tolerance or mercy?

    Tolerance and Mercy sound great as buzzwords, but are pretty empty beyond that. Can you give us a list of other illegal activities that you feel we need to be tolerant of, which seemingly based on your definition "tolerance" means "don't punish, and actually abet". Perhaps the government needs to show tolerance to shoplifters and begin to find methods to assit them as well. Mercy, as well, has limits on how much any individual can have. Do you spend every moment of your life attempting to help those in a worse situation? I'm guessing not, because you understand there's a balancing act there and priorities have to be made. Suggesting we need to show "mercy" to every illegal individual flooding through here, and said "mercy" is apparently helping them actively break the law in a more efficient and easy manner is ridiculous.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Your in favor of separating families?
    You are in favor of theft?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #53
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You are in favor of theft?
    What are they stealing?


  4. #54
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    What are they stealing?
    Every service they consume, every dollar they make, while they are here illegally.

  5. #55
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    We used a swat team to do it to a small Cuban boy once and I seem to recall the left was in complete favor of it. The cost? We should sue the child's nation and recover the cost. They can take it out on the criminals who sent their children away for abounding them.



    And BTW if one of those children bears a communicable disease leading to a single death in America it should be a high crime for the dictator to be deposed.
    Good luck suing Mexico.

    Because that will definitely aid the massive amounts of inter-trade and communication we have with them...

    Brilliant dear sir, ****ing brilliant. While we're at it let's sue the whole world because chances are there was a singular illegal immigrant from Britain, one singular illegal immigrant from Japan, China, and chances are someone got a flu from some of them and died.

    SUE THE WORLD1111!!!!1111!!!!
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  6. #56
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Your in favor of separating families?
    They did this to themselves. If their families are being separated, that is all on them.

  7. #57
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They did this to themselves. If their families are being separated, that is all on them.
    I agree. I am not for separating families at all but if they decide to send their children here or leave their children and then try and send for them later, that's their own fault. It's one thing when the parent is illegal and they have a baby who is legal, that's one of the tricky situations we need to fix, but this situation is one where they purposely separated themselves and as you said is all on them.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #58
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,728
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    They did this to themselves. If their families are being separated, that is all on them.
    The "separating families" meme is just a variation of the "poor starving children" meme that has always served them well. In these people's minds logic and reason take a back seat to emotion. Take away the race card and the poor starving children card and they've pretty much got nothing.

  9. #59
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,028

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Then why bring it up in the first place? Exactly how was your sarcasm trying to inject tolerance or mercy?

    Tolerance and Mercy sound great as buzzwords, but are pretty empty beyond that. Can you give us a list of other illegal activities that you feel we need to be tolerant of, which seemingly based on your definition "tolerance" means "don't punish, and actually abet". Perhaps the government needs to show tolerance to shoplifters and begin to find methods to assit them as well. Mercy, as well, has limits on how much any individual can have. Do you spend every moment of your life attempting to help those in a worse situation? I'm guessing not, because you understand there's a balancing act there and priorities have to be made. Suggesting we need to show "mercy" to every illegal individual flooding through here, and said "mercy" is apparently helping them actively break the law in a more efficient and easy manner is ridiculous.
    They are only illegal cuz you and some words say they are. They just want a better life. They arent taking anything from you. The best man earns the spot. Its the american way. Maybe the NWO should hurry up and take over so we can get rid of people caring so much about pretend lines on the ground. I just dont get how anyone can turn away kids who are desperate enough to try to flee their own country on foot..... I dont care how justified you think it is.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    They are only illegal cuz you and some words say they are.
    Yes, that's how the law works.

    Someone killing you would only be illegaly because some words say they are.

    Someone taking something from you would only be illegal because some words say they are.

    Someone anal sodomizing you would only be illegal because some words say they are.

    Someone ruining your reputation through false claims would only be illegal because some words say they are.

    That's what laws are, they're words. What's your point?

    They just want a better life.
    So? A desire for a better life does not provide justification for violations of the law.

    They arent taking anything from you.
    Well first, this isn't correct because I pay taxes.

    Second, someone who steals from you isn't taking anything from me...but I still have a vested interest in that person's actions being illegal because it has an overall effect on society.

    Every job someone like this gets is them taking something from someone else. Every one of them in a school is taking something from someone else. Every service they get from a government entityt is them taking something from someone else. Indeed, the gas and expense of transporting them in this story is taking something from someone else.

    The best man earns the spot. Its the american way.
    I don't know where you got the idea that cliches and anecdotes are debate, but they're not. Saying catch phrases isn't an argument. First, "best man" is a subjective notion to begin with. Second, no, the best man doesn't always earn the spot. This is evident in multiple ways through out society...from disqualifications (or acceptance) based on race as opposed to resume, to individuals gaining jobs or spots due to who they know rather than what they do or how much they've "earned" it, to individuals in prison who can't "earn" a spot someone whose worse than them at the job gets.

    You're allowed to be a bleeding heart. Just don't expect anyone to agree that said bleeding heart is the basis for how national policy should be decided.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •