Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 353

Thread: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If they don't they should be deported. I think that's the plan, but you've at least got to hear them out first.
    Nope they came here illegally there is nothing to hear. the reason they were sent here is that their families keep hearing about amnesty and that the president and congress are going to pass amnesty for all the illegals in this country.

    so they are overhelming the system so that they kids get amensty. of course once their kids are citizens they can sponser their real families to come here which means even more poor and poverty stricken people to come.

    of course it is great if you are a liberal left winger that pander to people like this. i am sure there will be a flock of liberal agencies with the welfare and medicaid forms ready to sign them up.

    that is why they are coming across. what is even worse is they are bringing diseases here that we have pretty much taken care of. scabies and TB are being reported all over the place.

    good if you don't think they should be deported then all people like you can take them in and care for them. Then you can foot the bill instead of the rest of america.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I'm counting border invaders. I don't care where they come from.

    R88 makes the point that they are entitled to a hearing. You have already made up your mind.

    Mexico obviously does not consider them worthy of refugee status. They are moving them through Mexico without any offer of help. They are also violating Mexico's borders, but no prosecution.

    Something smells bad here, and it is more than the smell of unwashed kids with lice and scabies. Mexico has tight controls on their borders. Particularly the Southern borders. Those illegals were not allowed into Mexico without the Mexicans knowing full well that the transported illegals would not be turned back to become Mexico's problem.
    Rahm Emanuel cynically said, "You never want a crisis to go to waste." It is now becoming clear that the crisis he was referring to is Barack Obama's presidency.

    Obama is no fool. He is not incompetent. To the contrary, he is brilliant. He knows exactly what he's doing. He is purposely overwhelming the U.S. economy to create systemic failure, economic crisis and social chaos -- thereby destroying capitalism and our country from within.
    Obama's agenda: Overwhelm the system | Las Vegas Review-Journal

  3. #243
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    The plan is to disseminate these kids to places in the US like Lawrenceville, Va, Syracuse, NY, Elmira, PA, California, and then release them to relatives already in the US, legally here or not, pending their hearing, presumably after cleaning them up, rendering them disease free, and providing funds for their living expenses. The initial funding request is $60,000 + per child. Not counting future health care. Not counting potential epidemics of nearly eradicated diseases. Not counting schooling. Not counting future welfare expenditures. The show up rate at deportation hearings is around 10% The prosecution rate for no shows is close to zero.
    Well, it's cheaper than having them be wards of the government for the long term. They have to go somewhere until their hearing...and usually someone seeking asylum is in legally until a decision is made.

    If we need warehouse space, let's lease it in Mexico. Process at the border prior to granting entry or turning the flow around. Since these illegals are coming from Mexico, shouldn't Mexico kick in a few billion bucks?

    If Mexico doesn't like it, they can shut off their southern border.
    So it'll be cheaper to rent prison space in Mexico than have them stay somewhere in the meantime? You really think so? Besides which, I'm sure the law dictates what happens. You want Obama to follow the law, right?

    Mexico is negotiating with Guatemala about the border.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,344

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    If the current administration immediately sealed off the border and began deporting these children, the same conservatives who are complaining now would be bitching about Obama's strong arm tactics and how much he hates these poor children.
    I wouldn't.

  5. #245
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Nope they came here illegally there is nothing to hear. the reason they were sent here is that their families keep hearing about amnesty and that the president and congress are going to pass amnesty for all the illegals in this country.

    so they are overhelming the system so that they kids get amensty. of course once their kids are citizens they can sponser their real families to come here which means even more poor and poverty stricken people to come.

    of course it is great if you are a liberal left winger that pander to people like this. i am sure there will be a flock of liberal agencies with the welfare and medicaid forms ready to sign them up.

    that is why they are coming across. what is even worse is they are bringing diseases here that we have pretty much taken care of. scabies and TB are being reported all over the place.

    good if you don't think they should be deported then all people like you can take them in and care for them. Then you can foot the bill instead of the rest of america.
    If they are legally entitled to asylum, then there should be a hearing. Obama is following the law as passed by Congress in 2008 before he took office. Not doing so would be exactly the sort of abuse you wouldn't like if it were a law that you liked. You apparently don't mind if Obama picks and chooses as long as he picks what you like.

    Legal asylum would mean they're here legally. I thought you guys weren't against legal immigration.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #246
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I wouldn't.
    Somebody would be. It is an election year after all...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    If they are legally entitled to asylum, then there should be a hearing. Obama is following the law as passed by Congress in 2008 before he took office. Not doing so would be exactly the sort of abuse you wouldn't like if it were a law that you liked. You apparently don't mind if Obama picks and chooses as long as he picks what you like.

    Legal asylum would mean they're here legally. I thought you guys weren't against legal immigration.
    nope not hearing needed there is no war going on in their country. so they cannot claim asylum.
    they aren't immigrating here legally they are crossing the border illegally in hopes of getting amnesty.

    your strawman arguments don't work.

    no he isn't following the law or all of these people would be deported to their country of origin.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I'm counting border invaders. I don't care where they come from.

    R88 makes the point that they are entitled to a hearing. You have already made up your mind.

    Mexico obviously does not consider them worthy of refugee status. They are moving them through Mexico without any offer of help. They are also violating Mexico's borders, but no prosecution.

    Something smells bad here, and it is more than the smell of unwashed kids with lice and scabies. Mexico has tight controls on their borders. Particularly the Southern borders. Those illegals were not allowed into Mexico without the Mexicans knowing full well that the transported illegals would not be turned back to become Mexico's problem.
    the united states is not the only country the refugees from the "northern triangle" countries are fleeing to. some are fleeing to panama, some are fleeing to mexico, some are fleeing to costa rica, they are fleeing to any country that will grant them asylum.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #249
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    nope not hearing needed there is no war going on in their country. so they cannot claim asylum.
    they aren't immigrating here legally they are crossing the border illegally in hopes of getting amnesty.

    your strawman arguments don't work.

    no he isn't following the law or all of these people would be deported to their country of origin.
    Is "strawman" new to you and you don't know the meaning?

    There is war and violence in their countries, asylum could be legally possible, and if it isn't they can be deported when that is determined.

    Are you an immigration lawyer, or is it just "Obama BAD?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #250
    Advisor 29A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Last Seen
    02-12-15 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    450

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    How about the laws that say you cannot enter the US without the proper documentation?
    Anyone can say "laws", but I was hoping for something more specific, for instance the name of the law, applicable punishments, etc.

    8 U.S.C. §1325.
    Improper entry by alien
    (a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
    Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

    (b) Improper time or place; civil penalties
    Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of—

    (1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or

    (2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection.
    U.S.C. Title 8 - ALIENS AND NATIONALITY
    Strangely, I cannot find "improper entry by alien" or the procedure for dealing with it in Title 18.

    8 U.S.C. §1231. details the detention and removal of aliens ordered removed.

    (a) Detention, release, and removal of aliens ordered removed
    (1) Removal period
    (A) In general
    Except as otherwise provided in this section, when an alien is ordered removed, the Attorney General shall remove the alien from the United States within a period of 90 days (in this section referred to as the “removal period”).

    (B) Beginning of period
    The removal period begins on the latest of the following:

    (i) The date the order of removal becomes administratively final.

    (ii) If the removal order is judicially reviewed and if a court orders a stay of the removal of the alien, the date of the court's final order.

    (iii) If the alien is detained or confined (except under an immigration process), the date the alien is released from detention or confinement.
    U.S.C. Title 8 - ALIENS AND NATIONALITY

Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •