Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

  1. #1
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,216

    Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Canada pulls the plug on the U.S. Keystone Pipeline – will send oil to Asia | Watts Up With That?

    Obama’s inability to make a decision on Keystone has finally yielded a result – Canada has made the decision for him.

    Breitbart reports Canada has just approved the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project – a major pipeline to ship Canadian oil to Asia.

    The Canadian oil will still be burnt – in Asia, instead of America.

    All the jobs and energy security which Canadian oil could have delivered to America, will instead be delivered to Asia


    Way to go Barry.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,142

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    I couldn't care less one way or the other on the pipeline, but what I do have a problem with is keeping our friends to the north cooling their heels for so long. It's disrespectful.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Selling it to the Japanese or Chinese?

    I guess Japanese, since the Chinese would only pay in poisend plastic toys and childslaves.

  4. #4
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,379

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Unfortunately for the US, that route could work.
    Project Overview | Northern Gateway Pipelines
    This will just be more manufacturing jobs shipped overseas.
    All caused from Obama's unnecessary pandering to his base.

  5. #5
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,210

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Canada pulls the plug on the U.S. Keystone Pipeline – will send oil to Asia | Watts Up With That?

    Obama’s inability to make a decision on Keystone has finally yielded a result – Canada has made the decision for him.

    Breitbart reports Canada has just approved the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project – a major pipeline to ship Canadian oil to Asia.

    The Canadian oil will still be burnt – in Asia, instead of America.

    All the jobs and energy security which Canadian oil could have delivered to America, will instead be delivered to Asia


    Way to go Barry.
    To be fair, Canada has not dropped the Keystone pipeline - in fact, the Keystone pipeline is a private business project, not a government project, pushed by Trans Canada Pipelines. Secondly, there's enough oil in reserve in the oilsands to fill pipelines to the Canadian west coast, the Canadian east coast and the American south for 30 plus years. The Canadian government will continue to support Keystone while they approve the process for building Northern Gateway and reversing and upgrading the existing eastern pipeline to Quebec/New Brunswick.

    That said, it should also be noted that the Canadian Supreme Court just this past week ruled on some native non-treaty land claims in British Columbia in favour of the native petitioners, giving them "ownership" of large swaths of the British Columbia interior and shoreline. As such, some of the native bands that objected to Northern Gateway now have to be involved in more detailed negotiations and that could delay the building of the pipeline although it will be built eventually, presuming the Conservative government remains in power in Canada - the two opposition parties oppose the Northern Gateway and one of them also opposes Keystone.

    Obama really is irrelevant at this point - it's been delayed for so long that there will be a new President in office in such a short time, relatively speaking, that doesn't matter what he does now. He can keep conning the enviro-nuts into thinking he's their hero while he continues to burn American coal and ship American coal to China and India, vastly outstripping any damage to the environment that the oilsands could ever cause.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #6
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,379

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Selling it to the Japanese or Chinese?

    I guess Japanese, since the Chinese would only pay in poisend plastic toys and childslaves.
    You joke, but in the 80's I worked for a company that set up a plant for China, and how to get paid
    was a real sticking point. At that point in time there was considerable differences in the value of their money.
    My company received title to several cargo ships in payment. (Ships having real world assessable value)

  7. #7
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Ah so. So this is what Obama meant by the pivot to the Pacific and Asia.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Canada pulls the plug on the U.S. Keystone Pipeline – will send oil to Asia | Watts Up With That?

    Obama’s inability to make a decision on Keystone has finally yielded a result – Canada has made the decision for him.

    Breitbart reports Canada has just approved the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project – a major pipeline to ship Canadian oil to Asia.

    The Canadian oil will still be burnt – in Asia, instead of America.

    All the jobs and energy security which Canadian oil could have delivered to America, will instead be delivered to Asia


    Way to go Barry.
    The Keystone Pipeline has not been dropped. It is a private project and TransCanada has not signaled that it is abandoning its application with the State Department.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    To be fair, Canada has not dropped the Keystone pipeline - in fact, the Keystone pipeline is a private business project, not a government project, pushed by Trans Canada Pipelines. Secondly, there's enough oil in reserve in the oilsands to fill pipelines to the Canadian west coast, the Canadian east coast and the American south for 30 plus years. The Canadian government will continue to support Keystone while they approve the process for building Northern Gateway and reversing and upgrading the existing eastern pipeline to Quebec/New Brunswick.

    That said, it should also be noted that the Canadian Supreme Court just this past week ruled on some native non-treaty land claims in British Columbia in favour of the native petitioners, giving them "ownership" of large swaths of the British Columbia interior and shoreline. As such, some of the native bands that objected to Northern Gateway now have to be involved in more detailed negotiations and that could delay the building of the pipeline although it will be built eventually, presuming the Conservative government remains in power in Canada - the two opposition parties oppose the Northern Gateway and one of them also opposes Keystone.

    Obama really is irrelevant at this point - it's been delayed for so long that there will be a new President in office in such a short time, relatively speaking, that doesn't matter what he does now. He can keep conning the enviro-nuts into thinking he's their hero while he continues to burn American coal and ship American coal to China and India, vastly outstripping any damage to the environment that the oilsands could ever cause.
    Come now, it must be Obama's fault.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,742

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Canada pulls the plug on the U.S. Keystone Pipeline – will send oil to Asia | Watts Up With That?

    Obama’s inability to make a decision on Keystone has finally yielded a result – Canada has made the decision for him.

    Breitbart reports Canada has just approved the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project – a major pipeline to ship Canadian oil to Asia.

    The Canadian oil will still be burnt – in Asia, instead of America.

    All the jobs and energy security which Canadian oil could have delivered to America, will instead be delivered to Asia


    Way to go Barry.
    chalk up another disaster for obama. carter should be happy he just bumped up a spot from the worst president every obama just took his spot.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •