Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 186

Thread: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

  1. #61
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not at all. But my argument about not preventing a child from using the bathroom had to do with potential harm. So no, there is no error in my argument at all.
    Your argument was conflating "medical emergencies" (life threatening) with a child needing to take a normal, healthy bathroom visit.

    But don't admit your error, that would be a precedent.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #62
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Perhaps you don't know each of the teacher's restroom policies. It's up the administration and usually the instructor to create such policies. The concept of issuing, say, 10 passes a quarter for non-emergency restroom or faucet use is incredibly common. Mixing it with other rewards (pizza, popcorn), is not, however.
    Yes, I do. I've had to.

    I guess I'm lucky that my school district doesn't believe in charging kids to use the bathrooms.

  3. #63
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument was conflating "medical emergencies" (life threatening) with a child needing to take a normal, healthy bathroom visit.

    But don't admit your error, that would be a precedent.
    Hi gimme. So do you think bathroom breaks should be chargeable events for kids? This is an interesting topic. What's your opinion on the matter?

  4. #64
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Hi gimme. So do you think bathroom breaks should be chargeable events for kids? This is an interesting topic. What's your opinion on the matter?
    Still cannot admit to an error?

    Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #65
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I have a teenager who was born with kidney issues, if you must know. I can assure you when he was 7, he didn't know the impact a UTI could have on him, which is what he gets when he holds his urine. If a teacher forbade him from using the rest room, he would have a medical emergency. Pretty simple.
    Which would have been covered under federal disability protections in the public schools.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #66
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Which would have been covered under federal disability protections in the public schools.
    Not my other 2.

    Luckily my school district doesn't charge kids to use the bathrooms in school. I never heard of such a thing.

  7. #67
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Still cannot admit to an error?

    Carry on.
    Hi gimme,

    So what's your opinion on the subject being discussed? Charge kids for bathroom breaks - good or bad idea? This is a pretty wild topic.

  8. #68
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not my other 2.

    Luckily my school district doesn't charge kids to use the bathrooms in school. I never heard of such a thing.
    If your child has unique medical needs that may include, say, kidney disease or whatever, they may qualify for protections under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Regardless, unique medical needs would absolutely be under priority for protections and discussion.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #69
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    If your child has unique medical needs that may include, say, kidney disease or whatever, they may qualify for protections under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Regardless, unique medical needs would absolutely be under priority for protections and discussion.
    My other 2 kids don't.

    Luckily my school district wouldn't allow kids to be charged for bathroom breaks anyway, so it isn't an issue. The parents in the districts that do charge for a basic necessity have the issue.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: UPDATE: Pay-To-Pee Teacher Faces No Discipline[W:146]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Hi gimme,

    So what's your opinion on the subject being discussed?
    I think those that cannot follow the discussion should not be wasting others time with their conflating of issues, like "emergencies" and "The pretend money".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •