Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70

Thread: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Price?

    There is some amount of good which would justify child prostitution in your mind?
    Lol.

    I don't know how you misunderstood what I said.

    Legal child prostitution WOULD lead to increased Tourism, which would be fantastic for the country.

    What I said about Price was the Price the CHILDREN PROSTITUTED would have to pay. I didn't support Child Prostitution in Bolivia, just its benefits. Look at Thailand.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    Lol.

    I don't know how you misunderstood what I said.

    Legal child prostitution WOULD lead to increased Tourism, which would be fantastic for the country.

    What I said about Price was the Price the CHILDREN PROSTITUTED would have to pay. I didn't support Child Prostitution in Bolivia, just its benefits. Look at Thailand.
    I understood what you said and I agree with you.

    I'm just saying that the language used made it sound as though there would be some theoretical amount of benefits which would equal the harm done and would thereby justify it.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I understood what you said and I agree with you.

    I'm just saying that the language used made it sound as though there would be some theoretical amount of benefits which would equal the harm done and would thereby justify it.
    Well, to be fair, if Child Rape/Abuse/Trafficking are already occuring at an immense pace then legalizing the affair, as sad as it is, could *possibly* be beneficial to the Economy and Children.

    I.e. in the form of regulation and the new funds available to police against Child Rape/Abuse/Trafficking.

    Very few things are black and white, in my opinion.

  4. #34
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    well, there isn't much "trick" to it.

    Best Jobs Of The Future - Business Insider

    Everyone, including me, can give you a top 10 list easily.

    Programmers are top of the line.
    Engineers (from technical branches).
    Doctors.
    Lawyers and other judicial employees.
    Teachers.
    City planners
    arhitects
    Chemists
    Biologists
    Geologists
    Chefs and food specialists
    etc

    What you won't see is factory workers coz of automation.
    Retailers... they need to go out.
    fast food workers should get expired.
    etc
    Yea, I was thinking that one of the aims now is to pick a job that won't get automated in the next 20 years. It's not just a fantasy anymore.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  5. #35
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    How about digging for minerals in the deep with a pick and basket?
    How Green Was My Valley is one of my favorite movies....



    I approve of child labor laws. Frankly I'm kind of surprised Uruguay already had child labor laws in place and just wanted to lower the age for farm children. Same issue came up in the US not too long ago.......

    Child Work: Agriculture, Entertainment Fair Labor Standards Act Exemption - Stateline

    But generally I think kids should be in school and not working 10 to 12 hours a day at hard labor. But age appropriate chores or part time jobs...no problem.

  6. #36
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    Well, to be fair, if Child Rape/Abuse/Trafficking are already occuring at an immense pace then legalizing the affair, as sad as it is, could *possibly* be beneficial to the Economy and Children.

    I.e. in the form of regulation and the new funds available to police against Child Rape/Abuse/Trafficking.

    Very few things are black and white, in my opinion.
    I have been on forums since 2004, and have NEVER encountered a poster who believes that child trafficking should be legal. Child trafficking is just another form of slavery, and the above poster wants it legal. Go figure.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  7. #37
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    I have been on forums since 2004, and have NEVER encountered a poster who believes that child trafficking should be legal. Child trafficking is just another form of slavery, and the above poster wants it legal. Go figure.
    I'm not entirely sure he meant that, but it sure as hell appears he does, from that post.

    I'd rather we pull all the funding from drug enforcement and use it to combat child trafficking. Funding from a bunch of other unnecessary ****, too.
    Not only that - I would probably support invading a country that harbors child traffickers, but not much else outside an actual (and significant) threat against the USA would (IMO) warrant such.

    What can I say...to me, sex crimes are some of the worst crimes that occur, and child sex crimes are THE worst. Above murder, even.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #38
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I'm not entirely sure he meant that, but it sure as hell appears he does, from that post.

    I'd rather we pull all the funding from drug enforcement and use it to combat child trafficking. Funding from a bunch of other unnecessary ****, too.
    Not only that - I would probably support invading a country that harbors child traffickers, but not much else outside an actual (and significant) threat against the USA would (IMO) warrant such.

    What can I say...to me, sex crimes are some of the worst crimes that occur, and child sex crimes are THE worst. Above murder, even.

    Unless and until you have encountered the victims you cannot know what a devastation this type of crime is for a person. I have worked with many abuse victims, but I've had some few from other countries who were victims of child trafficking and child prostitution rings. They are the sickest of the sick.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  9. #39
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Unless and until you have encountered the victims you cannot know what a devastation this type of crime is for a person. I have worked with many abuse victims, but I've had some few from other countries who were victims of child trafficking and child prostitution rings. They are the sickest of the sick.
    I'm also of the opinion that an unquestionably guilty child rapist should get the death penalty.

    Exception only if they give up multiple OTHER child rapists or persons involved in such activities in some way (traffickers, etc.), and their sentence can only be reduced to life without the possibility of parole.


    At some point years ago, I subscribed to the argument that having the death penalty on the table would just cause them to kill the child after the rape, so it should not be an option.

    I apparently changed my mind at some point though...not sure when or why, exactly.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #40
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    re: Bolivia congress allows child labor from age 10

    I don't understand why when the subject of children working comes up it leads to prostitution.

    One has nothing to do with the other.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •