Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 123

Thread: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

  1. #71
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Any state that elects her deserves it.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #72
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    11-25-15 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    531

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Who in their right mind would vote for a person who only became "proud of her country" after her husband was elected President. She was not "proud of her country" when Barry was elected as a State Senator. She was NOT PROUD of her country when he was nominated by the DNC to be their candidate. She is nothing but a bitter, hateful person.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If Michelle were to run for the senate in Illinois she would have to do it in 2016 against Republican Mark Kirk, Illinois other senator is a Democrat, Dick Durbin and he ain't going nowhere. Now running a senate campaign out of the White House in your husband's last year as being president could be very tricky. I am not sure running for senator while your husband is president, how that would play or look to the American public as a whole. Hillary waited until Bill was out of office, I think Michelle should too. But like I stated, if she did that and moved back to Illinois, she would have to wait until 2022 to run.

    Perhaps using Hillary as an example the Obama's could move back to Hawaii, but again both senators are Democrats. Perhaps to another New England state? But again with the lone exception of Kelly Ayotte, all are Democrats and like Mark Kirk, she is up for re-election in 2018.
    I don't disagree with you and if she (Obama) is to run in 2016, maybe another New England state could fill the bill for the reasons you pointed out. Or something "brokered" in Illinois, just wild speculation admittedly. It has been so long, I don't recall anymore what the original pretext of the selection of Chappaqua was from the Clintons. Aside from Hilary wanting to run for senate.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I prefer a system in which the federal government provides the common defense, passes whatever laws are necessary for the various states to function as one cohesive nation, and secures our rights and then leave us the hell alone to live our lives, be who and what we are, and form whatever sorts of societies we wish to have.

    Is there any chance in hell that Senator Michelle and I would be soul mates re that?
    You know, I've never had any trouble living my own life. Not sure what is interfering with anyone's life.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    I don't disagree with you and if she (Obama) is to run in 2016, maybe another New England state could fill the bill for the reasons you pointed out. Or something "brokered" in Illinois, just wild speculation admittedly. It has been so long, I don't recall anymore what the original pretext of the selection of Chappaqua was from the Clintons. Aside from Hilary wanting to run for senate.
    I don't remember either and due to the fact that NY would have an open seat, Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan retired. Also to her advantage New York only had a six month residency requirement. So that also has to be taken into consideration.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #76
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,526
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You know, I've never had any trouble living my own life. Not sure what is interfering with anyone's life.
    I'm not saying it is true of you, but too many Americans today have no clue what liberty looks like because they have been so brainwashed and conditioned to live in bondage to big government, political correctness, and an entitlement mentality. A pity too.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #77
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I saw that and thought here we go again. But Hillary Clinton did it. Hillary had no credentials--absolutely nothing she could point to as significant success in her entire life--her ONLY claim to fame was marrying Bill Clinton. Her one role in government was to put together a health reform plan early in Clinton's presidency which, despite him having a Democrat majority in both the house and senate, was soooooo bad, that I don't believe a single Democrat agreed to vote for it, and ultimately Senate majority leader, George Mitchell, declared it a dead issue. Nevertheless, as a carpet bagger yet, with zero credentials, Hillary was elected to a lackluster term in the Senate and was considered a viable 2008 presidential candidate.

    So now we have Michelle who has never done anything she can point to as significantly successful in her entire life, and whose only claim to fame was marrying Barack Obama. She didn't even participate in putting his terrible healthcare reform bill into law.

    But if she runs, given how dumbed down the American electorate is, we better adjust to a concept of Senator Michelle.
    What happened to liberal women?

    If there is anything you can take away from the biggest female names in politics - Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, and Elizabeth Warren - it's MARRY WELL!

  8. #78
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I'm not saying it is true of you, but too many Americans today have no clue what liberty looks like because they have been so brainwashed and conditioned to live in bondage to big government, political correctness, and an entitlement mentality. A pity too.
    I need something specific. There's no law saying I have to be politically correct, for example. It's a social mores.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #79
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,526
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    What happened to liberal women?

    If there is anything you can take away from the biggest female names in politics - Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, and Elizabeth Warren - it's MARRY WELL!
    If they don't have any particular pertinent experience, leadership skills, or credentials, you're right. Marry well. But a great many women have achieved notable success and accomplishments on their own merits, and I wish we Americans were again smart enough to look at THAT instead of what is politically popular within a particular partisan group.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  10. #80
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If Michelle were to run for the senate in Illinois she would have to do it in 2016 against Republican Mark Kirk, Illinois other senator is a Democrat, Dick Durbin and he ain't going nowhere. Now running a senate campaign out of the White House in your husband's last year as being president could be very tricky. I am not sure running for senator while your husband is president, how that would play or look to the American public as a whole. Hillary waited until Bill was out of office, I think Michelle should too. But like I stated, if she did that and moved back to Illinois, she would have to wait until 2022 to run.

    Perhaps using Hillary as an example the Obama's could move back to Hawaii, but again both senators are Democrats. Perhaps to another New England state? But again with the lone exception of Kelly Ayotte, all are Democrats and like Mark Kirk, she is up for re-election in 2018.
    There's no way that NH would send Michelle Obama to DC. I think Ayotte is pretty safe, but even if she wasn't, MO would never get the nomination here. I hope not anyway. I know we've gone off the rails here in NH with the stupidity and turning this once wonderful state blue a decade or so ago, but I can't see a midwesterner getting the nod here. These native New Englanders mistrust outsiders.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •