Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 117

Thread: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

  1. #21
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    and none of those Republicans belong to the Libertarian party. At best - or is it worst - they are faux libertarians in Halloween costume without even the courage of their supposed convictions.
    I never said they belong to the Libertarian party. Neither did the article. We are talking about ideology.

    I know a ton about Amash, Massie, and Sanford. I have followed their careers closely; Amash and Massie from the beginning; and Sanford for a few years, the rest I researched. All are strongly supported by Ron Paul for a reason, and not just because they all supported him.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Funny none of those house members are Libertarian? In fact I don't think there is a Libertarian party member in the house or senate? Guess that's what happens when you got 1% of the vote.

    I don't blame the OP but the story author should note House Republicans blasted this act since there are NO house libertarians.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act | Rare

    I want the NAMES of who changed this bill in committee!

  3. #23
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    You guys are so bad with national security. Which, I guess, is extremely easy to do when you have no responsibility for it. What's the fallout from it in your end? Nothing, really. So I can see why you guys don't care. Just don't expect people with that responsibility to act the same way.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #24
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Funny none of those house members are Libertarian? In fact I don't think there is a Libertarian party member in the house or senate? Guess that's what happens when you got 1% of the vote.

    I don't blame the OP but the story author should note House Republicans blasted this act since there are NO house libertarians.
    Good grief. Did you not read my interactions with haymarket?

    This should all go without saying. There is a "Libertarian" party and "libertarian" ideology. Two separate things.

    Ron Paul is the most notable libertarian Republican.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  5. #25
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    You guys are so bad with national security. Which, I guess, is extremely easy to do when you have no responsibility for it. What's the fallout from it in your end? Nothing, really. So I can see why you guys don't care. Just don't expect people with that responsibility to act the same way.
    We reject that the Constitution must be violated in order to keep the country safe.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  6. #26
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    We reject that the Constitution must be violated in order to keep the country safe.
    And others reject that the constitution was violated. See what happens when your argument rests upon assumptions? You assume it was violated AND you assume that everyone agrees.

    Probably that should indicate you should stop assuming.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #27
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    And others reject that the constitution was violated.
    Those seem people also don't seem to care either way.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  8. #28
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Those seem people also don't seem to care either way.
    Which would have nothing to do with my statement either way. Don't mind me, I just think it's funny when random guys on the internet arbitrarily decide that people working with intelligence agencies are suddenly enemies of the United States. As if they have any idea.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    and none of those Republicans belong to the Libertarian party. At best - or is it worst - they are faux libertarians in Halloween costume without even the courage of their supposed convictions.
    You seem altogether unconcerned with the actual topic of conversation here, which revolves around the content of the bill and how that was transmogrified. Were you similarly unconcerned about this problem circa 2001-2009? Or do your values shift based on which political party occupies the Oval Office?
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 05-24-14 at 01:24 AM.

  10. #30
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,533

    Re: House libertarians blast USA Freedom Act

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    And others reject that the constitution was violated. See what happens when your argument rests upon assumptions? You assume it was violated AND you assume that everyone agrees.

    Probably that should indicate you should stop assuming.
    I don't know much about law from a technical standpoint. It just seems unreasonable and un-American that the government can search and spy on everything we do digitally just because its easy for them to do so.

    This is also a slippery slope. I read not too long ago about how they're using this spying for the war on drugs as well. Once we get used to all this, how long until the local police get to use this as a standard investigation tool? How long until corporations get to use this technology? They're already benefiting from its foreign use, how long until they're doing that here in America? Are they already doing it? I'm sure what we know is only the tip of the iceberg.

    This is far too much power and it will be severely and abundantly abused in the future if we don't stop it now. They can find other ways to fight terrorism.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •