Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

  1. #21
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    Anyone who thinks these clowns can even accomplish half of their geographic goal need to come back to reality.
    Half would still be way too much. Anything is too much. That said, I'm curious as to how we can nip these guys in the bud without a full on invasion.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #22
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Half would still be way too much. Anything is too much. That said, I'm curious as to how we can nip these guys in the bud without a full on invasion.
    That's what worries me about this situation. I don't know how we can stem the tide at all. Even if we knock out the command and control of ISIS with air or missile strikes, the Hydra will just grow another head.

    As a wounded combat vet, I don't want anyone to be sent into that mess and come home wounded or worse - in a box. A full on invasion may be what it takes. I would not want to be in that decision chain. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If we go in full force, the opposition will say that we did too much too soon, and that it wasn't needed or in the best interest of the US. If we don't go in, and ISIS continues to grow their strength, capabilities and control of even more and more areas, by that time, to intervene will be even more costly in blood, treasure and time which the critics will seize upon as being too weak to act before it became so costly. Again, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

    I don't have the answer(s), and don't pretend to, even on an internet forum where we can pretend to know or twist the facts to support our faux knowledge.

    The only thing I do know, is that ISIS is a real and palpable threat to the US right now, and when or if they are less occupied with gaining territory in the Middle East, they will surely turn their attention to the US, Great Britain and others - that is if they haven't already done so and it's a matter of waiting for the inevitable to occur here. They are already coordinating with AQAP, and as we all know, AQAP has recently gained a capability that forced the TSA to tighten security at airports.

    To summarize: I don't know what our best action should be, but we should do something, and even of we do something (short of full on invasion) it's just a matter of time before ISIS and their allies get lucky and succeed in hitting us here at home. Remember, we have to get it right every time - they only have to get right once.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    That's what worries me about this situation. I don't know how we can stem the tide at all. Even if we knock out the command and control of ISIS with air or missile strikes, the Hydra will just grow another head.

    As a wounded combat vet, I don't want anyone to be sent into that mess and come home wounded or worse - in a box. A full on invasion may be what it takes. I would not want to be in that decision chain. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If we go in full force, the opposition will say that we did too much too soon, and that it wasn't needed or in the best interest of the US. If we don't go in, and ISIS continues to grow their strength, capabilities and control of even more and more areas, by that time, to intervene will be even more costly in blood, treasure and time which the critics will seize upon as being too weak to act before it became so costly. Again, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

    I don't have the answer(s), and don't pretend to, even on an internet forum where we can pretend to know or twist the facts to support our faux knowledge.

    The only thing I do know, is that ISIS is a real and palpable threat to the US right now, and when or if they are less occupied with gaining territory in the Middle East, they will surely turn their attention to the US, Great Britain and others - that is if they haven't already done so and it's a matter of waiting for the inevitable to occur here. They are already coordinating with AQAP, and as we all know, AQAP has recently gained a capability that forced the TSA to tighten security at airports.

    To summarize: I don't know what our best action should be, but we should do something, and even of we do something (short of full on invasion) it's just a matter of time before ISIS and their allies get lucky and succeed in hitting us here at home. Remember, we have to get it right every time - they only have to get right once.

    That's why this is everybody's problem Beaudreaux.....and everyone should be doing what they can to take these guys out. They have over ran an Iraqi Military base. They have taken US stinger Missiles. They now have Anti Air defenses. 72 Tanks and over 100 other vehicles. As well as Artillery.

    We also Have a pattern that has emerged within the Last month and half. With AQ going after Airports. Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan going after an airport. Then this weekend, al Shebab Threatening to go after Entebbe Airport.

    Now we are covering Baghdad International and Mosul. Due to this guy and his Army going after those Airports.

    Which btw.....the Iraqis are digging in. The Saudis just put 30k on their Border saying the Iraqis left. The Iranians have 10 divisions on their Border with a Straight shot into Baghdad.

    While ISIS is very close to being able to drop a Bomb on the Shia Holy Shrine in Samarra. This is with the Shia amassing a 100k Army of Militia, and blocking the way.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    With no US assets on the ground in that area, there's no reason he couldn't also attend a street fair, because we can't do a thing about it including an air strike, drone attack, cruise missile or sniper. Hell, he owns the place now, and for the foreseeable future. It's just a matter of time before he gets what he wants:



    Translated into English:

    What he wants is an Islamist world. What he will get, probably sooner rather than later is a lead salad. I'd like to think the last thing to go through his head will be an American bullet, but no need to get picky.

    In the mean time, they continue to blow up historic buildings, and execute people-to be posted on youtube and liveleak almost hourly. It wont be long before they start the executions for smoking cigarettes.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What he wants is an Islamist world. What he will get, probably sooner rather than later is a lead salad. I'd like to think the last thing to go through his head will be an American bullet, but no need to get picky.

    In the mean time, they continue to blow up historic buildings, and execute people-to be posted on youtube and liveleak almost hourly. It wont be long before they start the executions for smoking cigarettes.

    What they are saying this morning.....the Big issue for most is, if it is really him. How pathetic.....even if it is not. The call is out in the Public. He is asking Muslims to join their state. To accept him as their Leader.....so that he can be a Statesman and be on the same level as Presidents and Prime Ministers.

    They said he gave the Speech in Mosul......which the Press is reporting they captured and are in Control of. Yet we are being told.....that US troops would be sent up North and to help hold Mosul International Airport.

    How can we do this, if ISIL holds the Entire City?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    What they are saying this morning.....the Big issue for most is, if it is really him. How pathetic.....even if it is not. The call is out in the Public. He is asking Muslims to join their state. To accept him as their Leader.....so that he can be a Statesman and be on the same level as Presidents and Prime Ministers.

    They said he gave the Speech in Mosul......which the Press is reporting they captured and are in Control of. Yet we are being told.....that US troops would be sent up North and to help hold Mosul International Airport.

    How can we do this, if ISIL holds the Entire City?
    They will scatter like rats like they do in Syria if someone serious comes in. In fact, they are in Iraq now because they are losing in Syria, and aren't able to get help from jordan/lebanon/Turkey.

    I support an American presence, we can provide air support and intelligence, and then let the arabs fight as arabs do-dirty and mean. They aren't bound by the same rules.

    One last point-these bad actors have emerged as a consequence of our weak President. This is what happens when people vote for hope and change.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That's why this is everybody's problem Beaudreaux.....and everyone should be doing what they can to take these guys out. They have over ran an Iraqi Military base. They have taken US stinger Missiles. They now have Anti Air defenses. 72 Tanks and over 100 other vehicles. As well as Artillery.

    We also Have a pattern that has emerged within the Last month and half. With AQ going after Airports. Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan going after an airport. Then this weekend, al Shebab Threatening to go after Entebbe Airport.

    Now we are covering Baghdad International and Mosul. Due to this guy and his Army going after those Airports.

    Which btw.....the Iraqis are digging in. The Saudis just put 30k on their Border saying the Iraqis left. The Iranians have 10 divisions on their Border with a Straight shot into Baghdad.

    While ISIS is very close to being able to drop a Bomb on the Shia Holy Shrine in Samarra. This is with the Shia amassing a 100k Army of Militia, and blocking the way.
    Im worried about both their anti air and anti-armor. When Syria began, they were lucky to have RPG's and while tanks could be killed, it was more the BMP's that were being killed-this was compounded by the SAA's lack of coordinated tank/infantry tactics.

    Over 2 years later the FSA is much better armed, with some anti air missles, and some very effective guided anti tank missles-and they are posting new kills every few days on liveleak/youtube. Our armor would be vulnerable to this.

    Its a **** sandwich, and we all need to take a bite.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    This guy would certain qualify to make the top 10 egos list.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im worried about both their anti air and anti-armor. When Syria began, they were lucky to have RPG's and while tanks could be killed, it was more the BMP's that were being killed-this was compounded by the SAA's lack of coordinated tank/infantry tactics.

    Over 2 years later the FSA is much better armed, with some anti air missles, and some very effective guided anti tank missles-and they are posting new kills every few days on liveleak/youtube. Our armor would be vulnerable to this.

    Its a **** sandwich, and we all need to take a bite.

    Assad took out a few tanks trying to clog up the Border pass. But he couldn't stop them from getting tanks inside Syria.

    Truly there is nothing much left of the FSA. Even the Syrian Front can take their weapons from them. The Rebels backed by the MB have lost their chance to take out Assad.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...-revealed.html

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063493826

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS leader comes out of hiding, makes 21 minute video declaring he is the Caliph

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Assad took out a few tanks trying to clog up the Border pass. But he couldn't stop them from getting tanks inside Syria.

    Truly there is nothing much left of the FSA. Even the Syrian Front can take their weapons from them. The Rebels backed by the MB have lost their chance to take out Assad.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-te...-revealed.html

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063493826
    Agreed-they are a cancer-and theres only one way to deal with cancer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •