Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 90

Thread: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    M, I know you're just having fun with this "rookie" and I know that you know he's just a small cog in a non-functioning noisy machine that's been reduced to trying to salvage something, anything, from Obama's latest self-inflicted f**kup.

    Just keep that in mind before you spend much more time on it so he can get back to Ronan Farrow for further instructions.


    Yeah B.....Not even the Norse Gods with a Bolt of Lightning can help change the facts, huh!

  2. #72
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    M, I know you're just having fun with this "rookie" and I know that you know he's just a small cog in a non-functioning noisy machine that's been reduced to trying to salvage something, anything, from Obama's latest self-inflicted f**kup.

    Just keep that in mind before you spend much more time on it so he can get back to Ronan Farrow for further instructions.
    Heh. And to keep the editor happy, heh again.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Heh. And to keep the editor happy, heh again.
    Well, and the money coming in.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    yes me a Vietnam Vet
    Well, I must apologize for my last post. I somehow got confused this morning and decided that yer OP in another thread:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...t-america.html

    wasn't merely a regurgitation of some garbage written by little Guy Benson over at Townhall.com. I got the idea that you were Guy Benson.

    This is an example of how Google can mess you up. I noticed the expression "contradictory parsing" in that OP. I'm a professional copyeditor and it struck me as a bizarre collocation, so I searched on it. If you leave out a few quirky pages, it's found twice: in Benson's blog post and in yer OP. I couldn't understand why Benson would be spending his time posting so much in this forum, but then I noticed he went to Northwestern and that yer located in Chicago. I put two and two together and got five.

    Anyway, we're obviously never going to agree on this. But yer doing yerself a disservice listening to nerdy little you-know-whats like Guy Benson. "Contradictory parsing"? What the hell is that? He can't think and he can't write. His mind works in one direction: political hackery. He doesn't care about men like you fighting in the field to defend the lives and interests of innocent civilians. He's a DC nerd hired to play games deceiving people.

    Bergdahl comes across to me as a flake. I think we can agree he didn't belong in that forward post with other men depending on him in a very high-risk environment. But in the end, I see him as a rather sad figure, someone who didn't fit in.

    Did you want us to hold these militants, these terrorist killers, down there in Cuba forever? It's a war. It's wrapping up. Do you want us to fight it for another thirteen years?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Well, I must apologize for my last post. I somehow got confused this morning and decided that yer OP in another thread:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...t-america.html

    wasn't merely a regurgitation of some garbage written by little Guy Benson over at Townhall.com. I got the idea that you were Guy Benson.

    This is an example of how Google can mess you up. I noticed the expression "contradictory parsing" in that OP. I'm a professional copyeditor and it struck me as a bizarre collocation, so I searched on it. If you leave out a few quirky pages, it's found twice: in Benson's blog post and in yer OP. I couldn't understand why Benson would be spending his time posting so much in this forum, but then I noticed he went to Northwestern and that yer located in Chicago. I put two and two together and got five.

    Anyway, we're obviously never going to agree on this. But yer doing yerself a disservice listening to nerdy little you-know-whats like Guy Benson. "Contradictory parsing"? What the hell is that? He can't think and he can't write. His mind works in one direction: political hackery. He doesn't care about men like you fighting in the field to defend the lives and interests of innocent civilians. He's a DC nerd hired to play games deceiving people.

    Bergdahl comes across to me as a flake. I think we can agree he didn't belong in that forward post with other men depending on him in a very high-risk environment. But in the end, I see him as a rather sad figure, someone who didn't fit in.

    Did you want us to hold these militants, these terrorist killers, down there in Cuba forever? It's a war. It's wrapping up. Do you want us to fight it for another thirteen years?

    Yeah well, don't let those highlighted little blue words trick you about any references. Oh and trying to use the Media. Wont work. Just sayin.

    But yeah that was another thread where you were wrong once again. Like here in this one. But you can play on for the rest of us.



  6. #76
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Well, I must apologize for my last post. I somehow got confused this morning and decided that yer OP in another thread:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...t-america.html

    wasn't merely a regurgitation of some garbage written by little Guy Benson over at Townhall.com. I got the idea that you were Guy Benson.

    This is an example of how Google can mess you up. I noticed the expression "contradictory parsing" in that OP. I'm a professional copyeditor and it struck me as a bizarre collocation, so I searched on it. If you leave out a few quirky pages, it's found twice: in Benson's blog post and in yer OP. I couldn't understand why Benson would be spending his time posting so much in this forum, but then I noticed he went to Northwestern and that yer located in Chicago. I put two and two together and got five.

    Anyway, we're obviously never going to agree on this. But yer doing yerself a disservice listening to nerdy little you-know-whats like Guy Benson. "Contradictory parsing"? What the hell is that? He can't think and he can't write. His mind works in one direction: political hackery. He doesn't care about men like you fighting in the field to defend the lives and interests of innocent civilians. He's a DC nerd hired to play games deceiving people.

    Bergdahl comes across to me as a flake. I think we can agree he didn't belong in that forward post with other men depending on him in a very high-risk environment. But in the end, I see him as a rather sad figure, someone who didn't fit in.

    Did you want us to hold these militants, these terrorist killers, down there in Cuba forever? It's a war. It's wrapping up. Do you want us to fight it for another thirteen years?
    Search engines are not always your friend. We are wrapping the war up in Afghanistan. The Taliban, AQ and the others aren't. Just a quick glance around the globe should convince you. I doubt we'll be done fighting these guys for at least a generation yet. It's a sad reality most of us would prefer to avoid, but ignoring it is simply too costly. Some of us have children we'd like to see living in a better world.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    you can play on for the rest of us
    Nah, I'll leave you to yer confusion. But with a sad heart. Yer not the problem; yer just a victim.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Nah, I'll leave you to yer confusion. But with a sad heart. Yer not the problem; yer just a victim.
    Nah, you just showed all here what you know about a victim.

    0-2 now.....and you are barely even making the rounds. Guess there will the third soon enough.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    is everything
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    We are wrapping the war up in Afghanistan. The Taliban, AQ and the others aren't. Just a quick glance around the globe should convince you. I doubt we'll be done fighting these guys for at least a generation yet. It's a sad reality most of us would prefer to avoid, but ignoring it is simply too costly. Some of us have children we'd like to see living in a better world.
    Yeah, a very tricky business, no doubt about that. But I'm not convinced that a land war in south Asia, particularly against these buggers, is gonna do us any good. I figure this Arab Spring movement and its implications for other Islamic countries, while it does have dangerous implications, is the best chance we have to get things settled down in the medium and long term.

    Why is Vietnam no longer a problem? Because we got our military forces out of there and allowed the government to evolve into what you've also got in other formerly communist nations like China and Russia a rather brutal oligarchy that is content to build wealth through unregulated capitalism.

    Who knows how things will evolve in Egypt and Iraq and Pakistan and some of these other places? I'd say we should do what we can to help them establish a political and legal framework that can raise their per capita incomes and education and healthcare, etc, out of the Middle Ages. Then they can buy our financial services and high-tech manufacturing and we can all get along a little better.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah, you just showed all here what you know about a victim.
    And what is that?

  10. #80
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal[W:30]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Yeah, a very tricky business, no doubt about that. But I'm not convinced that a land war in south Asia, particularly against these buggers, is gonna do us any good. I figure this Arab Spring movement and its implications for other Islamic countries, while it does have dangerous implications, is the best chance we have to get things settled down in the medium and long term.

    Why is Vietnam no longer a problem? Because we got our military forces out of there and allowed the government to evolve into what you've also got in other formerly communist nations like China and Russia — a rather brutal oligarchy that is content to build wealth through unregulated capitalism.

    Who knows how things will evolve in Egypt and Iraq and Pakistan and some of these other places? I'd say we should do what we can to help them establish a political and legal framework that can raise their per capita incomes and education and healthcare, etc, out of the Middle Ages. Then they can buy our financial services and high-tech manufacturing and we can all get along a little better.
    It would be wise of us to avoid foreign entanglements entered with domestics politics as the driving feature. It's always a consideration, but it shouldn't be the leading one at all. To do so speaks of weak and morally questionable leadership.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •