Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 353

Thread: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

  1. #331
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, most don't agree with that. Most don't even understand what the law is
    Which you further help along by ignoring the intent of the legislation.

  2. #332
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Which you further help along by ignoring the intent of the legislation.
    The intent included prohibiting the govt from immediately deporting unaccompanied alien minors.

    You are ignoring the intent of the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #333
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You should read that again. The first words of the title are "Victims of Trafficking", not "Victims of Sex Trafficking"

    Unaccompanied alien minors are victims of trafficking

    Your semantic tactics are lame. And no, they are not victims of trafficking.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Which you further help along by ignoring the intent of the legislation.
    Here is a possible solution.

    It passed the senate in 2013

    It is currently stuck in the house.

    It is called s.744

    Here it ishttp://www.schumer.senate.gov/forms/immigration.pdf
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #335
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Your semantic tactics are lame. And no, they are not victims of trafficking.
    Unaccompanied alien minors are victims of trafficking.

    Trafficking in Persons Report 2012: Definitions and Methodology

    People may be considered trafficking victims regardless of whether they were born into a state of servitude, were transported to the exploitative situation, previously consented to work for a trafficker, or participated in a crime as a direct result of being trafficked.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #336
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The intent included prohibiting the govt from immediately deporting unaccompanied alien minors.

    You are ignoring the intent of the law.
    No. Repetition is not repairing your broken argument. Funny how you go semantic when I say the intent is to deal with victims of sex trafficking, even though I said that once and every other time has been human trafficking, but when that tactic doesn't work for you now it's about the deportation of unaccompanied minors.

    This is not the Unaccompanied Alien Minors bill.

  7. #337
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Unaccompanied alien minors are victims of trafficking.

    Trafficking in Persons Report 2012: Definitions and Methodology
    Neither the quoted text nor your bolded portion describes this situation or these aliens. This is not a case of human trafficking.

  8. #338
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No. Repetition is not repairing your broken argument. Funny how you go semantic when I say the intent is to deal with victims of sex trafficking, even though I said that once and every other time has been human trafficking, but when that tactic doesn't work for you now it's about the deportation of unaccompanied minors.

    This is not the Unaccompanied Alien Minors bill.
    It's the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000. Unaccompanied alien minors are victims of trafficking.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #339
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Neither the quoted text nor your bolded portion describes this situation or these aliens. This is not a case of human trafficking.
    The quoted text describes victims of human trafficking and unaccompanied alien minors are included.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #340
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The quoted text describes victims of human trafficking and unaccompanied alien minors are included.
    No, but nice try. You really want this to be about trafficking so your argument won't fall so flat. Can't have everything. Context is the key. In a bill meant to address human trafficking unaccompanied alien minors are mentioned in that context.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •