Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 273

Thread: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

  1. #171
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    your link confirms all we know about the CIA's actions. it's an apologist piece that claims our activity didn't work.
    To which the reply is: so what? The point was there was no support to terrorists.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #172
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    To which the reply is: so what? The point was there was no support to terrorists.
    your link merely agrees that the CIA was involved in several phases. Unless your link actually states we didn't arm terrorists, your link is of little use, other then adding more to my side.


    The New York Times recently leaked a CIA report on the 1953 American-British overthrow of Mosaddeq, Iran's Prime Minister. It billed the report as a secret history of the secret coup, and treated it as an invaluable substitute for the U.S. files that remain inaccessible. But a reconstruction of the coup from other sources, especially from the archives of the British Foreign Office, indicates that this report is highly sanitized. It glosses over such sensitive issues as the crucial participation of the U.S. ambassador in the actual overthrow; the role of U.S. military advisers; the harnessing of local Nazis and Muslim terrorists; and the use of assassinations to destabilize the government. What is more, it places the coup in the context of the Cold War rather than that of the Anglo-Iranian oil crisis—a classic case of nationalism clashing with imperialism in the Third World.[122]

  3. #173
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    your link merely agrees that the CIA was involved in several phases. Unless your link actually states we didn't arm terrorists, your link is of little use, other then adding more to my side.
    The usual nonsense. There were lots of imaginative ploys tried, but none could reasonably be called terrorism.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #174
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The usual nonsense. There were lots of imaginative ploys tried, but none could reasonably be called terrorism.
    sorry, the British release of intelligence has outed the truth. no stuffing the genie back in the bottle, as much as you want to continue to prey to your golden calf, men making military decisions are also infallible.

  5. #175
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    sorry, the British release of intelligence has outed the truth. no stuffing the genie back in the bottle, as much as you want to continue to prey to your golden calf, men making military decisions are also infallible.
    The British played their own game.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #176
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The British played their own game.
    9 out of 10 apologists agree.

    "it was those guys, not us" hahaha

  7. #177
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    9 out of 10 apologists agree.

    "it was those guys, not us" hahaha
    There's nothing for which to apologize.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #178
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There's nothing for which to apologize.
    I don't want my government to try to overthrow other nations democratically elected leaders, especially by arming terrorist

    YMMV

  9. #179
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I don't want my government to try to overthrow other nations democratically elected leaders, especially by arming terrorist

    YMMV
    As has already been demonstrated, Mossadegh was going down anyway.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #180
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    As has already been demonstrated, Mossadegh was going down anyway.
    your speculation was duly noted.

    the fact is, we did those things.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •