Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 186

Thread: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘promiscu

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    WTF are you talking about Jerry? There was no internet in the 1980s.
    If I'm not mistaken, this conversation is occurring over the internet right now. You are reading my words on the internet, and I am reading your words on the internet. You want me to just believe you, you want me to believe something I just read on the internet, because it's you who wrote it. Well, I don't know you, and so I have no reason to believe anything you say is true or real. You could be telling the truth, but I have no way of knowing...unless you post source material backing up what you've claimed.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Gee, Jerry, how many men have I met in my entire 52 years? Let's see. Shall I sit here for the next month and see if I can name every single man whose path I ever crossed?
    I don't know that you're 52 years old. I don't know you. I can't say I've even seen a picture of you in the Tavern Members Pic threads.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-25-14 at 04:02 PM.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    that is not evidence of many men. it is a small segment of all men. in fact it is the minority of all men. so her statement is nothing more than an appeal to emotion.
    Many is a non-specific quantity. The statistics indicate 3% of all american men are rapists. The US population has 151 million men...That means that there are at least three and a half million male rapists in the US.
    Is that many?
    Anyone including you would have to agree, that it is TOO many.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Of all the rapes and assaults which happen every day across America, why should anyone pay more attention to this case than another?
    `
    Good question. Why did you reply to it?

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And I've acknowledged, repeatedly, that it is my opinion but pointed out that based on your statements it's an opinion backed up with significant facts. The "repitition" has came in because you've been responding to that claim with information that is irrelevant to it, such as trying to prove that "rape culture" exists", which has caused me to have to repeat my position since your arguments show you didn't quite understand it the first time.
    `
    By all means, keep repeating yourself if that's what pleases you but it changes nothing.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    This is a speghetti-at-the-Wall defense. He will try anything to get his client off, evenif it doesn't make sense. If the judge accepted it, then you would have every reason to scream.
    `
    While you are free to voice your opinion, I am free to voice mine. You don't agree with my opinion on this, that's fine with me.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I wouldn't know. It seems others don't know, either. An OP should show that history as the pretext for the rant.
    `
    Of course you wouldn't know. May I suggest some reading that may enlighten you about the problem?
    The Campus Sexual Assault (CSA) Study

    `

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    Good question. Why did you reply to it?
    Because I thought it was a good question too.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    Of course you wouldn't know. May I suggest some reading that may enlighten you about the problem?
    The Campus Sexual Assault (CSA) Study

    `
    That would have been a great source to have in the OP.

    I would point out that your link says that sex with a woman who is drunk is still rape. I think that's some dangerous grey area.

  9. #129
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    `

    There are more than a few issues here; 1) The persistent rape culture amongst some men and the 2) proliferation of privileged and coddled life of star athletes in college who assume rape is a benefit. However, what I find offensive is the assumption that supposed promiscuity and drinking makes rape justifiable.
    `
    What with the nimber of false rape claims being so high, I'll wait until after this kid is convicted to be outraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,483

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    While you are free to voice your opinion, I am free to voice mine. You don't agree with my opinion on this, that's fine with me.
    How did you get that from my comment?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •