Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 186

Thread: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘promiscu

  1. #111
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The scumbag lawyer is just doing his scumbag lawyer job. That is how the system is supposed to work. It is the judge and jury's job to see that he is jumping the shark and that he is a scumbag. I wouldn't blame the lawyer.
    The fact that his defense even hints about the victim's promiscuity or drinking history indicates a very weak defense and that he is probably guilty.
    If the woman was a full time prostitute, a black-out drunk, married to the man and normally had sex with him five times a day, nonconsensual sex is still rape.
    I agree with most of that, except the part about it being the job. The job of the defense attorney is to legally represent their clients before the law. It is not (or should not be), as it has come to be known, to get their clients off even when they know they are guilty.

  2. #112
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,005

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Believe everything you read on the internet, do you? I don't. I've learned that people lie, and the only way to tell who's lying is to check their 'facts', and that requires having a look at their source material.

    How many is 'many', exactly? 2 books is literally a 'library'. 2 pistols is literally an 'arsenal'. 2 concurrent identical illnesses is an 'outbreak'. So when you say 'many men' do you mean 2 men? 4? 30% of your graduating class? How many?

    How many men did you actually know in the first place, to know you had a representative sample?
    WTF are you talking about Jerry? There was no internet in the 1980s. I said what I saw.

    And for the second time, Jerry, I said I had some specific examples that I saw, and unless I am the ONLY person in history to have seen examples for myself, I have to assume it was more than 5 men in history.

    Don't talk about pistols or illnesses, Jerry. We aren't talking about them.

    Gee, Jerry, how many men have I met in my entire 52 years? Let's see. Shall I sit here for the next month and see if I can name every single man whose path I ever crossed?

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Believe everything you read on the internet, do you? I don't. I've learned that people lie, and the only way to tell who's lying is to check their 'facts', and that requires having a look at their source material.

    How many is 'many', exactly? 2 books is literally a 'library'. 2 pistols is literally an 'arsenal'. 2 concurrent identical illnesses is an 'outbreak'. So when you say 'many men' do you mean 2 men? 4? 30% of your graduating class? How many?

    How many men did you actually know in the first place, to know you had a representative sample?
    Statistics on Sexual Violence
    The following statistics are based on national average.


    Statistics on Females
    Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.(U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey)
    1 out of 6 women have been victims of rape or attempted rape in their lifetime. (National Institute of Justice & Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.)
    38% of women who have been raped were ages 14-17. (PSU)
    60% of rapes/sexual assaults are not reported to the police. (U.S. Department of Justice)
    73% of sexual assaults were committed by a non-stranger. (U.S. Department of Justice)
    38% of rapists are a friend of acquaintance to the victim. (U.S. Department of Justice)
    92% of homeless women have experienced severe physical and or/sexual violence in their lifetime. (PCAR)
    Up to 38% of women identify sexual abuse as a reason for leaving their home. (PCAR)
    Statistics on Males
    An estimated 92,700 men are forcibly raped each year in the United States. (Tjadn & Thoemmes, 1998)
    3% of American men have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. (National Institute of Justice & Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.)
    In 2003, 1 in every 10 rape victims was male. (U.S. Department of Justice)
    Statistics on Children
    1 out of 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually assaulted by the time they are 18 years old. (Darkness to Light)
    15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12 and 44% are under age 18. (U.S. Department of Justice)
    93% of juvenile sexual assault victims know their attacker. (U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics)
    Girls ages 16-19 are 4 times more likely than the general population to be victims of rape, attempted rape, or sexual assault. (RAINN)
    The Center for Women and Families of Eastern Fairfield County, Inc. | Statistics on Sexual Assault

  4. #114
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,005

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    personal experience is ancedotal evidence which means it is meaningless. your limited experience with the millions of men in this world is meaningless.
    either provide a study or survey that suggest what you said is valid or retract it and apologize.
    Apologize for what? For repeating what I saw? OMG this is absurd.

    Bye.

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, I have no study, and I am a woman, so if you objected to my post, please direct it at me and not Jerry.

    I said what I said based on what I saw in over 30 years.
    then you said what you said out of ignorance. you have no proof to support your claim.

    i did object to your post that is why i asked you to back it up and you can't back it up.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Apologize for what? For repeating what I saw? OMG this is absurd.

    Bye.
    yes you should apologize for saying what you said. now that you got caught and can't support yourself you call it absurd. what was absurd is saying what you said.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, I have no study, and I am a woman, so if you objected to my post, please direct it at me and not Jerry.

    I said what I said based on what I saw in over 30 years.
    Using yourself as a source is to put yourself under the microscope. Just as debaters would dissect the internals and methods of a survey, or look into a journalist who published a report, if you use yourself as your source then we would look into you. Let's begin with your full legal name, the collage that you attended and your years of attendance.

    ***
    Just admit that this is just your opinion.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    that is not evidence of many men. it is a small segment of all men. in fact it is the minority of all men. so her statement is nothing more than an appeal to emotion.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Apologize for what? For repeating what I saw? OMG this is absurd.
    You never saw any such thing...unless you can prove it. You never went to collage....unless you can prove it. You aren't even a woman....unless you can prove it.

    Thus us the nature of debate.

  10. #120
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: TN football player wants rape case dismissed because unconscious victim was ‘prom

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    NB - However, what I find offensive is the assumption that supposed promiscuity and drinking makes rape justifiable. - That is the defense his lawyers are using.
    Is it?

    I don't know anything more about this case then what I read in the article you linked to but that certainly doesn't say that.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •