Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 217

Thread: Anti-Redskins ad airing during NBA Finals[W:125]

  1. #141
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is the same, "in yer face", stupidity as totin' rifles in a shopping mall to protest anti-gun laws.
    It really is not. Just like I hate the ridiculous notion that the n-word is "the same" as the term Redskin, this is no where the "same" as bringing a rifle into a shopping mall to protest anti-gun laws.

    For one, there is absolutely zero chance that this protest will cost the tax payers a single dollar. Where as bringing a firearm openly into a heavily populated public area at least has a chance, and I'd suggest a good chance, of causing a cost to the tax payers as the cops are called to come on site to check the situation.

    For two, rightly or wrongly there are going to be people who feel PHYSICALLY THREATENED by the protest being done with the guard. It's not really believable to suggest anyone felt physically threatened by a TV commerical.

    For three, I'm going to guess that the protest involving the gun didn't last 30 seconds.

    If you want to say it's stupid protesting similar to or like how you think the rifle protests were stupid...that's one thing. But to claim that they're the same? No, I don't buy that one bit

  2. #142
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    At that point, Illinois should change it's name too, it is after all named for the Illinois Indian tribe, Montauk New York must change, Baton Rouge on a technicality because the French named it so after seeing a red stick which the natives used to denote a territorial marker(Baton(stick) Rouge(red)). In fact, Saginaw Michigan and the steering parts they manufacture would have to go, as would Milwuakee Wisconsin. Hell, I like this idea, take it to the absolute extreme to show just how silly this crap really is.
    ... You do realize that none of those names carry a negative connotation, yes? Those are the actual names of tribes... as opposed to... redskin? It's like calling a baseball team "The Niggers".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #143
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... You do realize that none of those names carry a negative connotation, yes? Those are the actual names of tribes... as opposed to... redskin? It's like calling a baseball team "The Niggers".
    Dude, most of the tribes and their members have said it's a non issue. I think if the other thing would be used it would be considered a major issue.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Oh Come on man! What's with the NY Yankee hate, can't we all just get along?
    And them Gotdam Celtics. Keep them too. And we all know what passes as "patriots" now a days. Some gun toting toothless fool with an itchy trigger finger and a bottle of beer.
    And that stupid looking Oriel. At least the football team was smart enough to use a mean looking bird. But only out of desire to rip off Edgar Allen Poe.
    I really cant wait for the Moors people to get pissed about that Minnesota team.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Dude, most of the tribes and their members have said it's a non issue. I think if the other thing would be used it would be considered a major issue.
    If you ask most black people whether they have a problem with nigger being used in rap music, they'll say no. It doesn't deter from the fact that people are becoming multimillionaires through the continued use of the word. It doesn't even move away from the fact that it perpetuates racial stereotypes. The thing is that it's harder to stop someone from saying a word than it is from using it for financial purposes.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #146
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    And them Gotdam Celtics. Keep them too. And we all know what passes as "patriots" now a days. Some gun toting toothless fool with an itchy trigger finger and a bottle of beer.
    And that stupid looking Oriel. At least the football team was smart enough to use a mean looking bird. But only out of desire to rip off Edgar Allen Poe.
    I really cant wait for the Moors people to get pissed about that Minnesota team.
    I went to the University of Louisiana Lafayette, we have been the Ragin' Cajuns for years, at one point someone was trying a name change movement that quickly died because 1) The actual Cajuns in the area(I'm a mix, Cajun, Spanish, Irish, lots of other European, possibly Indian(not sure)) love the name and feel it fits the culture of doing everything hard from celebrating to working to fighting. 2) The people trying to change the name turned out not to be actual Cajuns.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Offense is irrelevant. Racism is bad for society.
    Yea, that's whats wrong here in the good ole USA. Racist team names that have been used up wards of 100 years. But if they were only really racist.

  8. #148
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If you ask most black people whether they have a problem with nigger being used in rap music, they'll say no. It doesn't deter from the fact that people are becoming multimillionaires through the continued use of the word. It doesn't even move away from the fact that it perpetuates racial stereotypes. The thing is that it's harder to stop someone from saying a word than it is from using it for financial purposes.
    I do believe that depends on which generation you ask, I know a lot of the older black folks I have talked to hate that aspect of the genre.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I went to the University of Louisiana Lafayette, we have been the Ragin' Cajuns for years, at one point someone was trying a name change movement that quickly died because 1) The actual Cajuns in the area(I'm a mix, Cajun, Spanish, Irish, lots of other European, possibly Indian(not sure)) love the name and feel it fits the culture of doing everything hard from celebrating to working to fighting. 2) The people trying to change the name turned out not to be actual Cajuns.
    Went to high school with a "Bayou Ni&&er". His family's term not mine. It was the first time I had heard that. But they were from the swamps of Louisiana.

  10. #150
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Tonighjt June 11 Watch The NBA Half Time For A Redskins Protest of Racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... You do realize that none of those names carry a negative connotation, yes? Those are the actual names of tribes... as opposed to... redskin? It's like calling a baseball team "The Niggers".
    Doesn't matter, we are taking the concept of expanded offense to it's logical conclusion. Political correctness is the most ridiculous abuse of language and socializing ever come up with, so if we are going to play by the "offense" rules, where everything that might be an offense to someone is taboo, then everything must be removed because let's face it, someone of the Saginaw tribe may not want to be associated with a non-tribal area of Michigan and it just might offend them.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •