Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 186

Thread: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘promiscu

  1. #41
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The Wiki definition you link to states that it is a concept.


    Rape culture is a concept and essentially a myth dreamed up by radical feminists.

    The crime of rape is only commited by a few people which does not support the idea of a culture
    One might as well refer to a "persistant child molestation culture".



    oops -- I think I might have just given her some ideas...........
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    University of Tennessee fan here. this is a Vanderbilt football player. poor title!!
    `
    True. However the rules here state I must post the headline and actual article verbatim.

  3. #43
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    True. However the rules here state I must post the headline and actual article verbatim.
    yes, the rules do state that.

    another case of bad journalism.
    Go Vols

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,578

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You're saying that a defendant in a rape case should enjoy constitutional protections and actually require a case be proven beyond a reasonable doubt before they're convicted? What the matter with you? Clearly you're an apologist for the rape culture.
    i know i should be ashamed i will go lash myself 50 times with a wet noodle.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    1) Really? Cause what I'm seeing is a guy who is charged with a crime scrambling to attempt to put forward any kind of defense possible because he doesn't want to go up and go "Yep, guilty, throw the book at me" and because he likely has very little to stand on falls back on such a pathetic and unlikely to succeed argument.
    2) But I guess that wouldn't lend itself to the ever present need to polticize everything into a "womyns" issue from people like you desperate to always paint individual action as an immediete indictment on society at large.
    3) If this guy gets off on the basis that she's "promiscuous" then there's something to legitimately be angery about in terms of a failure in our court system. But people accused of crimes cobble together ****tastic long shot attempts at defenses all the time because its a better option than just walking into prison.
    `
    1) Yes...really. A good defense lawyer can and should use every tactic that is legally available in defense of their client. However, that does not preclude the idea that the jurisprudence the defense is using has been already been overturned.

    2) Insofar that nothing in the article or my replies makes this a gender war as you claim, your reaction is a red herring and overstated.

    3) You disagree with my opinion, fair enough, but nonetheless, this forum allows for such things, if I am not mistaken. I happen to reject your opinion. Horse a-piece.

  6. #46
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    i know i should be ashamed i will go lash myself 50 times with a wet noodle.
    If that isn't evidence of a persistant masochistapasta culture, I don't know what is!
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,578

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    If that isn't evidence of a persistant masochistapasta culture, I don't know what is!
    ok i will make it 100 times to make up for it as well.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    Civility in reasonable and earnest discourse does not always occur. Adieu Thom Paine
    `
    I apologize that you find a humorous idiom offensive.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    You better read up on the Duke lacrosse case. Apples and oranges due to mitigating circumstances.
    Wtf ever. The point was wait for more details till you get all pissy or you end up a fool like Nancy grace.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    1) Yes...really. A good defense lawyer can and should use every tactic that is legally available in defense of their client. However, that does not preclude the idea that the jurisprudence the defense is using has been already been overturned.


    Exactly. I think the defense is laughable and the idea behind it dispicable...but ultimately that is the justice system we have created in this country and how defense lawyers make their money and how people who pretty much are likely guilty but are seeking to beat the system are going to act. It's similar to the notion of having to deal with the Westboro jackasses as it relates to the first amendment. Is it annoying? Yes. Are they themselves worthy of condemnation? Yes. Is it right to attack SOCIETY as a whole because of it? No.

    2) Insofar that nothing in the article or my replies makes this a gender war as you claim, your reaction is a red herring and overstated.
    You did the moment you blamed this on the "rape culture" of "some men"...YOU interjected the notion of an "us vs them" gender war thing. There is no more reason to believe that this defense is being put forth because "some men" are into "rape culture" than it is because there are so few arguments available to them for his defense that they had to grasp one as poor as this.

    3) You disagree with my opinion, fair enough, but nonetheless, this forum allows for such things, if I am not mistaken. I happen to reject your opinion. Horse a-piece.
    Yes, you're allowed to post your opinion. I'm allowed to express why I disagree with your opinion. That's how this works.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •