Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

  1. #31
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

    You have to love the irony of that first line..Seriously Dick, just STFU and go shoot some more friends and take your skanky daughter with you.

    Lol !

    He's right !

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Liz Cheney is a political animal. She has campaigned for national political office, she has been on numerous cable news networks as a "political commentator", and she has written numerous political opinion pieces for various newspapers. As such, people have a right to question her opinions, her commentary, and her conclusions publicly.

    For crying out loud, you act as if she was 13 years old and some tv shock-jock compared her photo to one of an ugly dog and said the dog was better looking....

    Oops, sorry, that was actually Rude Lintball talking about Chelsea Clinton when she was in 8th grade. I'm sure you were appropriately outraged at the time!
    Yeah and Malia could be 30 and you people would be going, "boo-hoo-hoo! Pickin' on 'at poor girl", so get a grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah and Malia could be 30 and you people would be going, "boo-hoo-hoo! Pickin' on 'at poor girl", so get a grip.
    Who cares? that's that's makes an individual not care?

    The difference between others and another is the fact that once cares and the other doesn't give a **** because they're educated and aren't making opinionated junk based on facts but rater FACTS.

    Truth is some people just want to be reassured of their positions - regardless the facts - the facts are never important but the idea or philosophy is.

  4. #34
    Educator

    WillyPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Amazing how many people seem to think that if the U.S. had not invaded Iraq that everything would be wonderful in the Middle East today.

    Have they forgotten

    1) Saddam Hussein was responsible for the deaths of nearly TWO MILLION people (and yeah, I can provide a source on that)
    2) Saddam Hussein had invaded two of his neighbors and launched ballistic missiles into four of them.
    3) Saddam Hussein required near continuous U.S. patrolling to contain for TWELVE years

    Plus

    4) Saddam Hussein required at least three significant U.S. bombing campaigns in the 1990s to "contain".

    5) Saddam Hussein continually attacked the Kurds in the north and the Shi'ites in the south of Iraq requiring the U.S. and British to provide near constant no fly zone protection.

    How is that "stability"?
    I'm thinking the fly zones were the beginning of the mistake in policy. They provided the opportunity\excuse to go back in later.

    In hindsight, I think it would have played out better to just gut their military in 1991 to the point that overthrow would have worked and then backed off, letting the Iraqis hash out a new government amongst themselves, and dealt with the winners. This is before outside terrorists had come in, so MAYBE we would have gotten a popular government running things. If we had to gut them 2-3 times before we found someone acceptable, I believe we still would have come out ahead, compared to where we are now.

    Such a "hit and quit" type approach may have made AQ rethink 9/11, since that wouldn't have liked that response quite so much as what they got.
    Last edited by WillyPete; 06-19-14 at 10:12 AM.

  5. #35
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    1) Saddam Hussein launched the invasion of Iran in 1980 that started a war that killed or injured TWO million people

    2) The U.S. did not put Saddam Hussein for the Baath regime in power. At best we tolerated them as the "lesser of two evils".

    3) Henry Kissinger after the Iran/Iraq War began referred to it by quoting Churchill regarding Germany's invasion of the Soviet Union.

    "Pity they both can't lose"-which was a good summary of American opinions regarding Iraq.

    4) The Iraqi military used mainly Soviet and some French weapons systems. There is not a single significant weapons system used by Iraq during the time of Saddam Hussein that was built or licensed by the United States. Same for his WMD programs.

    5) Even assuming U.S. "support" for Saddam Hussein over Iran during that war, that in no way makes the U.S. morally responsible for Saddam Husseins later atrocities and actions. No more than supporting Stalin over Hitler makes the U.S. responsible for the atrocities and actions of the Soviet Union.

    6) Has it occurred to any of you the complete FREAKING INSANITY of you saying good things about Saddam Hussein while condemning a U.S. president (George W. Bush).?

  6. #36
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah and Malia could be 30 and you people would be going, "boo-hoo-hoo! Pickin' on 'at poor girl", so get a grip.
    That is not only an idiotic thing to say, it literally makes no sense in conjunction with my post. If you have no sensible response, silence is usually best.

  7. #37
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not going to take cheap shots at someone's kids. Sorry I'm more honorable than that.
    His daughter did run for Senate (I think it was Senate, anyway). Once you throw your hat in the ring, you lose the free pass.

    When Malia runs for office, she'll be open too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #38
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah and Malia could be 30 and you people would be going, "boo-hoo-hoo! Pickin' on 'at poor girl", so get a grip.
    When and if she runs for office, she's open for cheap shots.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #39
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    1) Saddam Hussein launched the invasion of Iran in 1980 that started a war that killed or injured TWO million people

    2) The U.S. did not put Saddam Hussein for the Baath regime in power. At best we tolerated them as the "lesser of two evils".

    3) Henry Kissinger after the Iran/Iraq War began referred to it by quoting Churchill regarding Germany's invasion of the Soviet Union.

    "Pity they both can't lose"-which was a good summary of American opinions regarding Iraq.

    4) The Iraqi military used mainly Soviet and some French weapons systems. There is not a single significant weapons system used by Iraq during the time of Saddam Hussein that was built or licensed by the United States. Same for his WMD programs.

    5) Even assuming U.S. "support" for Saddam Hussein over Iran during that war, that in no way makes the U.S. morally responsible for Saddam Husseins later atrocities and actions. No more than supporting Stalin over Hitler makes the U.S. responsible for the atrocities and actions of the Soviet Union.

    6) Has it occurred to any of you the complete FREAKING INSANITY of you saying good things about Saddam Hussein while condemning a U.S. president (George W. Bush).?

    I have nothing good to say about Saddam, but the Reagan administration's support of him and the Muhajadeen was pretty significant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #40
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Cheney rips Obama over foreign policy in op-ed

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I have nothing good to say about Saddam, but the Reagan administration's support of him and the Muhajadeen was pretty significant.
    IIRC, what Saddam Hussein got in the way of support from the Reagan Admin. was some satellite intelligence and I believe the U.S. approved a third party selling Iraq cluster bombs.

    You could argue that in terms of weapons we "supported" Iran more (Hawk missiles).

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •