Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 186

Thread: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘promiscu

  1. #21
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Nonsense. You cannot possibly assert that an unconscious person gave consent to have sex with multiple persons, no matter what their "lifestyle" was. Getting an entire jury to swallow that BS is hopefully impossible.
    That's what nullification is. It's the jury accepting that the case has been proven yet walks the guy anyway based on some other agenda. If you support nullification, that is what you're supporting. Can't just support it in the cases you agree with.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #22
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Interesting Mags, that you say this is "no laughing matter" yet think it's "fun" to presume guilt in a rape case. It's pretty obvious that when it's the guy, anything goes. When it's the girl, you're part of the rape culture if you even suggest looking at the woman's actions or suggesting she be responsible for any of her behavior. It's pretty frustrating.

    Yes, it's totally fine to blame us for "playing with fire" yet suggest that a woman is "playing with fire" by putting herself in a vulnerable spot and watch all hell break loose.
    I don't disagree with you. But it's the nature of this site. Remember, though, that the facts as presented state that the victim was unconscious. Given that information, who among us would say, "Oh, okay then, it's fine"?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Remember the Duke Lacrosse case? Let's wait for the trial before getting too excited.
    `
    You better read up on the Duke lacrosse case. Apples and oranges due to mitigating circumstances.

  4. #24
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Jury nullification is our right, X Factor. It's the very last line of defense against tyranny, in my opinion. Just as our "fair trial" rules let some guilty go free, so does jury nullification. It's the price we pay for freedom.
    Ok, so if the jury were to nullify based on this guy being a football hero, that would be all good with you?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Interesting Mags, that you say this is "no laughing matter" yet think it's "fun" to presume guilt in a rape case. It's pretty obvious that when it's the guy, anything goes. When it's the girl, you're part of the rape culture if you even suggest looking at the woman's actions or suggesting she be responsible for any of her behavior. It's pretty frustrating.

    Yes, it's totally fine to blame us for "playing with fire" yet suggest that a woman is "playing with fire" by putting herself in a vulnerable spot and watch all hell break loose.
    fact one there is no rape culture among men. this is a simple false hood.
    this is 2 people stupid drunk that have no clue about what they are doing or what they agree to.

    unless they slipped her a mickey then it is going to be a he said she said.
    if she was that drunk she can't remember then i would have a hard time saying that the boys did anything wrong.

    unless there is video tape or some record of what was done.
    then it changes.

    this isn't a defense of the boys but if you can't remember what you do or do not agree to and then pass out later and forget you can't really accuse someone of rape.
    you should never be that drunk to begin with.

  6. #26
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'll speak to your question, though not answering for Pantheoen's thought process.

    I think too many young men think it's just fine to have sex with a drunk. I can almost hear the process:

    "She asked for it."
    "What did she think was going to happen?"
    "She's the football team's blow-up doll."

    Now obviously it's not always wrong to have sex with a drunk. But there's a line; and one's conduct defines where the line is. Taking videos and stills; passing them from phone to phone; multiple partners; and, the most important of all, was she freakin' conscious? All tell a story.

    In this case, we're only hearing what the newspaper chose to print and how they chose to slant the story. Always dangerous. Many of us jump to the conclusion the media expects us to jump to. Some of us stand back and say, "Let's wait for more information." (See the thread on the little girl supposedly thrown out of a KFC for her disturbing facial appearance.) In defense of those who jump, what fun would the site be if we all said, "Hey! We don't have enough information. You're just hearing one side of the story."

    And, too, let's face it. "No" does not always mean "no," ladies. Guys have it tough, in my opinion. We really hold their feet to the fire now days. Guys have got to realize they're playing with fire in these instances. It's no laughing matter. It's "the rest of your life."
    Much of what you say may well be true and is very logical.

    However you ( unlike others ) accurately describe this as a way of thinking for some individuals.

    It is not a culture.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok, so if the jury were to nullify based on this guy being a football hero, that would be all good with you?
    i think there needs to be a trial. football players are not and should not be excempt from prosecution.

  8. #28
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok, so if the jury were to nullify based on this guy being a football hero, that would be all good with you?
    Really, X? You're going there? !!! 'Lil brat! No, it wasn't.

  9. #29
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Remember the Duke Lacrosse case? Let's wait for the trial before getting too excited.
    So one false accusation of rape means that all accusations are false?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #30
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't disagree with you. But it's the nature of this site. Remember, though, that the facts as presented state that the victim was unconscious. Given that information, who among us would say, "Oh, okay then, it's fine"?
    Well according to you, all (or most) men would say that, y'know being part of the rape culture we are. Let me know when false allegations of rape are something that concerns you or you'd be wiling to speak out as strongly against.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •