Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 117

Thread: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

  1. #71
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Since Libertarians, not believing in any government - especially the Federal Government - don't like any 'Acts', it's hardly surprising they don't like this one.
    Not all libertarians are anarchists.

    You libertarian-haters know absolutely nothing about the philosophy, can't comprehend libertarians not running in the LP, and you shouldn't be commenting in the thread. The thread is really about the bill, not you guy's delusions.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Not all libertarians are anarchists.

    You libertarian-haters know absolutely nothing about the philosophy, can't comprehend libertarians not running in the LP, and you shouldn't be commenting in the thread. The thread is really about the bill, not you guy's delusions.
    I've never met an libertarian who is an anarchist. We don't have a problem with government. We just want one that is effective. We believe the government we have now is bloated, expensive, incompetent and corrupt. We would prefer to have a government without those characteristics. I'm truly astounded that everybody doesn't feel that way. But such is human nature.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    All you Libertarians need to go back and brush up on your Ayn Rand. You don't believe in government. You don't believe in a strong military. You don't believe in anything except personal greed. It's your mantra.

    Of course that's why your Presidential candidate doesn't have the guts to run as a Libertarian, and instead pretends to be a Republican. If you believe in limited government, you are a Republican. If you believe in no government, you're a Libertarian. As for Anarchists, at least they're honest in their beliefs. Stupid, but honest.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #74
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Since Libertarians, not believing in any government - especially the Federal Government - don't like any 'Acts', it's hardly surprising they don't like this one.
    Why do you just make up stuff? Please show us a link supporting that bold (above) assertion.

    Try educating yourself, about the Libertarian Party platform, first:

    Platform | Libertarian Party
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    No thanks. I read your high priestess in college, laughed myself silly, and then discarded the whole philosophy as just greed and social Darwinism at its worst. It doesn't matter how much you dress it up, it's still bull****.

    When is your Presidential candidate going to display some balls and actually call himself a Libertarian?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #76
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    All you Libertarians need to go back and brush up on your Ayn Rand. You don't believe in government. You don't believe in a strong military. You don't believe in anything except personal greed. It's your mantra.

    Of course that's why your Presidential candidate doesn't have the guts to run as a Libertarian, and instead pretends to be a Republican. If you believe in limited government, you are a Republican. If you believe in no government, you're a Libertarian. As for Anarchists, at least they're honest in their beliefs. Stupid, but honest.

    Aye, believing in no govt. an anarchist makes, but libertarians don't believe in no government. Anarchists don. The differences are not inconsequential, they are HUGE... Stop being so dammed daft, and just come to grips with the fact.you''re wrong - about what libertarians are, what they mean, are about, stop shooting yourself in the balls.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Aye, believing in no govt. an anarchist makes, but libertarians don't believe in no government. Anarchists don. The differences are not inconsequential, they are HUGE... Stop being so dammed daft, and just come to grips with the fact.you''re wrong - about what libertarians are, what they mean, are about, stop shooting yourself in the balls.
    Oh, OK. I've now seen the error of my ways.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    I chose other for I am not conservative, liberal or pigeon held into a belief structure. I have very liberal views on some things, very conservative views on others, and some even libertarians would agree with - but the one group that seems so greatly out of touch with reality to me in the largest scope of things is the libertarian views, and I propel that comment with the fact they can't get more than 1.1% of a national vote, hold no senate seats, hold no house seats and are thus irrelevant to the discussion of moving our nation in a positive direction. I lean heavily "right" so I wouldn't mind of the green, communist or socialist rose up and divided the democrats just as the libertarians try to divide the republicans. I do take acception to the OP and generally not the author of the post but the story that "House Libertarians" did something since "House Libertarians DO NO EXIST. Only House Republicans and Democrats exist - and just because one leans towards libertarian views doesn't make them a libertarian.

    Just because I think the government has inept failures doesn't mean the solution is to live without government like some (probably few) libertarians think we should. I'm all in favor of government solutions that work, and I'm all in favor of fixing those which don't. Libertarians just think (in general) fixing means eliminating. That I disagree with completely. Our lives in this nation are pretty darn good, I know for I've thought of leaving several times and can't find a single one that will allow me to keep and bear arms as I do, carry weapons as I do, speak out as I do, publish as I want and sometimes do, vote, complain, and keep much of what I earn and live much how I would like. If I could find another country that did all of those things better I'd likely visit and maybe move there.


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So you are exceptionally content with the Republicans and Democrats in our system and see no room for growth whatsoever? And I didn't say hate, you did. I said is upset with, which is true. Most Americans are upset with the way the government is being planned, but there is absolutely no chance that any party, be it Greens, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Socialists, etc. etc. ever have a chance because the system is designed to make sure they don't.

    Funny that you'll write "other" under your lean, but claim to be perfectly and completely content with one of the two existing parties. Whatever "other" belief you might hold, unless it falls under the democrat or republican platform, you will not be represented.

  9. #79
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,559

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I chose other for I am not conservative, liberal or pigeon held into a belief structure. I have very liberal views on some things, very conservative views on others, and some even libertarians would agree with - but the one group that seems so greatly out of touch with reality to me in the largest scope of things is the libertarian views, and I propel that comment with the fact they can't get more than 1.1% of a national vote, hold no senate seats, hold no house seats and are thus irrelevant to the discussion of moving our nation in a positive direction. I lean heavily "right" so I wouldn't mind of the green, communist or socialist rose up and divided the democrats just as the libertarians try to divide the republicans. I do take acception to the OP and generally not the author of the post but the story that "House Libertarians" did something since "House Libertarians DO NO EXIST. Only House Republicans and Democrats exist - and just because one leans towards libertarian views doesn't make them a libertarian.

    Just because I think the government has inept failures doesn't mean the solution is to live without government like some (probably few) libertarians think we should. I'm all in favor of government solutions that work, and I'm all in favor of fixing those which don't. Libertarians just think (in general) fixing means eliminating. That I disagree with completely. Our lives in this nation are pretty darn good, I know for I've thought of leaving several times and can't find a single one that will allow me to keep and bear arms as I do, carry weapons as I do, speak out as I do, publish as I want and sometimes do, vote, complain, and keep much of what I earn and live much how I would like. If I could find another country that did all of those things better I'd likely visit and maybe move there.
    I think you have a lot of misconceptions about what libertarians actually believe. I wish you would take the time to read the actual libertarian platform. We aren't anarchists and we're not trying to dismantle the entire government. The government has a lot of very important roles to fill in our society.

    However, back to the 2 party system. You being more in the middle, sharing issues with both sides, would benefit even more than the average American by having extra parties. Just as you stated, the greens, communists, socialists, constitutionalists, etc. don't have any more than the pitiful few percent the libertarian party has, so you fall under the same boat. Regardless of whether you like the libertarian party or not, you should at least be for dismantling our 2 party system and reforming it so that smaller parties have an actual chance at election.

    I can't tell you how many people I know who match very close to the libertarian party on almost every issue, but still vote republican simply because they want the lesser of two evils and because they don't believe a third party has a chance in our system, which they're right, they don't.

    We have kind of a chicken and the egg situation. You need funding to get votes, and you need votes to get funding. Corporations love the status quo, so they pump billions and billions into democratic and republican candidates. If businesses would massively benefit from libertarian policies, like many people accuse the libertarians of being corporate cronies, then the libertarians would have massive donations from said corporations. As it turns out, we don't get those donations because in reality our policies would help the people instead of just the mega rich like our system does now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    All you Libertarians need to go back and brush up on your Ayn Rand. You don't believe in government. You don't believe in a strong military. You don't believe in anything except personal greed. It's your mantra.
    I had no idea I believed those things. Thanks for setting me straight. Is there anything else I believe that I didn't know about?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •