Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 202

Thread: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lied to

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Thanks for promoting my awesome thread, but you misrepresented it. I never cited the Daily KOS or claimed that a Republican strategist was behind it.
    Opps, yeah you sorta did. tres borachos called you out on it too. I like how no matter what is shown to you, your basic stances just stays the same. Sure it gets contorted and convoluted as all hell but hey you are not actually trying to present a persuasive case or actually engage intellectually in the first place. So whoop te doo, right?

  2. #162
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You're defending this guy because you believe he's a Buddhist philosopher, and they can't be messed up?
    Nope. I'm saying that it doesn't the profile, Bergdahl's desire to do missionary work, or the emails he wrote to his parents complaining about sociopathic behaviour from his platoon.

  3. #163
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Opps, yeah you sorta did. tres borachos called you out on it too. I like how no matter what is shown to you, your basic stances just stays the same. Sure it gets contorted and convoluted as all hell but hey you are not actually trying to present a persuasive case or actually engage intellectually in the first place. So whoop te doo, right?
    Quote me.

  4. #164
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Nope. I'm saying that it doesn't the profile, Bergdahl's desire to do missionary work, or the emails he wrote to his parents complaining about sociopathic behaviour from his platoon.
    I find that when someone jumps to the defense of an individual based upon that individual's claim to group status, the person is generally trying to prove something to themselves, about themselves, and is not truly engaged in the evidence of the case.

    What makes you believe this guy was a "good Buddhist", so to speak.

  5. #165
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I find that when someone jumps to the defense of an individual based upon that individual's claim to group status, the person is generally trying to prove something to themselves, about themselves, and is not truly engaged in the evidence of the case.

    What makes you believe this guy was a "good Buddhist", so to speak.
    How is this a response to what you quoted? I explained my point quite clearly.

  6. #166
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    How is this a response to what you quoted? I explained my point quite clearly.
    Wanting to go on missions is not evidence of impeccable character, in and of itself. His platoon was not sociopathic, it was using laughter as a coping mechanism for terrible things. To pretend that soldiers are unaffected by such things is lunacy. Laughter is a common coping mech for trauma, especially when the situation is not immediately escapable.

    You're using an idiot's (the guy in question) perspective of the situation to demonize the military and elevate a deserter. If he was so enlightened, he would have understood how laughter fit in the digestion of horror, and even made others consciously aware of such. Instead, the intellectual child perceives his colleagues as sociopathic.

    The fail is all his.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Wanting to go on missions is not evidence of impeccable character, in and of itself. His platoon was not sociopathic, it was using laughter as a coping mechanism for terrible things. To pretend that soldiers are unaffected by such things is lunacy. Laughter is a common coping mech for trauma, especially when the situation is not immediately escapable.

    You're using an idiot's (the guy in question) perspective of the situation to demonize the military and elevate a deserter. If he was so enlightened, he would have understood how laughter fit in the digestion of horror, and even made others consciously aware of such. Instead, the intellectual child perceives his colleagues as sociopathic.

    The fail is all his.
    Then there is the matter of his tearing a few pages out of the book of Kerry. As in the "running down" of children claim in his letter to his family. Something about that claim seems a wee bit fishy. But no no, it is the "claims" of everyone else that are fishy don't ya know?

  8. #168
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Then there is the matter of his tearing a few pages out of the book of Kerry. As in the "running down" of children claim in his letter to his family. Something about that claim seems a wee bit fishy. But no no, it is the "claims" of everyone else that are fishy don't ya know?
    We once caught a guy writing some pretty silly stuff to a girlfriend. It was fun giving him hell for a while.

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Inconclusive and speculative.
    Yeah, well those guys only served with Bergdahl. What can we expect them to know?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #170
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Parents of fallen soldier: Our son died looking for Bergdahl and the military lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yeah, well those guys only served with Bergdahl. What can we expect them to know?
    It's all inconclusive and speculation!

    Except, of course, that he's a 'good Buddhist' and the US military, and the people therein, are evil sociopaths bent on the slaughter of innocents and human bonfire. That part is obvious fact.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 06-04-14 at 04:45 PM.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •