Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

  1. #51
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Some unaired comments from the recent Snowden interview. Apparently we had all the info we needed on these 9/11 terrorists, but it was that we just had so much info that we dont know what to do with it. We have so much info now, the NSA doesnt know how to handle it all. [/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
    Umm...I can see maybe that. Not that anything was intentional or conspiracy, but the communication between departments were bad and it was hard to properly parse the data. Of course, we're in the world of Big Brother now so it's hard for the NSA to parse so much data, but they have enough PhD Mathematicians on staff, so they'll probably find a way to do so in a more efficient means eventually.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #52
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    !!!

    OMG Mr. Kennedy!?!?! My old high school guidance counselor!!!! OMG how are you????
    Your Mr. Kennedy knew what he was talking about.

  3. #53
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    And your position isn't based on your personal opinion? Lol. Who's position isn't based on their personal opinion in this case?
    Mr. Kennedy, you should know better: you're the one whose argument rests upon crimes begin committed. I know you weren't a civics teacher, but you should know that what's criminal and what's not is actually dependent upon the law. Mr. Kennedy! Were you secretly a federal judge?! I don't think you were. So why would you presume that your opinion that crimes were committed trumps the actual legal opinions of actual federal judges (with actual laws degrees, not just high school guidance counselors!)?

    Or did you not know that?

    The point is, Mr. Kennedy, not all of us became high school guidance teachers. Some of us went on to roles in the military, in intelligence agencies, in the State Department, in national security, etc etc and there's millions of us. We actually know how the process works and we know there aren't "handlers" and when we read stuff like that we just laugh! It's funny to us, but the thing is, Mr. Kennedy- and this is beautiful, you'll like this: the people that honestly don't know, and say dumb things like "handlers" when trying to talk about real life issues...they don't matter. Because the decision makers are people actually in the loop. That's why everyone else in the loop can afford to be so jovial about it!

    Have a great day, Mr. Kennedy! Great catching up with you!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #54
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    I can't understand why intelligent people are willing to give away their rights to the US government.
    I can't understand how intelligent people are able to lie to themselves, convincing themselves that Snowden's releases are summed up in the PRISM program, instead of that discretion being a very small part of his massive data dump.

    What possible good could come from Big Brother having access to all its citizens communications? You may trust your handlers but I do not.
    The government does not access all of our communications. The PRISM program stored point-to-point data, no different than your current phone company does when it keeps a list of the numbers you called.

    You know that scene in every courtroom tv show ever when the hero lawyer (hah) looks at the guy who is accusing the defendant and asks "But Mr Smith, isn't it true that you called the victim the night of the murder!?!, and the actually guilty guy looks shocked and then angry, and the jury gasps, and then the defendant gets off? Where did you think they were getting that data from? Magic?

    What I will say to the US government is find a way to kill the enemy without trampling the rights of US citizens.
    Right. Problem. Some of those enemies are US persons, which is not limited to US Citizens, and many more of those enemies route their communications through US hubs because we are the center of the information world. If Jihad McBuster in Pakistan emails DeathtotheInfidel McBrewster in Egypt, but uses his Gmail account to do so, well gosh, that information is probably going to end up going through a US server at some point. Now it's communications happening on US soil. Think we should look at what the email entitled "notes on how to attack the US embassy" entails? Or naw, we should let that pass because we don't want to trample anyone's rights and after all, Google is an American company.

    War has become too politically correct. If the US is going to war then they should be in it to win it. Otherwise, go home.
    .....said the guy who has not just now finished demanding that war become more politically correct, and more difficult to win???

  5. #55
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Mr. Kennedy, you should know better: you're the one whose argument rests upon crimes begin committed. I know you weren't a civics teacher, but you should know that what's criminal and what's not is actually dependent upon the law. Mr. Kennedy! Were you secretly a federal judge?! I don't think you were. So why would you presume that your opinion that crimes were committed trumps the actual legal opinions of actual federal judges (with actual laws degrees, not just high school guidance counselors!)?

    Or did you not know that?

    The point is, Mr. Kennedy, not all of us became high school guidance teachers. Some of us went on to roles in the military, in intelligence agencies, in the State Department, in national security, etc etc and there's millions of us. We actually know how the process works and we know there aren't "handlers" and when we read stuff like that we just laugh! It's funny to us, but the thing is, Mr. Kennedy- and this is beautiful, you'll like this: the people that honestly don't know, and say dumb things like "handlers" when trying to talk about real life issues...they don't matter. Because the decision makers are people actually in the loop. That's why everyone else in the loop can afford to be so jovial about it!

    Have a great day, Mr. Kennedy! Great catching up with you!
    Even though we both know that your handlers made you say that, I still lol'd.

  6. #56
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Government, good! Citizens blowing the whistle on misbehaving government, bad!

    Except when it's not. There's so many double-standard posters on this thread that my head is spinning.

  7. #57
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I'll dumb it down for you: some people aren't "afraid of their handlers" because they actually have some experience and know how the process works. They're what you'd call "handlers" (I would assume because your paranoid) and they're just regular people, who know the other "handlers" are also regular people. They don't adhere to some goofy, grade school-level thinking wherein a room full of shadowy figures in suits runs the world.

    And then there's people who are in fact, idiots who have no experience and don't know how it works. They're the type of people who think they have "handlers". Do you get it now? Let me know if you need me to draw you a picture
    I see you've been assimilated.... and like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #58
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I can't understand how intelligent people are able to lie to themselves, convincing themselves that Snowden's releases are summed up in the PRISM program, instead of that discretion being a very small part of his massive data dump.



    The government does not access all of our communications. The PRISM program stored point-to-point data, no different than your current phone company does when it keeps a list of the numbers you called.

    You know that scene in every courtroom tv show ever when the hero lawyer (hah) looks at the guy who is accusing the defendant and asks "But Mr Smith, isn't it true that you called the victim the night of the murder!?!, and the actually guilty guy looks shocked and then angry, and the jury gasps, and then the defendant gets off? Where did you think they were getting that data from? Magic?



    Right. Problem. Some of those enemies are US persons, which is not limited to US Citizens, and many more of those enemies route their communications through US hubs because we are the center of the information world. If Jihad McBuster in Pakistan emails DeathtotheInfidel McBrewster in Egypt, but uses his Gmail account to do so, well gosh, that information is probably going to end up going through a US server at some point. Now it's communications happening on US soil. Think we should look at what the email entitled "notes on how to attack the US embassy" entails? Or naw, we should let that pass because we don't want to trample anyone's rights and after all, Google is an American company.



    .....said the guy who has not just now finished demanding that war become more politically correct, and more difficult to win???
    You need some help with your reading comprehension.

    Feel free to relinquish your rights. I, however, shall not.

    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #59
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    I seriously never want to see Old World Odor, cpwill and others complain about government intrusiveness about anything on this forum again. If they do, they cannot be taken seriously and deserve a hearty LOL.

  10. #60
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Read Snowdenís comments on 9/11 that NBC didnít broadcast

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol must've been. I thought we were talking about people who didn't believe in EVAL GUBMINT. Who did you think we were talking about?
    Well, the switch I don't understand is how the exact same people who will rant and rave that government is incompetent and wasteful and not really up to operating efficiently at any complex and difficult task such as provision of healthcare or minute regulation of aerial emissions will in the next breath turn around and claim that the government is secretly some kind of omnicompetent all-seeing-all-knowing faceless agency that functions with smooth and brutal efficiency at handling the most massive tasks imaginable with perfect precision.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •