Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

  1. #41
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well.....they might want to consider adding the Ancient Astronaut Theory to the science curriculum then. Just sayin!
    Pseudoscience and fiction have no place in the science curriculum.

  2. #42
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    I've just spoken to my daughter (who is in her teens and attends a state school). The subject (creationism) was discussed in both RE and later in her Philosophy class. It was taught NOT as some fact just, as something some Christians believe.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  3. #43
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,028

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, that's why Historians do check with the Military with Associations to Governments belonging to Countries. More than likely why its been re-written several times already.
    Maybe, but that is not a proven fact. And why would they check with the military? And most if not all military is associated with governments belonging to countries. Or else they would be militia's and in a lot of countries militias are not legal.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Maybe, but that is not a proven fact. And why would they check with the military? And most if not all military is associated with governments belonging to countries. Or else they would be militia's and in a lot of countries militias are not legal.
    Because, like with the US they are the first to know most events concerning the country. Especially if advanced enough to cover their own Air Space.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,028

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Because, like with the US they are the first to know most events concerning the country. Especially if advanced enough to cover their own Air Space.
    But then we are only talking about the current situation, the military of today cannot give any information about the time before flight or radar. NASA might be a better source for warnings about visitors from outer space. As would be the European equivalent of NASA.

    And again, talking about re-writing history because of visitors from outer space is pure speculation IMHO.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But then we are only talking about the current situation, the military of today cannot give any information about the time before flight or radar. NASA might be a better source for warnings about visitors from outer space. As would be the European equivalent of NASA.

    And again, talking about re-writing history because of visitors from outer space is pure speculation IMHO.

    Who says they have to be visitors.....its science we may find out ourselves.

  7. #47
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Shouldn't school be the one place where children are not deliberately confused?

  8. #48
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    except it is done without evidence and thus has no place being taught as science.
    I never suggested that it should be taught as science or, for that matter, that science should be presented as religion, or that one precludes the possibility of the other.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Shouldn't school be the one place where children are not deliberately confused?
    They should be exposed to a variety of philosophies and ideas. If that confuses them, then perhaps they don't need to go into university level work.

    They shouldn't be told that creationism is science, or that it is an alternative theory to evolution, or anything else that has been proven false.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #50
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: UK bans Teaching of Creationism in Any school that receives Public Funding.....


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •