Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 349

Thread: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

  1. #1
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,203

    ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility | BARE NAKED ISLAM

    WSJ Sunni extremists in Iraq have occupied what was once Saddam Hussein’s premier chemical-weapons production facility, a complex that still contains a stockpile of old weapons, State Department and other U.S. government officials said. The capture of the chemical-weapon stockpile by the forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, known as ISIS or ISIL, the militant group that is seizing territory in the country, has grabbed the attention of the U.S.

    "We remain concerned about the seizure of any military site by the ISIL,” Jen Psaki, the State Department spokeswoman, said in a written statement. “We do not believe that the complex contains CW materials of military value and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to safely move the materials.”

    The takeover underscores the chaos gripping Iraq and the possibility that the growing Sunni rebellion could further destabilize the Middle East. Not lost on U.S. government and military officials is the irony that the latest chapter in a war designed to strip Iraq of chemical weapons could see radical Sunni extremists take control of that same stockpile.

    During the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s, Hussein used the Muthanna complex to make chemical weapons, including sarin, mustard gas, and VX (a nerve agent), according the Iraq Study Group, which conducted the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in the aftermath of the war. The Iraq Study group did find chemical munitions at Muthanna but determined that inspections by United Nations Special Commission, or Unscom, had ensured the facility was dismantled and remaining chemical stocks militarily useless and sealed in bunkers.

    snip


    CHEMICAL WEAPONS?? I was assured by scores of Leftists that there were no CW.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    CHEMICAL WEAPONS?? I was assured by scores of Leftists that there were no CW.
    In 2003 there wasn't anything of high value. Even the article says they don't believe there is anything in there of military value. That doesn't mean they can't use the material in there to make some dirty type of chemical weapon that could affect a small amount of people.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Hahahahahahaha, yea. The Four Horsemen are saddling up peeps. Time to watch the show.

  4. #4
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Anyone have a real source that claims weapons are there? I won't hold my breath.

    It's rabble rousing nonsense.


    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Hahahahahahaha, yea. The Four Horsemen are saddling up peeps. Time to watch the show.

  5. #5
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility | BARE NAKED ISLAM

    WSJ Sunni extremists in Iraq have occupied what was once Saddam Hussein’s premier chemical-weapons production facility, a complex that still contains a stockpile of old weapons, State Department and other U.S. government officials said. The capture of the chemical-weapon stockpile by the forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, known as ISIS or ISIL, the militant group that is seizing territory in the country, has grabbed the attention of the U.S.

    "We remain concerned about the seizure of any military site by the ISIL,” Jen Psaki, the State Department spokeswoman, said in a written statement. “We do not believe that the complex contains CW materials of military value and it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to safely move the materials.”

    The takeover underscores the chaos gripping Iraq and the possibility that the growing Sunni rebellion could further destabilize the Middle East. Not lost on U.S. government and military officials is the irony that the latest chapter in a war designed to strip Iraq of chemical weapons could see radical Sunni extremists take control of that same stockpile.

    During the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s, Hussein used the Muthanna complex to make chemical weapons, including sarin, mustard gas, and VX (a nerve agent), according the Iraq Study Group, which conducted the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in the aftermath of the war. The Iraq Study group did find chemical munitions at Muthanna but determined that inspections by United Nations Special Commission, or Unscom, had ensured the facility was dismantled and remaining chemical stocks militarily useless and sealed in bunkers.

    snip


    CHEMICAL WEAPONS?? I was assured by scores of Leftists that there were no CW.
    Well if the leftists were wrong, things just got a little more interesting.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #6
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    CHEMICAL WEAPONS?? I was assured by scores of Leftists that there were no CW.
    I bet they feel pretty silly now that an anonymous blogger says otherwise.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Anyone have a real source that claims weapons are there? I won't hold my breath.

    It's rabble rousing nonsense.







    Out of curiosity, where were the Chemical Weapons being used in Syria manufactured?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  8. #8
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,203

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Anyone have a real source that claims weapons are there? I won't hold my breath.

    It's rabble rousing nonsense.




    I thought you might ask;;

    Isis seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile | Drudge Retort

    It was also in the WSJ and the The Telegraph.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  9. #9
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I thought you might ask;;

    Isis seize Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons stockpile | Drudge Retort

    It was also in the WSJ and the The Telegraph.
    the articles also point out that the condition of these chemical weapons are deteriorating and are probably useless.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #10
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,203

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Well if the leftists were wrong, things just got a little more interesting.
    Apparently the CIA knows all about it.

    https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/...ap5_annxB.html
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •