Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 104

Thread: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    this increase is very minor when you consider the ups and downs of the price of gas in the past decade.

    check this out. this affected ME!!

    Gas prices head toward $5; continued supply problems expected Knoxville News Sentinel
    yep and it went back down during that time as well. gas could head that direction again given the situation in Iraq which is why the pipeline was needed to be built.
    that would have saved on the impact.

    a 12 cent increase that never goes away isn't very minor in the long run. more so when gas prices are already going up.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    the federal government wants to increase taxes.

    i'm utterly shocked.


    whatever, I can afford it.... middle class and poor folks, well, that's another story

  3. #53
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the federal government wants to increase taxes.

    i'm utterly shocked.


    whatever, I can afford it.... middle class and poor folks, well, that's another story
    Won't stop me from driving bad ass Betty.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKohler View Post
    Won't stop me from driving bad ass Betty.
    excellent....

    the good news is, maybe traffic will be a bit lighter.

    hell, raise gas taxes to 5 bucks a gallon, i'll still drive... on nice open ,empty roads.... driving is a privilege after all, not everyone can afford privilege.. the government won't let them.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yep and it went back down during that time as well. gas could head that direction again given the situation in Iraq which is why the pipeline was needed to be built.
    that would have saved on the impact.

    a 12 cent increase that never goes away isn't very minor in the long run. more so when gas prices are already going up.
    it should cost the average driver an additional 70 bucks a year ( going by average MPG and average miles driven)....roughly, an additional 6 bucks a month over what they spend now.( which is about 2 grand a year)

  6. #56
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    As long as the money doesn't go to training lobsters to run on a treadmill or the mating habits of the Oregon grey weasel and really is used for the roads and isn't co-opted by dip****s who need to build a new pier to get re-elected in some section of Mississippi that no one's ever heard of - fine.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    it should cost the average driver an additional 70 bucks a year ( going by average MPG and average miles driven)....roughly, an additional 6 bucks a month over what they spend now.( which is about 2 grand a year)
    correction it will cost them more than that per year. shipping and trucking companies aren't going to take the loss they are going to pass those costs onto consumers.
    the cost is going to be more than what it costs them as well.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    As long as the money doesn't go to training lobsters to run on a treadmill or the mating habits of the Oregon grey weasel and really is used for the roads and isn't co-opted by dip****s who need to build a new pier to get re-elected in some section of Mississippi that no one's ever heard of - fine.
    you don't have a say either way...and yes, some of that money will go to incredibly wasteful, corrupt, and stupid ****....

    don't like it?... well, tough ... the ruling elite don't give a **** what you like , want, or need.

    ain't it a grand country we live in?

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    correction it will cost them more than that per year. shipping and trucking companies aren't going to take the loss they are going to pass those costs onto consumers.
    the cost is going to be more than what it costs them as well.
    that's true, i was only talking about direct costs..... indirect costs are beyond me.
    i wouldn't doubt indirect costs will outweigh direct costs, but i got no numbers to back that up.

  10. #60
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Senators propose 12-cent gas tax increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the federal government wants to increase taxes.
    Two United States Senators from different parties wanting to do this--first time since 1993.
    A bi-partisan approach we've all been asking for--OMG.
    A transportation bill long overdue.

    I didn't mind paying eight dollars total in two tolls on I-44 in Oklahoma from Joplin to Oklahoma City, GOP country.
    I believe in tolls and taxes, since I use the interstates and local roads .
    Physics is Phun

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •