Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90

Thread: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

  1. #1
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    SHOCKER!!! Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

    Charles Krauthammer says he supports President Barack Obama’s deal to bring Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home.
    “Had the choice been mine I would have made the same choice,” Krauthammer told Fox News’ “Special Report” on Wednesday. “It’s a difficult decision, and I would not attack those who have done otherwise.”




    Read more: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com


  2. #2
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Surprising.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  3. #3
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    It's rare but this time I disagree with Charles. It wasn't worth it in my view.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    SHOCKER!!! Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

    Charles Krauthammer says he supports President Barack Obama’s deal to bring Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home.
    “Had the choice been mine I would have made the same choice,” Krauthammer told Fox News’ “Special Report” on Wednesday. “It’s a difficult decision, and I would not attack those who have done otherwise.”

    Read more: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Surprising.
    Having followed Krauthammer's career for many years I can safely say there is nothing surprising or shocking about this. Nor his other comments that are far less "positive" about the administration handling of the Bergdahl matter. Now what is humorous about this post is it is the second thread in as many days that highlights comments that pbrauer would have us pay attention to and pay credence to. Which is funny because usually Media Matter's proxy pbrauer, would have us believe the opposite about anything Fox News, Shepard Smith or Charles Krauthammer says. To quote the great proxy, "Krauthammer's a hack."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    He just wants a chance to dig in to Bergdahls brain.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's rare but this time I disagree with Charles. It wasn't worth it in my view.
    The Hammer got this one wrong.....he keeps saying POW exchange. He forgot one major important fact. The Taliban are not a Nation State. Nor are they the ruling governmental authority in Afghanistan.

    Joe Walsh and Others are tearing the Hammer up over this.

    Moreover it is a mute point now. Both sides of the Aisle aren't accepting what BO had to say over the Matter. Plus the American People have spoken.



    CNN’s most recent poll provided a clear indicator of this dynamic in the wake of two major controversies involving military issues. The results showed that Obama did not gain a majority of support for any of twelve issues surveyed from the respondents. In fact, in ten of the twelve issues, majorities disapproved of the President’s performance, and only on one – the environment, usually an overwhelming Democratic strength – did his approval exceed his disapproval, and only barely at 49/45. On the economy and health care, which the poll identified as the top two priorities of its respondents, Obama’s approval ratings sank to 38/61 and 36/63, respectively.

    The Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza assigns the change in polling to a crisis of leadership and competence in the White House. “The core of Obama’s appeal,” wrote Cillizza about the 2008 election “was the idea that he would restore competence back to the White House after President George W. Bush's eight years…. Obama openly embraced the idea that he was the anti-Bush on nothing much more than his commitment to putting the best people in the right places within his administration.”

    Now, the series of disastrous scandals and unmistakable incompetence have completely eroded confidence in his leadership, Cillizza argues, pointing to a Pew poll series in which his perceived executive competence went from 70/15 in February 2009 to 43/51 in December 2013.....snip~

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/relent...100000019.html

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...-up-obama.html

  7. #7
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Not everyone is going to toe the party line, because it automatically criticizes their politically opponent. Sometimes the truth and reality of something is not simply, one sided.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #8
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,258

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Hes wrong and it still doesn't negate the fact Obama broke the law or that Bergdahl is not and was never a "POW"

  9. #9
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,062

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Krauthammer is dreadfully wrong here. The deserter was not a POW.

  10. #10
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,377

    re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    SHOCKER!!! Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com

    Charles Krauthammer says he supports President Barack Obama’s deal to bring Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home.
    “Had the choice been mine I would have made the same choice,” Krauthammer told Fox News’ “Special Report” on Wednesday. “It’s a difficult decision, and I would not attack those who have done otherwise.”




    Read more: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO.com
    Krauthammer says there's, "overwhelming evidence that Bergdahl deserted", his post, too.

    Krauthammer: Bergdahl disappearance 'must be investigated' | Fox News
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •