Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 353

Thread: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

  1. #151
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by 29A View Post
    It doesn't really say that they must be released.
    Sure it does

    n unaccompanied alien child in the custody of the Secretary of Health and Human Services shall be promptly placed in the least restrictive setting that is in the best interest of the child.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by 29A View Post
    It doesn't really say that they must be released.
    What it does say is >"In making such placements, the Secretary may consider danger to self, danger to the community, and risk of flight."<

    Considering that over 90% of the illegal aliens who have been released while given a date to show up in front of an immigration judge don't show up, it's pretty clear that all illegal aliens should be considered a flight risk.

    Then you have the less than 10% who do show up in court and are ordered to be deported are again released into society to take care of business before leaving the country but again 90% don't leave the country and go in to hiding.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Sure it does
    Keep on reading Sangha, we all can read the entire act and you're just taking **** out of context.

  4. #154
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    What it does say is >"In making such placements, the Secretary may consider danger to self, danger to the community, and risk of flight."<

    Considering that over 90% of the illegal aliens who have been released while given a date to show up in front of an immigration judge don't show up, it's pretty clear that all illegal aliens should be considered a flight risk.

    Then you have the less than 10% who do show up in court and are ordered to be deported are again released into society to take care of business before leaving the country but again 90% don't leave the country and go in to hiding.
    Risk of flight refers to fleeing from the placement, not failing to show up for court and does not permit the govt to detain the child as the following sentence clearly states
    . A child shall not be placed in a secure facility absent a determination that the child poses a danger to self or others or has been charged with having committed a criminal offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Risk of flight refers to fleeing from the placement, not failing to show up for court and does not permit the govt to detain the child as the following sentence clearly states
    You're former bail bondsman would disagree with you.

    Flight Risk Law & Legal Definition

    >"Flight risk is a term that is used by a court to describe a person or defendant who is likely to flee the country/state/area to avoid criminal prosecution. Courts consider the flight risk factor while deciding whether or not to grant bond to a defendant. This factor is considered while deciding the bond amount also. Courts have the discretion to set higher bail amount for flight risks."<

    Flight Risk Law & Legal Definition

  6. #156
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,335

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    What it does say is >"In making such placements, the Secretary may consider danger to self, danger to the community, and risk of flight."<

    Considering that over 90% of the illegal aliens who have been released while given a date to show up in front of an immigration judge don't show up, it's pretty clear that all illegal aliens should be considered a flight risk.

    Then you have the less than 10% who do show up in court and are ordered to be deported are again released into society to take care of business before leaving the country but again 90% don't leave the country and go in to hiding.
    Does anyone but me find it strange that people who sneak in here illegally are really expected to show up at some later court date before an immigration judge?

    Greetings, APACHRAT.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Does anyone but me find it strange that people who sneak in here illegally are really expected to show up at some later court date before an immigration judge?

    Greetings, APACHRAT.
    Probably those who actually have a legitimate asylum argument.
    But instead of traveling over a thousand miles why not start the procedure back in their own home country and going to the U.S. Embassy ???
    Probably because they don't have a legitimate case.

    This invasion surge is Obama's own doing. First he refused to enforce our immigration laws.
    Then he refused to secure our borders but lied to Congress and the American people declaring that our borders were secured.

    Then he ignored the law that only Congress can write our immigration laws and misused his Executive powers and created his own "Dream Act" which set off the surge from Central America to El Norte with the message that once you make it across the border, Obama will see that you are not deported.

    Now Obama wants me, you and those Americans who actually pay taxes to fork out 3.7 billion dollars so these illegals can be fed Gringo burritos, be given new underware and be released in to society and the taxpayers will pay for their transportation to where ever they want to go.

    Sarah Palin is right, time for articles of impeachment.

    Obama just isn't incompetent but is derelict in his duties of POTUS and CnC.

    A ****ing community organizer as POTUS ???

  8. #158
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,973

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, we don't. Most of us want illegals deported and for us immigration reform means a tighter ship.
    Guess again.






    Immigration law, as it exists now IS humane. Otherwise there would be no provisions as there are for asylum, refugees or humanitarian efforts (see Haiti for one).
    Detention facilities have been underfunded for years. People are dying in the deserts trying to get into the US. Limits on immigration are arbitrary and poorly designed.

    Oh, and that asylum/refugee/humanitarian reasons? That's the stuff conservatives are howling about. A huge swath of this year's immigrants are fleeing disastrous conditions in Honduras and El Salvador, which are trying to escape horrendous crime rates (Honduras has the #1 murder rate in the world) and gang violence.


    When he talks of letting them walk, yes, yes he is. "Detainees" in this context means DETAINED UNTIL DEPORTATION.
    Obama isn't talking of "letting them walk." The OP is kvetching about ICE moving people to "destinations" -- which are ICE holding facilities -- per the way the law is actually written. He asked Congress for $2 billion in additional funding to deal with this situation. And of course, blaming any single political leader for something this complex and long-term is sheer partisan nonsense.

  9. #159
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Guess again.



    Dream on. It's lying by poll plain and simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Detention facilities have been underfunded for years. People are dying in the deserts trying to get into the US. Limits on immigration are arbitrary and poorly designed.
    That's too damn bad. As to that last, absolute rubbish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Oh, and that asylum/refugee/humanitarian reasons? That's the stuff conservatives are howling about. A huge swath of this year's immigrants are fleeing disastrous conditions in Honduras and El Salvador, which are trying to escape horrendous crime rates (Honduras has the #1 murder rate in the world) and gang violence.
    No, it's not. The last bit about El Salvador is, it does not qualify for humanitarian aid. This is not anyone's fault but their very own that their country is in this position. They are the architects of their own situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Obama isn't talking of "letting them walk." The OP is kvetching about ICE moving people to "destinations" -- which are ICE holding facilities -- per the way the law is actually written. He asked Congress for $2 billion in additional funding to deal with this situation. And of course, blaming any single political leader for something this complex and long-term is sheer partisan nonsense.
    Bull**** plain and simple. Obama has indeed been trying to let them walk, even under Bush, who was very weak where it came to illegals they'd have all been returned by now. And yes, I can blame THIS president for what he does/does not do.

    Congress should tell him no and make it clear the bill is about human trafficking, and this isn't that.

  10. #160
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Border Meltdown: Obama Delivering 290,000 Illegals To U.S. Homes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I already posted a link to a bill that reauthorized the laws I referred to. Here's a link to the original bill
    Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000

    Here's a link to related bills
    U.S. Laws and Legislation on Trafficking in Persons

    And the NYT link is not an op-ed. It ran on the front page as news.
    Once again, those are about trafficking, not at all applicable.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •