Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 163

Thread: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Buying

  1. #61
    Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,078

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    What you left out is that the "grand old tradition of Whites in the South manipulating the vote behind closed doors" was a Democrat/liberal tradition, until they abandoned the Democrat party after the bill of rights and voting rights acts in the 60s.
    Heh, those George Wallace voting dems were social conservatives who became Repubs after the civil rights act was passed, and of course some pandering by Nixon and Reagan. They are the GOP's problem now, although it's clear the GOP wants to desperately get rid of them.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The following page is an example of three.
    The current reported count is at 3300 at under half of the counties counted.

    WJTV News Channel 12 - Election Drama Continues 1 Week After Republican Runoff
    It's a little confusing because the McDaniel people say they've found "irregular" votes. But the Cochran camp says McDaniel claims 200 "irregular" votes in a precinct in which only 37 democrats voted in the democratic primary, so the max number of ILLEGAL crossover votes in that precinct is 37.

    I guess we'll see when they file the lawsuit.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Explain the difference
    The GOP is a political party, Conservatism is an ideology. Cochran is a member of the GOP but not a Conservative in the same way that Joe Manchin is Democrat but not a liberal.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wow! You really like attributing your thoughts to others.
    Pointing out what the evidence is and what it isn't, is not anything like the above.

    So again.
    What cash?
    Where is the evidence of actual cash, and evidence of what it was actually for, if it even existed?
    Nothing outside of this fraudsters word exists.


    I am guessing you didn't answer the question because you cannot point to any actual cash or anything outside of the fraudsters word. Right?
    LIke I said, I'm not sure what we're debating here. Really, I have no idea what you think happened, if anything at all.

    I said earlier, I think Cochran paid this guy and others to do the standard political exercise of GOTV, which is perfectly legal and an important part of many successful campaigns. No one gave him cash to throw around, and the allegations by the Rev. and reported by right wing 'journalists' are BS. What you think happened is a mystery to me.

    What I pointed out earlier is IF THE ALLEGATIONS BY THE REV. ARE TRUE, he implicates himself AND republican operatives working for Cochran. If he's lying, well, then this is a nothing story and why are we talking about any of it?

  5. #65
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It's a little confusing because the McDaniel people say they've found "irregular" votes. But the Cochran camp says McDaniel claims 200 "irregular" votes in a precinct in which only 37 democrats voted in the democratic primary, so the max number of ILLEGAL crossover votes in that precinct is 37.
    I am pretty sure your information is incorrect.
    IIRC, the claim was 200 of the 800 cross over votes they had found in one county, at that time, were entry mistakes.

    JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

    The Mississippi Tea Party President says they've found evidence that nearly 800 voters crossed over in Tuesday's runoff election that should not have been allowed to vote Republican.

    [...]

    However, Hinds County GOP Chairman Pete Perry says there are some precincts where he knows workers marked the wrong column and corrected them the day of the election. He believes that could account for at least 200 of those being cited by the Tea Party.

    "The poll workers marked the wrong column," said Perry. "We know there are errors that happened that day and the poll workers out there corrected it. And they're just trying to make up numbers to make it look a lot better than it is."

    [...]

    MS Tea Party claims at least 800 illegal votes in Hinds Co.

    That is unless you were speaking to something else.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #66
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    What I pointed out earlier is IF THE ALLEGATIONS BY THE REV. ARE TRUE, he implicates himself AND republican operatives working for Cochran. If he's lying, well, then this is a nothing story and why are we talking about any of it?
    And What I pointed out is that that does not necessarily follow, as there are other possibilities. So one should not assume such.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And What I pointed out is that that does not necessarily follow, as there are other possibilities. So one should not assume such.
    If the allegations are TRUE, then there aren't many possibilities. If the allegations are lies, or partly lies, but we don't know which part of the allegations are lies, then obviously there are many different possibilities, including that the cash (if any existed or was handed out, which perhaps didn't happen or maybe did happen, but not as much or FAR MORE than was alleged) was found on a street corner and the Rev handed it out to voters as a good Samaritan for doing their civic duty and he gave no suggestions on who to vote for, but they could if they wanted do a write in vote for Snoop Doggy Dogg to bring a smile to the faces of the vote counters.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I am pretty sure your information is incorrect.
    IIRC, the claim was 200 of the 800 cross over votes they had found in one county, at that time, were entry mistakes.
    Just to be clear, I'm not claiming anything, and don't care much about this outcome, just interested as an observer. Anyway, this is the story:

    https://djournal.com/news/mcdaniel-c...otes-numerous/

    For instance, Russell said the McDaniel campaign is claiming 200 “ineligible” crossover votes in the Fondren precinct in Jackson. Yet, he said only 37 people voted in the Democratic primary in the precinct on June 3, meaning this 37 would be the only registered voters in the precinct ineligible to vote in the June 24 Republican runoff.
    And the reason I'm suspicious is the night of the election, the campaign seemed to indicate crossover votes were at least illegitimate, if not illegal, so I'm a bit suspicious when they use the term "irregular" instead of illegal. If it's prohibited by law to vote in the democratic primary, and again in the GOP primary, those votes aren't 'irregular' they're illegal and should be thrown out, so why not use a term that is clearer? I don't know, maybe it's a term of art for election law that I'm not aware of.
    Last edited by JasperL; 07-02-14 at 04:32 PM.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    If the allegations are TRUE, then there aren't many possibilities. If the allegations are lies, or partly lies, but we don't know which part of the allegations are lies, then obviously there are many different possibilities, including that the cash (if any existed or was handed out, which perhaps didn't happen or maybe did happen, but not as much or FAR MORE than was alleged) was found on a street corner and the Rev handed it out to voters as a good Samaritan for doing their civic duty and he gave no suggestions on who to vote for, but they could if they wanted do a write in vote for Snoop Doggy Dogg to bring a smile to the faces of the vote counters.
    Of course there are many possibilities if the allegations are true.
    As already pointed out, such action could be at someone else's behest and not Cochran's.
    It could solely be how Saleem decided to do it. And not how Cochran/campaign thought the money was used for.
    Of course there are many other possibilities other than Cochran is responsible.
    And didn't he say he was stiffed on the funds? Which means there was no money?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #70
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Just to be clear, I'm not claiming anything, and don't care much about this outcome, just interested as an observer. Anyway, this is the story:

    https://djournal.com/news/mcdaniel-c...otes-numerous/



    And the reason I'm suspicious is the night of the election, the campaign seemed to indicate crossover votes were at least illegitimate, if not illegal, so I'm a bit suspicious when they use the term "irregular" instead of illegal. If it's prohibited by law to vote in the democratic primary, and again in the GOP primary, those votes aren't 'irregular' they're illegal and should be thrown out, so why not use a term that is clearer? I don't know, maybe it's a term of art for election law that I'm not aware of.
    Ok,so you were talking about something else.
    We already know that Cochran solicited votes from Dems. We also already know some of those Dems fraudulently voted in both primaries.
    So who do you believe? Cochran spokesman Jordan Russell making such a claim of 37, or the McDaniel bunch who supposedly found irregularity?
    As Cochran involved himself in requesting the fraudulent crossover votes I have already picked a side.
    If the irregularities exist I know who I am going to believe. And that sure is not the claim of only 37.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •