Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56

Thread: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    05-02-16 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,809

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Seems like they are actually trying to clean up the mess.
    Obama RELEASED warlord head of ISIS extremist army five years ago | Mail Online

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    From the Guardian.....According to Reuters there are no talks with the US and Iran going on with this matter for the moment. So I am wondering what BO and his Team are saying about the Iranians in Iraq and setting defense for Baghdad.


    Residents offered little reaction to Barack Obama's statement late on Friday in which he appeared to condition renewed US military support on Iraqi leaders first making efforts to pull the country back from the brink. The US and Iran, foes throughout the US occupation of Iraq, share a common interest in defeating Isis, and Iran has so far expressed no opposition to US threats to send military support to Maliki.

    Rouhani, asked at a televised press conference on Saturday whether Tehran could work with the US to tackle Isis, said: "We can think about it if we see America starts confronting the terrorist groups in Iraq or elsewhere. We all should practically and verbally confront terrorist groups."

    Reuters reported US officials as saying there were no contacts taking place with Iran over the crisis in Iraq.....snip~

    Do you think this is coming as a surprise to BO and his Team with the Iranians seeing BO hesitate.

  3. #13
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Of course it does. If we hadn't gone in and installed a shiite led government, they wouldn't be doing this.

    Now conservatives are getting all up in arms because we're not doing enough to support said government. Which is supported by Iran.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course it does. If we hadn't gone in and installed a shiite led government, they wouldn't be doing this.

    Now conservatives are getting all up in arms because we're not doing enough to support said government. Which is supported by Iran.
    the ironic thing is how conservatives don't see how this mess in iraq is actually a problem for iran.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    the ironic thing is how conservatives don't see how this mess in iraq is actually a problem for iran.
    Even more Ironic is how liberals don't seem to realize how this Problem all came about and from BO's inaction and being indecisive. As well as completely incompetent when it comes to his Foreign policy.

    Also that at this moment.....how he has no plans. No focus and is considering working with Iran. Thinking he will be able to get them to break over their Nuke talks and better relations between us. He has been wrong.....on Libya, Syria, Egypt and the MB, Iraq and Afghanistan. Then Asia. Then the rest of Africa.

    But then with him running around and telling all how the world is less violent, more tolerant, and more stable. Tends to show why BO.....is completely out of touch with reality and the world that keeps passing him by.

  6. #16
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    Seems like they are actually trying to clean up the mess.
    Obama RELEASED warlord head of ISIS extremist army five years ago | Mail Online
    Or not:
    'We either arrested or killed a man of that name about half a dozen times, he is like a wraith who keeps reappearing, and I am not sure where fact and fiction meet,' Lieutenant-General Sir Graeme Lamb, a former British special forces commander, told The Telegraph.

    'There are those who want to promote the idea that this man is invincible, when it may actually be several people using the same nom de guerre.'
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Or not:
    Mornin' Spud. What about his #2 and 3? Not to mention a few other officers that were released from Gitmo?

    Leaders now.....schmoes when captured. What about those guys?

  8. #18
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Even more Ironic is how liberals don't seem to realize how this Problem all came about and from BO's inaction and being indecisive. As well as completely incompetent when it comes to his Foreign policy.

    Also that at this moment.....how he has no plans. No focus and is considering working with Iran. Thinking he will be able to get them to break over their Nuke talks and better relations between us. He has been wrong.....on Libya, Syria, Egypt and the MB, Iraq and Afghanistan. Then Asia. Then the rest of Africa.

    But then with him running around and telling all how the world is less violent, more tolerant, and more stable. Tends to show why BO.....is completely out of touch with reality and the world that keeps passing him by.
    Despite trying to say it's all Obama, the mess wouldn't exist without Bush. The only relatively viable foil to Iran was Saddam. Nobody else outside of Israel has the military to compete.

    I'm not saying that Saddam was a good guy or should have been in power. But when you install a democracy in a shiite-majority country (with major sectarian problems) right next to Iran....it really doesn't take a genius to figure out what could happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Not me, just as long as we are not there.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    From the Guardian.....According to Reuters there are no talks with the US and Iran going on with this matter for the moment. So I am wondering what BO and his Team are saying about the Iranians in Iraq and setting defense for Baghdad.


    Residents offered little reaction to Barack Obama's statement late on Friday in which he appeared to condition renewed US military support on Iraqi leaders first making efforts to pull the country back from the brink. The US and Iran, foes throughout the US occupation of Iraq, share a common interest in defeating Isis, and Iran has so far expressed no opposition to US threats to send military support to Maliki.

    Rouhani, asked at a televised press conference on Saturday whether Tehran could work with the US to tackle Isis, said: "We can think about it if we see America starts confronting the terrorist groups in Iraq or elsewhere. We all should practically and verbally confront terrorist groups."

    Reuters reported US officials as saying there were no contacts taking place with Iran over the crisis in Iraq.....snip~

    Do you think this is coming as a surprise to BO and his Team with the Iranians seeing BO hesitate.
    I don't have a problem with Obama's comments here. When you have a trained Iraqi army abandoning their equipment and posts against Al-Qaeda without even putting up a fight, I don't want U.S. troops in there. If they don't want to defend their freedom at all, then there is no reason U.S. troops should be sent there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •