Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 349

Thread: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

  1. #191
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    And if these remnants of weapons were so dangerous and Bush and Cheney knew exactly it was there (which is proven from the CIA report I just read), then why did they not destroy it themselves? If they were so dangerous, then why were they not destroyed when the US military was over there and could have done something about it.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #192
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,847

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Of course you don't.

    What you want to hear is that Saddam was awesome and that Iraq having WMD's was a lie.
    He was a murderous dictator.

    And whether Saddam had "WMD" or not, we'll probably never know. We never found them, most of Powell's presentation to the UN that sold the war to the American public was false or never confirmed, we never found any evidence of ongoing chemical or biological or nuclear programs, etc.

    I'm not a Bush fan but I know that is epic bull****..... How can someone gas the Kurds on live TV then turn around and tell the world he has no WMD's then they're found, no one cares because they want to believe in their political fantasies, then turn around and make excuses when rebels start using them?
    He absolutely HAD them, but of course after that was a war then years of inspections and sanctions.

    And how does my post relate - pretty simple - you claim one cannot rebuild a weapon or create one - yet I call bull**** and say it's happened numerous times and that I can throw lighting bolts at people if I wanted to just to prove that fact.
    ?

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,847

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    If you would actually follow the argument being made that would really help. I was responding to someone arguing that the justification was centered on Saddam's nuclear program. I stated there were many more reasons that that.
    Yes, the fear of biological or chemical weapons and another 9/11.

    This is a very odd statement. The Powell argument was that Saddam had violated many requirements of the cease fire agreement. UN Resolution 1441 is simply a reaffirmation of UN Resolutions 660,661, 678, etc. that were all terms of the original cease fire. The argument was about suspected stockpiles of weapons, unlawful capabilities to produce, unlawful attempts to reconstitute programs and blocking of UN teams from inspections of key Iraqi sites.

    By violating the terms of the cease fire Saddam had entered a war posture. That is all the justification needed for restarting the hot war.
    First of all, Powell didn't say, to the effect, "He might have weapons, he might have mobile labs capable.." He said the U.S. KNEW those things. A direct line was drawn between him having tose weapons and the safety of the U.S., we were told to fear another 9/11 if we didn't act, potentially a nuclear weapon. And we never found evidence for any of it. That was the 'justification' and it just wasn't true.

    The UN stuff, and you know this, was just the legal wrapping around the WMD allegations. Without the WMD allegations, there is no ground war.

  4. #194
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    The ISG (Iraq Survey Group) report did a most excellent job of that. Many online sources have it. The Faux reports, while attempting to ramp the threat up, do show how little was found. (did you read CP's links????) The 2007 CIA report is online. Rather than reinvent the wheel, go check for yourself... if you find a massive stockpile of ready to use Chems by all means post it....
    They did that survey report and addendum is from 2005. The CIA report you identified is from 2007.

    The date today is June 20, 2014. So you're claim then is the exact same chemicals and inventory exists. Is that your assumption given a 9 year old and 7 year old report?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,847

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    The argument that no WMD were found except for the ones that we found, but that they don't count, is a very poor argument.
    You can't sell a war based on the existence of military grade WMD existing, being distributed to commanders in the field, assert we know they have existing mobile production labs - see, there's one there, and over here are five sites we know store chemical weapons, etc. (reread what Powell told the UN), and then when we find NONE of that, but we do find some old, degraded, unusable except for 'dirty bomb' material, pretend that's enough to justify the war.

    If they told us old degraded stuff was the reason we went in, fine. That's not what was sold to the world.

  6. #196
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Oh yeah? How about this little gem at the end of the OP:
    Which in context of what he was saying, it was as it relates to the claims that there were no WMD's or that they lied that there were WMD's there.

    The OP, and anyone after it, did not make any argument as to whether or not this itself justified the invastion.

  7. #197
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    They did that survey report and addendum is from 2005. The CIA report you identified is from 2007.

    The date today is June 20, 2014. So you're claim then is the exact same chemicals and inventory exists. Is that your assumption given a 9 year old and 7 year old report?
    Do you suppose the stockpile increased in that period? Gas bombs made babies?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #198
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: ISIS in Iraq seizes control of Saddam Hussein’s chemical weapons facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    You've tested it and you know. Groovy.
    Not me. Pentagon.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #199
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If you have the parts - yes it's like building IKEA furniture if you're an engineer or have some background in engineering.

    You do realize a 15-year-old build a nuclear reactor in his shed right? (which was stupid btw because he almost died).

    If you have the right parts for a weapon - there will always be someone around to put it back together...... Someone built it didn't they? so what makes you think for a second someone couldn't rebuild it?

    Don't confuse engineer or design with build either...
    You do realize these weapons are obsolete. They no longer work! They are useless.


  10. #200
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ISIL seizes Saddam's chemical weapons plant

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you suppose the stockpile increased in that period? Gas bombs made babies?
    Way to step up! So you answer the question:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham
    They did that survey report and addendum is from 2005. The CIA report you identified is from 2007.

    The date today is June 20, 2014. So you're claim then is the exact same chemicals and inventory exists. Is that your assumption given a 9 year old and 7 year old report?
    Yes or no?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •