Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 353

Thread: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Then the house has the perfect opertunity to pass s.744 which passed the senate in 2013 and is currently stuck in the house?
    Largely because it has more provisions added to it that don't address the immediate problems. Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  2. #342
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Largely because it has more provisions added to it that don't address the immediate problems. Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Why not? It is a step in the right direction.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #343
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nice try, but no cigar. That law was intended to address the huge problem of human trafficking. It was never meant to cover the current situation. You know it, or should and Obama definitely does.
    Doesn't matter what it was intended to address, what matters is how it's written.

    So in the meantime, we are to do what, assuming this law isn't followed? Can't legally deport them all or logistically. Do you want to wait around for Congress to pass something? In an election year ? Because I'm sure John Boehner's looking for an opportunity to look "soft on immigration" between now and November...

    There is no law meant to address this situation because there hasn't been a situation to address. Basically the choices are take an existing law and apply it to this situation, or wait for Congress to pass a law. Only one of those is likely to happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #344
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, but nice try. You really want this to be about trafficking so your argument won't fall so flat. Can't have everything. Context is the key. In a bill meant to address human trafficking unaccompanied alien minors are mentioned in that context.
    So President clownboy's solution is to wait for a law to be passed that deals specifically with this situation. Great Idea! Congress has gotten so much done....I mean I can't tell you how many bills passed the House and Senate that are waiting for Obama's signature.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #345
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, but nice try. You really want this to be about trafficking so your argument won't fall so flat.
    It *is* about trafficking. It's right there in the title of the bill (ie Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #346
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Your in favor of separating families?
    The greatest straw man argument ever written on the internet.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Why not? It is a step in the right direction.
    Apparently not.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Apparently not.
    Why not? Does the bill not include a gigantic border wall?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Why not? Does the bill not include a gigantic border wall?
    Have you read the Bill and the reasons many have against it? I'm sure the government can do better than 'a step in the right direction' if they concentrated on the direct problem at hand.

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    These are not "immigrants" they are illegal aliens.

    To be an immigrant one must have been given permission to migrate by being issued an immigration visa by the State Department and be in possession of a green card issued by the Justice Department.
    Immigrant - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •