Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 163

Thread: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Buying

  1. #121
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's a very odd way of asking that question.

    What is it with folks coming to the non-MSM board and complaining the story isn't a MSM source? Watch the interview and decide for yourself if there is something to the story.

    The story just broke. I wouldn't expect it to come from MSM since they don't do investigative journalism anymore.
    Theres a difference between non-MSM and just plain tabloid news articles.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    The only thing to remember is what has been proven.
    And so far in this case, it is that those who fraudulently voted were Dems.
    Laughing... how CON of you!

    First vote buying is far more difficult (if not impossible) to prove by reviewing voter logs of the GOP.

    Second this isn't a Dem scheme.

    Third I don't see the evidence so far supporting vote buying, or Dems flocking to vote in the run-off.

    Nothing have been proven....

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Just FWIW, I think the Rev. is full of it, and I don't care at all which far right winger represents Mississippi. Mainly because I don't know any self respecting con man who would agree to take his fee for a criminal conspiracy on the back end, AFTER he's done all the work and risked jail doing it. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's not that dumb.

    What it looks like is the Cochran campaign DID hire people in the black community to get out the vote, they've admitted all that and it was clearly a big part of his win. But he's talking about handing out envelopes of cash to hundreds of people, personally, and thousands more across the state. That's just not something that should be hard to prove, especially if you're a 'journalist' willing to pay for a story.
    A guy who would participate in.voter fraud for money would also claim he did.for money.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #124
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Nobody has a problem accepting that Thad Cochran is a moderate. See here as Nate Silver laments the dying breed of Moderate Republicans.

    Now that his campaign is caught in possible voter fraud the left tries desperately to label him a Conservative. Shocker.
    OK, how about we just label him as a Republican?

    Just because you don't want him anymore doesn't mean he changed. He's no Liberal either, and he's not a Democrat.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #125
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,676

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    OK, how about we just label him as a Republican?

    Just because you don't want him anymore doesn't mean he changed. He's no Liberal either, and he's not a Democrat.
    So long as you accept that Republicans and Democrats were both involved in the scheme. Within the Republican party it is a fight between the moderate Cochran and the conservative McDaniels.

    If, as BMCM wanted, we choose to talk about this in terms of ideology, then it was the Moderate who is accused of election tampering not the Conservative.

    But then I would guess you don't want moderates being hampered with that baggage either.

    How about we settle on the non-ideological nomenclature and just state the simple truth that the Cochran campaign has been accused of election tampering?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #126
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    McDaniel is now offering rewards to anybody who can come up with any evidence that voter fraud actually happened.

    But, if McDaniel already has the evidence, as he claims, then why is he offering a reward for evidence? Good question, and the answer should be obvious. The wheels appear to be coming off the McDaniel clown car. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #127
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,528

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    McDaniel is now offering rewards to anybody who can come up with any evidence that voter fraud actually happened.

    But, if McDaniel already has the evidence, as he claims, then why is he offering a reward for evidence? Good question, and the answer should be obvious. The wheels appear to be coming off the McDaniel clown car. LOL.
    "The" evidence, as if he has it all? Have you ever heard of rewards being offered for evidence or proof that is useful in a case? I hate to break it to you, but prosecutors/lawyers do this, legally, all the time. You lefties have to look a bit more than what is presented in front of your faces.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #128
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    The only thing to remember is what has been proven.
    And so far in this case, it is that those who fraudulently voted were Dems.
    Laughing... how CON of you!

    First vote buying is far more difficult (if not impossible) to prove by reviewing voter logs of the GOP.
    WTF? Clearly you are confusing two separate issues.
    No one said vote buying was proven by the logs.


    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Second this isn't a Dem scheme.

    How typically Prog of you.

    You do not know that.
    There are two separate issues here.

    One is the actual dual voting by Dems that took place as reflected by the log books.
    This voting was a result of Cochran's camp requesting Dems to vote for him. No where is there any evidence that he intended for those who had already voted to vote again. If you want to call that some sort of a scheme, go right on ahead. iLOL There is nothing illegal about it.

    The only ones responsible for their double voting, are those Dems who did it.


    The second issue are the claims of a scheme made by a known Dem fraudster. Of which none of the claims have yet to be supported with any evidence.
    So like I said. You do not know if it is or isn't a Dem scheme.
    It very well may be the scheme of this lone known Dem fraudster, or it may not.


    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Third I don't see the evidence so far supporting vote buying,
    Now you are involved in this "Con" thinking you accused me of. As I have been pointing that out.


    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    or Dems flocking to vote in the run-off.

    No one claimed flocking, so that claim is irrelevant.

    Cochran's camp asked for such voters.
    An example of one of the log pages which indicated dual voting by 3 Dems was provided earlier.
    Which was one of the first irregularities found. You do understand this right?

    And the number of irregularities has continued to grow.

    [...]

    Campaign staffers and 150 volunteers have already combed through voting records in 51 counties and claim to have identified nearly 5,000 "irregularities," which are mostly tied to people who were ineligible to vote in the state's June 24 runoff election, McDaniel campaign spokesman Noel Fritsch said.

    [...]

    McDaniel camp preps for legal challenge to Cochran - CNN.com

    Are all those irregularities Dems? I care not. And I highly doubt they are looking for irregular votes cast for McDaniel.
    That is what matters.
    It is more than likely that they will have enough evidence to get the results overturned.
    Last edited by Excon; 07-03-14 at 09:29 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #129
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So on one hand, you attack Cochran for not being a "real" Republican.
    Come back to reality and stop running in circles.

    I clearly stated he is a Republican, in name only. That is not an attack.


    And it was even previously clarified to you that I did not say he wasn't a "real" as you term it, Republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Ah, he's not a "real" Republican.
    Currently a RINO is still a Republican. So you have no point.

    Tell me, what do you call a liberal who is really a conservative?

    All you are doing is trying to start some idiotic partisan bs. Just stop.


    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    on one hand, you attack Cochran for not being a "real" Republican. Then you say he isn't involved at all.

    Oy Vey! Yes circles.
    Neither of the things you mentioned here have anything to do with the other. Not only that, you made a false claim.
    I never said he wasn't involved. I said there is no evidence of any involvement by him. Do you really not understand the difference?


    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Who's the one going in circles?
    As shown, you are, especially with your false claims.

    Like I said, just stop with your partisan bs.





    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    McDaniel is now offering rewards to anybody who can come up with any evidence that voter fraud actually happened.

    But, if McDaniel already has the evidence, as he claims, then why is he offering a reward for evidence? Good question, and the answer should be obvious. The wheels appear to be coming off the McDaniel clown car. LOL.

    Your comment of clown car is totally ridiculous. Especially given the information already given in this thread.


    There are two separate issues here. Both relate to voting.
    So why shouldn't he want all the he can obtain?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #130
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Bu

    Just an update for those interested.



    McDaniel alleges 8,300 questionable ballots

    Posted on July 11, 2014 by Bobby Harrison in News
    By Bobby Harrison
    Daily Journal Jackson Bureau


    JACKSON — State Sen. Chris McDaniel, still refusing to give up his challenge to incumbent U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, said Friday via e-mail his campaign had found 8,300 questionable ballots across the state from the June 24 Republican primary runoff.

    He said many of those “were unquestionably cast by voters ineligible to participate in the June 24th runoff election” that McDaniel lost to Cochran

    McDaniel promised a Wednesday news conference “to discuss the evidence we have documented and our next steps.”
    McDaniel has said before he intends to file a legal challenge to the June 24 election where Cochran defeated him by 194,932 votes to 187,265 votes.


    McDaniel alleges 8,300 questionable ballots | Daily Journal

    If the 8300 number reflects actual questionable ballots, then there should be no option but to overturn the primary.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •