Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 86

Thread: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

  1. #51
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That's cool - I just wanted to clarify since my post #5 was getting reported a little bit broader than what I actually tried to share.
    Nothing against you, my man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    WAY TO GO BARRY!!!!!!!

    We damn sure don't need that toxic sludge crossing our nation! Fact is sweet crude was being diverted to make way for that chemical hot mess from our good friends to the North. Fact is all manner of pipelines are being built criss-crossing the same area as Keystone would but without the chemicals required to keep tar in suspension. (one such pipeline is crossing Cotton County OK as we type.)

    Plenty of the same jobs spread over a MUCH larger area, to a lot more companies and for a lot longer period of time.

    We have plenty of oil to refine without trying to deal with the worst of the worse!

    Big Oil overplayed their hand, let China mess with that crap.
    We damn sure don't need the jobs. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That was just referring to the impression that I didn't blame Obama for the pipeline not having been approved - he was actually to blame, since he made the decision not to decide for political, not economic or environmental reasons - I was just saying that Obama's involvement now is basically irrelevant because it's likely going to drag past his Presidency before it's decided.
    Obama's has many stated reasons for not moving forward on Keystone, none of them are political.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Where is America's far ****tier and far more greenhouse gas impactful coal going?

    We can discuss the economics of the issue, but the left's blind obsession with trying to convince people that the oilsands will destroy the world just proves how gullible and ignorant many on the left truly are.
    The issue with tar sands isn't it's impact on greenhouse gasses.
    Coal doesn't generally spill into rivers.
    The jobs that Keystone would generate would have been largely Canadian. There would not be any consequential impact on domestic gasoline prices and the US would be burdened with of ALL the environmental risk of an unproven product, pumped through untested pipelines over critical US water supplies and waterways.
    If Canada wants to sell their tar sand crap to Europe and Asia let them build their own pipeline over Canadian aquifers and get it to a Canadian port.
    The President protected Americans from a risk that brought no advantage to Americans and I am glad he did.

  5. #55
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The issue with tar sands isn't it's impact on greenhouse gasses.
    Coal doesn't generally spill into rivers.
    The jobs that Keystone would generate would have been largely Canadian. There would not be any consequential impact on domestic gasoline prices and the US would be burdened with of ALL the environmental risk of an unproven product, pumped through untested pipelines over critical US water supplies and waterways.
    If Canada wants to sell their tar sand crap to Europe and Asia let them build their own pipeline over Canadian aquifers and get it to a Canadian port.
    The President protected Americans from a risk that brought no advantage to Americans and I am glad he did.
    So you're another foolish progressive who thinks trains loaded with oil are safer than pipelines. And I guess you think the crude flowing from Canada to refineries in the US gulf just magically gets processed without Americans working in refineries, right? And I guess you think that oil producers in the US midwest who would also use the pipeline are all employing foreigners, right?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's only Obama's craven politicizing of the issue that has delayed the project, but America lets him get away with it, so not really his fault. It's like the Kardashians having a TV show - if there's an audience for the nonsense, someone will sell it.
    that's pretty funny, Obama has been cravenly politicizing the issue!

    We got an entire right wing working as PR hacks for a Canadian company's right to have a governmental power of imminent domain to build a pipeline across the U.S. to transport Canadian oil to U.S. refineries for shipment to the Far East. And just for the record it is also deep red state Nebraska, concerned about a pipeline over one of country's largest aquifers, who is also STILL DELAYING the project. Oh wait, here's a story in Bloomberg from Feb 2014. Obama Keystone Pipeline Review Roiled by Nebraska Judge - Bloomberg

    A Nebraska judge’s decision throwing out the Keystone XL pipeline route in the state may push President Barack Obama’s final decision on the contested project until after the midterm congressional elections.

    Judge Stephanie Stacy in Lincoln yesterday invalidated legislation that let Republican Governor Dave Heineman approve the route and bypass the state Public Service Commission. TransCanada Corp. (TRP) will need commission approval, a process that by state law can take seven months.
    ....
    “This means that if you are sitting in a TransCanada boardroom, you have a lot of variables out there, including the fact that you don’t have an approved pathway through a critical state,” Chris Lehane, a political aide with Steyer’s group, said today. “Even in a state like Nebraska, the politics of this are evolving.”
    But it's all Obama's fault, because that's what right wing lemmings hear on Fox all day. Can't make this stuff up.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He didn't explain anything for me. He expressed his point of view. The fact is, Obama is dragging his feet on the pipeline construction. He's 100% responsible for the pipeline not being built, right now, as we speak.
    Well, him and Nebraska, a red state, which still hasn't approved the route across their state. But don't let the facts bother you.

  8. #58
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    that's pretty funny, Obama has been cravenly politicizing the issue!

    We got an entire right wing working as PR hacks for a Canadian company's right to have a governmental power of imminent domain to build a pipeline across the U.S. to transport Canadian oil to U.S. refineries for shipment to the Far East. And just for the record it is also deep red state Nebraska, concerned about a pipeline over one of country's largest aquifers, who is also STILL DELAYING the project. Oh wait, here's a story in Bloomberg from Feb 2014. Obama Keystone Pipeline Review Roiled by Nebraska Judge - Bloomberg



    But it's all Obama's fault, because that's what right wing lemmings hear on Fox all day. Can't make this stuff up.
    Think what you want - deflect all you want - if you think Obama is an innocent bystander, you're his dream citizen and those who make money and political hay off the environment and the green scam are delighted you're around.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Think what you want - deflect all you want - if you think Obama is an innocent bystander, you're his dream citizen and those who make money and political hay off the environment and the green scam are delighted you're around.
    He's far from an innocent bystander. I was just pointing out that for some reason you failed to mention that Nebraska, a red state, still hasn't approved the route through that state and so is at least partly responsible for the delay.

    And it's another issue, but I don't think the concern over AGW is a scam, which puts me in good company, roughly all the career climate scientists who study the issue. I don't think the approval of Keystone or denial will make any difference because the oil is coming out and getting refined some way or another, but I don't dismiss the concerns of the environmentalists because they have SCIENCE on their side, as opposed to propaganda, that you've apparently bought into.

  10. #60
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Report: Canada Pulls Plug on Keystone Pipeline – Will Send Oil to Asia

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    He's far from an innocent bystander. I was just pointing out that for some reason you failed to mention that Nebraska, a red state, still hasn't approved the route through that state and so is at least partly responsible for the delay.

    And it's another issue, but I don't think the concern over AGW is a scam, which puts me in good company, roughly all the career climate scientists who study the issue. I don't think the approval of Keystone or denial will make any difference because the oil is coming out and getting refined some way or another, but I don't dismiss the concerns of the environmentalists because they have SCIENCE on their side, as opposed to propaganda, that you've apparently bought into.
    Well, you're simply wrong because Nebraska did approve the initial route, the Obama administration delayed the decision, an election was held in Nebraska where the route was an issue and Trans Canada Pipelines and the Nebraska government agreed to revisit and change the route, which they did, and the Nebraska government again approved the route. While Obama was playing with his March Madness picks and polishing his golf balls, environmental activists took the Nebraska government to court over a procedural technicality and a court agreed that it should be sent back to the legislature for review.

    Now, your US Supreme Court can be highly political but I've yet to see any comments that imply the Nebraska State Supreme Court is also ideological and political. The delays in process can all be laid at the feet of Obama and his administration for crash political reasons - he wanted/wants neither to upset the environmentalist and billionaire eco-nuts who largely funded his two elections nor his friends in the construction and oil patch unions. Obama has had numerous opportunities to approve the project - his State Department has approved it I believe three times after reviews and he's sat on his ass - so it's pretty rich now to blame a court in Nebraska for the project not being approved and to, by extension, try to blame that on Republicans.

    As for climate scientists being on Obama and the environmentalist's side as it relates to Keystone, that's just utter nonsense. Even those who believe deeply in AGW unanimously agree that transporting oil over pipelines is better for the environment than transporting it over train, truck, or tanker. In addition, the effects on the environment related to the oilsands are miniscule in relation to the 40% of energy the US gets from coal fired electricity and the obscene 80-90% that India and China produce out of their coal fired electricity plants, fueled primarily by Obama's 50% increase in the production and export of US coal.

    You can dance around and thump your chest all you want about this being about the environment, but we all know that's just nonsense.
    Last edited by CanadaJohn; 07-01-14 at 10:49 AM.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •