Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

  1. #71
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    The Keystone deal was a joke anyway. It put American drinking water on the line for nothing but vague corporate promises. If the pipeline was supposed to be so beneficial, TransCanada should have been willing to put a guarantee for jobs and local crude sales in writing.

  2. #72
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post


    Link to proof that anything michijo said is libelous?
    Link to any proof that Trans Canada Pipelines has any liability or culpability related to the statement "The fact that these companies cut corners and use old pipelines that are prone to rupture after high speeding, caustic tar sand is flying though them makes it an unreliable idea."

    I can post up "pretty" pictures too, like the one in this link:

    http://www.syncrude.ca/environmental...d-reclamation/
    Last edited by CanadaJohn; 07-01-14 at 02:01 PM.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Last edited by michijo; 07-01-14 at 02:41 PM.

  4. #74
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Do you also want to shut down the mining and refining of rare earth minerals, a necessary component of new tech in the communications and green alternative energy fields, 95% of which are mined in China, the extraction of which kills the water table and lakes in the vicinity, kills the vegetation and wildlife, does untold damage to the employees and leaves great swaths of man made deserts? Or are you okay with that because it's in China, with Chinese employees, and it supports your supposed environmentally friendly alternative to fossil fuels. Gonna give up your laptop, your smart phone and your solar panels? If not, are you prepared to have Obama insist on reopening California's rare earth mineral mines that were closed in the 80s for environmental reasons - how about opening them up in Colorado and other US states, since America has vast reserved of the minerals and they are the primary consumer of them?

    How about coal? Do you want to shut down coal production in the US, that Obama has incidentally increased export of by 50%, plowing the much more damaging polluter into China and India to feed their coal fired electricity plants? You live in Georgia - are you calling for the closing of all coal mines in your state and neighbouring states or are you just concerned about Canadian wolves?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Do you also want to shut down the mining and refining of rare earth minerals, a necessary component of new tech in the communications and green alternative energy fields, 95% of which are mined in China, the extraction of which kills the water table and lakes in the vicinity, kills the vegetation and wildlife, does untold damage to the employees and leaves great swaths of man made deserts? Or are you okay with that because it's in China, with Chinese employees, and it supports your supposed environmentally friendly alternative to fossil fuels. Gonna give up your laptop, your smart phone and your solar panels? If not, are you prepared to have Obama insist on reopening California's rare earth mineral mines that were closed in the 80s for environmental reasons - how about opening them up in Colorado and other US states, since America has vast reserved of the minerals and they are the primary consumer of them?

    How about coal? Do you want to shut down coal production in the US, that Obama has incidentally increased export of by 50%, plowing the much more damaging polluter into China and India to feed their coal fired electricity plants? You live in Georgia - are you calling for the closing of all coal mines in your state and neighbouring states or are you just concerned about Canadian wolves?
    That tar sands pit is perhaps the worst environmental catastrophe in the world. Obviously I cant control China.

    I have been thinking lately that most of my electronics are not really good for me. In fact, I am about to move to a new apartment and Ive decided not to even have the internet turned on or get a TV and just sit in there and read and paint. After all, online I only encounter this types of conservatives who I dont need to talk to.

    BTW, I walked in this protest in Maine and I am actually in this video, I walk by the camera. It was really cold that day:


  6. #76
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Part of the original purpose of the pipeline was to get the oil to refineries near a port where it could be shipped abroad.
    You do realize the many uses of oil..right?

    They weren't just going to put it on a ship.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #77
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Canada pulls the plug on the U.S. Keystone Pipeline – will send oil to Asia | Watts Up With That?

    Obama’s inability to make a decision on Keystone has finally yielded a result – Canada has made the decision for him.

    Breitbart reports Canada has just approved the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project – a major pipeline to ship Canadian oil to Asia.

    The Canadian oil will still be burnt – in Asia, instead of America.

    All the jobs and energy security which Canadian oil could have delivered to America, will instead be delivered to Asia


    Way to go Barry.
    That's where it was going anyway. It just isn't making a pitstop here first.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The next POTUS, whether Hillary or a Repub, will approve it and it will be built.
    Somehow I doubt it, the 'need' for that toxic sludge will be exposed as frivolous, the domestic supply of higher quality crude will remain high. The contracts to send the Canadian 'oil' overseas will be multi-year, and Big Oil will sign some multi-national agreements to help develop Chinese refining capability with a possible eye on exporting our refinery jobs overseas...

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Carolina del Norte
    Last Seen
    07-06-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You do realize the many uses of oil..right?

    They weren't just going to put it on a ship.
    I heard that this tar sands is not a sustainable oil form, probably why it has not been used historically. Its an environmental hazard and shame to Canada. Frankly, even if it wasnt bad for the environment, I would still have protested just to bother Canadians.

    I support a much more modest lifestyle in general, and the Chinese may need the oil more than we do. In fact, I wish Asia would take over the world. My feelings about being pushed into a corner by American/European culture make this even more desirable.

    The entire Christian American culture I dislike so much is supported by the power of "America". If America loses power, then so do the imposing Christians. I can draw power from other cultures and art. I dont need religion or material posessions like giant trucks that need oil.

    While I so support Libertarianism in general, it would be stupid to allow giant companies to walk all over us just so they could profit. They follow no person ethics when dealing with "little people", so in that sense I am a "fellow traveler".
    Last edited by michijo; 07-01-14 at 06:26 PM.

  10. #80
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,151

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Somehow I doubt it, the 'need' for that toxic sludge will be exposed as frivolous, the domestic supply of higher quality crude will remain high. The contracts to send the Canadian 'oil' overseas will be multi-year, and Big Oil will sign some multi-national agreements to help develop Chinese refining capability with a possible eye on exporting our refinery jobs overseas...
    I would imagine much of that 'nasty' oil might be used in other products along the Gulf coast. Plastics, lubricants, etc..
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •