Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 217

Thread: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers [W:79, 167:196:216]

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    Now your into dialogue.

    Is it alarming for me? Considering I teach a police academy for a living and graduate 70 new cops every year of course it does. The facts how ever do not illustrate any political movements and your OP tried to link a political movement to the violence. I think that is a fraud, a lie, and seriously disnegenous to suggest that of birthers. Now for reference I've never been a birther but when Hilda brought it up I thought it funny.

    These sick people acted out of hatred, and when one uses that (as you did) to attack others politically I feel they should enjoy the same treatment.


    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    The title of my original post in this forum, is where I link to this article written by someone else.

    Focus.

    You really want to make this personal, don't you?

    Fact is, 4 instances of people with political obsessions going nutty and shooting law enforcement officers in last two weeks.

    Is that not alarming to you?

  2. #152
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,881

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Now your into dialogue.

    Is it alarming for me? Considering I teach a police academy for a living and graduate 70 new cops every year of course it does. The facts how ever do not illustrate any political movements and your OP tried to link a political movement to the violence. I think that is a fraud, a lie, and seriously disnegenous to suggest that of birthers. Now for reference I've never been a birther but when Hilda brought it up I thought it funny.

    These sick people acted out of hatred, and when one uses that (as you did) to attack others politically I feel they should enjoy the same treatment.
    So, when people go to Bundy ranch and point weapons at cops, you are outraged and think they should be arrested, right?

    Yes, these people are sick. When they do it out of political ideology, left or right, it is even more sick, because they have been indoctrinated in the baloney that made them so obsessed they would shoot a cop.

    Fact is, we have had 4 such cases of nuts who went off the deep end and shot cops in the last few weeks, and they all seem to be of the same angry, nutty, conspiracy minded stripe. If you can't acknowledge just this fact (all other debate and screaming notwithstanding), then there is no way to have a civil debate with you.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
    -Mark Twain

  3. #153
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 09:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,475

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I said the Birchers were mainly an anti communist group

    from the article you quoted-the first line (introduction)


    Is an American political advocacy group that supports anti-communism and limited government.[1][2][3][4][5] It has been described as radical right


    from the first line after VALUES

    the organization claims to identify with Christian principles, seeks to limit governmental powers, and opposes wealth redistribution, and economic interventionism. It opposes collectivism, totalitarianism, and communism. It opposes socialism as well, which it asserts is infiltrating U.S. governmental administration. In a 1983 edition of Crossfire, Congressman Larry McDonald (D-Georgia), then its newly appointed president, characterized the society as belonging to the Old Right rather than the New Right.[13]
    Your claim about Birchers doesn't negate my claim that Cole is most likely a Bircher.

    All you have to do is connect the dots. Notice the direct line from Birchers...to Skousen...to the 9/12 project....to the tea party....and to the libertarian Koch's. Glenn Beck was at the center of the Bircher awakening.


  4. #154
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,837

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Your claim about Birchers doesn't negate my claim that Cole is most likely a Bircher.

    All you have to do is connect the dots. Notice the direct line from Birchers...to Skousen...to the 9/12 project....to the tea party....and to the libertarian Koch's. Glenn Beck was at the center of the Bircher awakening.

    I find it hilarious that the people who spend the most time talking about Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity on this and other politics boards are not the supposed fans and followers of these three entertainers, but the lefties who think every conservative was a socialist until their minds were corrupted by those three



  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    However none of these nuts did this out of their politics, in conjunction with others for political gain. They are just nuts. You are the only one (well you and the left extreme) who want to use their political affiliations (which you hate) so what does that make you? It makes you one who uses the violent acts of people who are nuts into a political case.

    The shooter in the Colorado theater....an occupy follower.
    The two cop killers in Vegas....occupy activist.
    The mentally disturbed kid in Santa Barbara a liberal democrat

    Sadly most of these disturbed people are anti everything. A lot to the left and a lot to the right, but their politics aren't the reason they are killing. Their craziness is. You don't see birthers running to defend the Cole defendant and killing others, and I don't see lots of occupies out trying to kill more either. When are YOU going to stop playing political games with these tragedies? If you don't want to stop then own your own.


    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    So, when people go to Bundy ranch and point weapons at cops, you are outraged and think they should be arrested, right?

    Yes, these people are sick. When they do it out of political ideology, left or right, it is even more sick, because they have been indoctrinated in the baloney that made them so obsessed they would shoot a cop.

    Fact is, we have had 4 such cases of nuts who went off the deep end and shot cops in the last few weeks, and they all seem to be of the same angry, nutty, conspiracy minded stripe. If you can't acknowledge just this fact (all other debate and screaming notwithstanding), then there is no way to have a civil debate with you.

  6. #156
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,881

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    However none of these nuts did this out of their politics, in conjunction with others for political gain. They are just nuts. You are the only one (well you and the left extreme) who want to use their political affiliations (which you hate) so what does that make you? It makes you one who uses the violent acts of people who are nuts into a political case.

    The shooter in the Colorado theater....an occupy follower.
    The two cop killers in Vegas....occupy activist.
    The mentally disturbed kid in Santa Barbara a liberal democrat

    Sadly most of these disturbed people are anti everything. A lot to the left and a lot to the right, but their politics aren't the reason they are killing. Their craziness is. You don't see birthers running to defend the Cole defendant and killing others, and I don't see lots of occupies out trying to kill more either. When are YOU going to stop playing political games with these tragedies? If you don't want to stop then own your own.
    Two killers in Vegas....Bundy ranch activists, you always seem to leave that out.

    If you have photos or video of the Vegas killers at an occupy protest, I'd like to see them, I haven't seen anything linking them except for a like on their facebook page and someone claiming something on Breitbart. But, I have video and pictures of them at Bundy, Jerad in particular, patrolling with someone's AR-15. I'm guessing they felt more at home at Bundy ranch.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
    -Mark Twain

  7. #157
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,526

    re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers [W:79, 167]

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post

    In any shooting incident, the first question that comes to mind is: Is the suspect a birther?
    Maybe in your mind, but this is a strange, strange premise. Believe me when I tell you that this isn't the first...or second or third...question that comes to most people's minds.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    I leave it out for it's not true. You should know I oppose Bundy and have from day one, but to the credit of his followers they sent the two occuppiers packing almost immediately. You continuously ignore that.

    It is now clear to me your nothing but a leftist zealot. You are full of hatred and want to apply the violent acts of sick people to causes you hate. So it's time for some crow. Your followers are cop killers and murderers and you should wear their label permanently.

    The photos of them at the occupy protest are in the MSM ignores the cop killers were occupy members thread under media bias. It is confirmed by occupy organizers.


    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Two killers in Vegas....Bundy ranch activists, you always seem to leave that out.

    If you have photos or video of the Vegas killers at an occupy protest, I'd like to see them, I haven't seen anything linking them except for a like on their facebook page and someone claiming something on Breitbart. But, I have video and pictures of them at Bundy, Jerad in particular, patrolling with someone's AR-15. I'm guessing they felt more at home at Bundy ranch.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,682

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    so you approve of guilt by association... ok, now we know.
    Laughing, more weak CON dodge.

    Just pointing out the double standard that runs through the extreme right wing apologists. Every 'libbo' is of the same cloth as the craziest one a CON can drag in here but every crazy CON is just spontaneous generation- no rabid right wing inciting, a 'one-off', no trend to profile future right wing 'revolutionaries'...

    Throw in a few more extremists who refuse to accept the same document the Army accepted for enlistment (certified copy of a birth certificate) and the wing nut who thinks a C average legacy student 'earned' his ivy league education but a black guy is there and a honors graduate is somehow faked for affirmative action....

    It isn't guilt by association, it is example after example that a few CON apologists try and spin away....

  10. #160
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,837

    Re: Suspected: Birther shoots two law enforcement officers

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Laughing, more weak CON dodge.

    Just pointing out the double standard that runs through the extreme right wing apologists. Every 'libbo' is of the same cloth as the craziest one a CON can drag in here but every crazy CON is just spontaneous generation- no rabid right wing inciting, a 'one-off', no trend to profile future right wing 'revolutionaries'...

    Throw in a few more extremists who refuse to accept the same document the Army accepted for enlistment (certified copy of a birth certificate) and the wing nut who thinks a C average legacy student 'earned' his ivy league education but a black guy is there and a honors graduate is somehow faked for affirmative action....

    It isn't guilt by association, it is example after example that a few CON apologists try and spin away....
    1) can you show Bush was treated any differently than similarly situated Andover Graduates with the same scores by Yale at the time he applied

    2) can you claim that white students with no honors normally were accepted at harvard Law School at the time Obama applied?

    Oh BTW even Obama admitted he was a beneficiary of affirmative action.

    and BTW what does this rant have to do with the topic.

    its idiotic to blame the right or the left for psychotic killers. a person who shoots democrat party congress ladies in the head and kill GOP appointed Judges in the same shooting spree is obviously a complete nut case rather than someone who is targeting people due to politics. Same with the Aurora killer, Lanza, and these two idiots who murdered cops

    they are psychotic nuts-not political jihadists



Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •