Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Despite trying to say it's all Obama, the mess wouldn't exist without Bush. The only relatively viable foil to Iran was Saddam. Nobody else outside of Israel has the military to compete.

    I'm not saying that Saddam was a good guy or should have been in power. But when you install a democracy in a shiite-majority country (with major sectarian problems) right next to Iran....it really doesn't take a genius to figure out what could happen.


    Mornin' 88 Well they were wrong to go in.....but the bigger mess comes with not finishing the job.

    Look both sides people overseas have been outwitted and outplayed. But bottomline is BO knew this was going on in Iraq All last year. He knew even when he released the Taliban leaders. he also knew all that was going on in Syria.....didn't he? He knew what aid he gave was going to ISIS and al Nusra. He knew 88.....people have to get off the prior mistakes.

    2 wrongs isn't going to make it Right.

    But now all the lives damaged and paid for, everything brought to that point. Would be a slap in the face of ALL who went to get rid of a Madman.

    Which says nothing about the political vacuum being left Open for Russia to refill what they had lost.

  2. #22
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    No! Iran has denied this and I trust them more than the Mainstream Media. The Media is always projecting some agenda supplied by the Intelligence Agencies instead of honest reporting by personnel in the field. Stenographers and presstitutes, per usual.

  3. #23
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I didn't open the link American, but was this happening just today? I mean cheese man, if it is, why did he (Malaki) wait so darn long!!??

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    No! Iran has denied this and I trust them more than the Mainstream Media. The Media is always projecting some agenda supplied by the Intelligence Agencies instead of honest reporting by personnel in the field. Stenographers and presstitutes, per usual.
    Heya DF. What do you mean Iran denies this. They Admit they are in Iraq. They have warned others to not militarily intervene.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I don't have a problem with Obama's comments here. When you have a trained Iraqi army abandoning their equipment and posts against Al-Qaeda without even putting up a fight, I don't want U.S. troops in there. If they don't want to defend their freedom at all, then there is no reason U.S. troops should be sent there.
    Problem is Right for the moment.....that ISIS picked up 72 tanks and a bunch of Humvees. Their no longer just a group. Their an Army.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Problem is Right for the moment.....that ISIS picked up 72 tanks and a bunch of Humvees. Their no longer just a group. Their an Army.
    And had the Iraqi Army fought, they wouldn't have had that. I agree they're equipped like an Army now. The question is, why is it our problem? We trained the Iraqi troops, we equipped them, they ran.

    Why should the U.S. send more troops to help defend a people that don't want to defend anything themselves?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And had the Iraqi Army fought, they wouldn't have had that. I agree they're equipped like an Army now. The question is, why is it our problem? We trained the Iraqi troops, we equipped them, they ran.

    Why should the U.S. send more troops to help defend a people that don't want to defend anything themselves?
    considering the fact that Maliki was supported by the iranian government, why should we do anything to help the iranians extract themselves from the mess they made?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And had the Iraqi Army fought, they wouldn't have had that. I agree they're equipped like an Army now. The question is, why is it our problem? We trained the Iraqi troops, we equipped them, they ran.

    Why should the U.S. send more troops to help defend a people that don't want to defend anything themselves?


    Oh, I thought you seen where I said this wasn't just our problem. This is everyones problem. They are not that far from being held off from a couple of International Airports. Plus now they can shoot planes out of the sky. Civilian planes.

    Other Countries are dickin around too. People should have been moving as 3 days ago to make sure they don't take those Airports.
    Last edited by MMC; 06-16-14 at 11:36 AM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Oh, I thought you seen where I said this wasn't just our problem. This is everyones problem. They are not that far from being held off from a couple of International Airports. Plus now they can shoot planes out of the sky. Civilian planes.

    Other Countries are dickin around too. People should have been moving as 3 days ago to make sure they don't take those Airports.
    And when we get an agreement with not only the Iraqi government, but supporting governments than I would consider it. But you know darn well we are always the burdened country to support troops. That has to stop.

    And if the Iraqi government wants Iranian help or at the very least doesn't oppose it, it isn't a problem we should just arbitrarily intervene in.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    considering the fact that Maliki was supported by the iranian government, why should we do anything to help the iranians extract themselves from the mess they made?
    We shouldn't unless the Iraqi government asks for our help AND we get other countries involved. We are not the world police nor should we act like it. We can no longer afford it with money and lives.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •