Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 89

Thread: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

  1. #41
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    They are. Snowden ahould be shot, ges a ****ing traitor. Do I oppose the programs he... they exposed. Yep. 100%. However, the way this went down, was not heroic, it was maximum damage to the country. The way you do so n ething is as important as the methods and motivations.
    Yes, indeed, in a nation almost constantly at war defending "liberties" let us assassinate him.

    No trial is necessary. Just. Shoot. Him.


    Obviously, in America 'liberties" and "rights" like the right to a trial by jury of your peers, only exists for people you agree with.

    The great tragedy in all of this is Canada's fawning, lick spittle Prime Minister Harper who did not have the balls to grant Snowden amnesty like we have the escaped slaves of the middle 1800's through the underground railroad, and the draft dodgers of the 1960's and 70's.

    But, shoot him and show the rest of the world just what those words about liberty and justice rally mean...
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  2. #42
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Yes, indeed, in a nation almost constantly at war defending "liberties" let us assassinate him.

    No trial is necessary. Just. Shoot. Him.


    Obviously, in America 'liberties" and "rights" like the right to a trial by jury of your peers, only exists for people you agree with.

    The great tragedy in all of this is Canada's fawning, lick spittle Prime Minister Harper who did not have the balls to grant Snowden amnesty like we have the escaped slaves of the middle 1800's through the underground railroad, and the draft dodgers of the 1960's and 70's.

    But, shoot him and show the rest of the world just what those words about liberty and justice rally mean...
    If we truely believed in liberty we would have abolished the NSA long ago.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    They are. Snowden ahould be shot, ges a ****ing traitor. Do I oppose the programs he... they exposed. Yep. 100%. However, the way this went down, was not heroic, it was maximum damage to the country. The way you do so n ething is as important as the methods and motivations.
    Yeah, because we all know that if Snowden had followed the "appropriate & legal channels" we would still know all about the depths of spying our government does on us.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Yeah, because we all know that if Snowden had followed the "appropriate & legal channels" we would still know all about the depths of spying our government does on us.
    There are better ways then releasing such and running off to enemy countries
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #45
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Yeah, because we all know that if Snowden had followed the "appropriate & legal channels" we would still know all about the depths of spying our government does on us.
    Thomas Drake, the woman Roark, and several other career NSA types on that PBS program called The United States Of Secrets, ALL tried to remain within the chain of command, tried to work within the system to report the criminal activity they were witness to. They all failed because the system crushed them, prosecuted them and imprisoned a few.

    Snowden, Manning and Ellsberg all did the right thing--turn on the light in the dark room of government secrets.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Good--I did not misread your earlier posts.

    You don't know, it seems, the difference between a country and its government. They are 2 different things.

    What Snowden, Manning and Ellsberg and Drake and others revealed did not hurt this country, it strengthened it.

    What they revealed certainly DID harm the government's credibility, no doubt.

    Someone that conflates government and country is not well informed.
    You and I will agree to disagree then.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #47
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Thomas Drake, the woman Roark, and several other career NSA types on that PBS program called The United States Of Secrets, ALL tried to remain within the chain of command, tried to work within the system to report the criminal activity they were witness to. They all failed because the system crushed them, prosecuted them and imprisoned a few.

    Snowden, Manning and Ellsberg all did the right thing--turn on the light in the dark room of government secrets.
    But is there some things that need to be kept secret?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    There are better ways then releasing such and running off to enemy countries
    Like what? Releasing exclusively to our so-called free press, watching them cater to government wishes & going to prison for exposing gross Constitutional violations?

    Yeah, some plan there.

    Honestly, going to China & Russia was a great insurance policy for Snowden: they're 2 countries we wouldn't dare try to rendition him out of.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Like what? Releasing exclusively to our so-called free press, watching them cater to government wishes & going to prison for exposing gross Constitutional violations?

    Yeah, some plan there.

    Honestly, going to China & Russia was a great insurance policy for Snowden: they're 2 countries we wouldn't dare try to rendition him out of.
    You seem like the kinda guy that would defend the rosenburgs.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Greenwald to publish list of U.S. citizens that NSA spied on

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    But is there some things that need to be kept secret?
    Troop movements, schematics on our weapons & vital systems, generally sources & methods, battle plans & who we've got one for, etc things like that.

    But our government doing generalized spying on us needs to be exposed to sunlight each & every time it occurs.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •