Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 340

Thread: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

  1. #321
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    WOW. So out of touch.
    I'll admit I'm out of touch with popular opinion in that my suggestion would not be welcomed with open arms by the general populous, but what exactly is incorrect about my statement. If its extremely easy to become a citizen here, why will people want to immigrate here illegally, minus violent criminals?

  2. #322
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    I'll admit I'm out of touch with popular opinion in that my suggestion would not be welcomed with open arms by the general populous, but what exactly is incorrect about my statement. If its extremely easy to become a citizen here, why will people want to immigrate here illegally, minus violent criminals?
    1) it should never be easy to immigrate here. If you let people flood in, you screw up the economy. It's a jobs vs population vs government spending to support those without jobs.

    2) it is the policies and statements of the current president, that has made everyone down south think we will accept them and not send them back, that is why we are having this massive influx. In other words, they think there will be amnesty, thus they are rushing to get here.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #323
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    1) it should never be easy to immigrate here. If you let people flood in, you screw up the economy. It's a jobs vs population vs government spending to support those without jobs.
    That ignores the facts. Amnesty for undocumented immigrants opens up more money for tax revenue, so despite the increased population to accommodate, the government has more resources to accommodate its people. In addition, deporting illegal immigrants, which is what I believe you would prefer to do based on a previous post you made in this thread, would simply destroy many southwestern economies for documented and undocumented citizens alike. (see link)

    L.A. County Economy Would Shrink by More Than $100 Billion If All Illegal Immigrants Were Deported, Says UCLA Report | The Informer | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly

    2) it is the policies and statements of the current president, that has made everyone down south think we will accept them and not send them back, that is why we are having this massive influx. In other words, they think there will be amnesty, thus they are rushing to get here.
    We seem to have a disagreement on legal immigration; streamlining the immigration process to make it easier to become and granting amnesty will discourage illegal immigration, but it will encourage legal immigration, which you seem to view as a bad thing.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    That ignores the facts.
    Uh, no. It is a reality. When we do not have enough work for the citizens of the nation, to flood our nation with new people is a BAD idea. There will be no new 'tax revenue' because the people will not be working.

    As to the lat times and UCLA … LOL. Left leaning agenda driven crap, nothing more.


    granting amnesty will discourage illegal immigration, but it will encourage legal immigration, which you seem to view as a bad thing.
    Repeating the same incorrect thing again will not make it true. The reason we are having this explosion of people illegally crossing the border is because they think they will be granted amnesty. Thus the idea of amnesty brings more illegal immigration.

    The last part you put there is utter nonsense, nowhere did I say or suggest such a thing. Quick making crap up and stick to what was actually said.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  5. #325
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Uh, no. It is a reality. When we do not have enough work for the citizens of the nation, to flood our nation with new people is a BAD idea. There will be no new 'tax revenue' because the people will not be working.
    Do you have any evidence to suggest that someone's decision to immigrate here illegally means they will refuse to work?

    As to the lat times and UCLA … LOL. Left leaning agenda driven crap, nothing more.
    lol at denying facts you disagree with.

    Repeating the same incorrect thing again will not make it true. The reason we are having this explosion of people illegally crossing the border is because they think they will be granted amnesty. Thus the idea of amnesty brings more illegal immigration.
    You cut out the part where I said streamline the immigration system. Our system of making it extremely difficult to become a citizen means that people are willing to risk illegal immigration to cross the border. Minus fugitives, who has the incentive to immigrate illegally when legal immigration is easy and simple?

    The last part you put there is utter nonsense, nowhere did I say or suggest such a thing. Quick making crap up and stick to what was actually said.
    Then explain this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    1) it should never be easy to immigrate here.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    I think the greatest flaw in our immigration policy is that we make it so easy to become an undocumented immigrant, as opposed to a legal immigrant. If we streamline the immigration process and grant amnesty to illegal immigrants, there will be far less motivation to immigrate illegally. And it's a no brainer that these accusations need to be investigated, regardless of citizenship.



    The Constitution Party is calling for a moratorium on immigration, actually. I'd bet there were many Republican voters who would favor their party endorsing this policy as well, if it weren't for losing moderate voters.



    Indeed. I'd be curious as to why so many Canadians would be interested in moving to a nation where their healthcare is not free and they must genuinely worry about crime.
    How do you think granting amnesty to illegal immigrants would discourage illegal immigration? I don't get it.

  7. #327
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How do you think granting amnesty to illegal immigrants would discourage illegal immigration? I don't get it.
    That alone won't. I want to do this in combination with streamlining the immigration process. If we show potential and current immigrants that we are not going to be hostile to them by making it easier to become a legal citizen, they will have more incentive to come legally than illegally.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    That alone won't. I want to do this in combination with streamlining the immigration process. If we show potential and current immigrants that we are not going to be hostile to them by making it easier to become a legal citizen, they will have more incentive to come legally than illegally.
    And how would you streamline the process? What about the process CAN be streamlined when we have loads of waiting immigrants and not enough people to process them all in a timely fashion.

  9. #329
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And how would you streamline the process? What about the process CAN be streamlined when we have loads of waiting immigrants and not enough people to process them all in a timely fashion.
    It's currently very difficult to become a citizen, even if you immigrate legally. We should be accepting anyone into our country who is not a violent criminal. We also need to reduce requirements to become a citizen in order for this to occur. Under the current system, if we stopped denying people access into the country, you're correct that we would be overwhelmed, which is why we need to abandon the majority of programs which attempt to "integrate" immigrants into our society.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Immigrant Children Raped, Punched, Kicked in Border Patrol Custody: Complaint

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    1. It's currently very difficult to become a citizen, even if you immigrate legally.
    2. We should be accepting anyone into our country who is not a violent criminal.
    3. We also need to reduce requirements to become a citizen in order for this to occur.
    4. Under the current system, if we stopped denying people access into the country, you're correct that we would be overwhelmed, which is why we need to abandon the majority of programs which attempt to "integrate" immigrants into our society.
    1. Why should we do that? I disagree. We should only allow those in who can contribute to the community/economy.
    2. Absolutely not, there are general public health concerns, and I don't really want ANY criminals being allowed citizenship in our country, violent or not. We have enough home grown ones, thank you.
    3. Why would we do that? We want the best of the best, not a bunch of slouches.
    4. I couldn't disagree with you more. None of your ideas help America.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •